Regular moderate exercise log

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After a distinctly average day yesterday - 10,699 steps and a Pilates session - a late work start provided the opportunity for an early morning swim.

Managed to get to 50 lengths before cramp reared it’s head again. All day work meeting means a step count of just 8,746.

Reactions: DJC3

Geoffno6

After a distinctly average day yesterday - 10,699 steps and a Pilates session - a late work start provided the opportunity for an early morning swim.

Managed to get to 50 lengths before cramp reared it’s head again. All day work meeting means a step count of just 8,746.

A 50 length swim more than makes up for the sub 10,000 steps

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1250m breaststroke in 29.22 minutes, apart from little swims with child it was my first blast in two weeks and I enjoyed it, I'd have enjoyed it more if the muppet management hadn't closed the swim lane at 6pm for lessons as the lane has been open till 7.15 for the last 6 years at least, and as I looked at the amended timetable on the way out to see they've done the same tomorrow.

As I remarked on their facebook feed whilst doing a little trolling at the end of my complaint, they may call themselves Better but it's much worse since the council leased the facility to them. I didn't bother with the weights as I was sulking at the liberty.

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi
so lovely to see a swim mate.I no longer get cramps on the pool as I do stretch exercises (before and after a swim ). You can look up a stretch exercises for swimmers on Youtube. I also leave a bottle of water by the pool to drink too.A warm up and swim down is important too. On my 64 laps I do 16 warm up, 40 for the main.and 8 swim down. Happy swimming

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
so lovely to see a swim mate.I no longer get cramps on the pool as I do stretch exercises (before and after a swim ). You can look up a stretch exercises for swimmers on Youtube. I also leave a bottle of water by the pool to drink too.A warm up and swim down is important too. On my 64 laps I do 16 warm up, 40 for the main.and 8 swim down. Happy swimming

Thanks @Down-Jai 001 will try the stretching.

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A compromise was reached at the pool with the manager as I rang their head office in London to complain, lessons get a lane, we keep a swim lane and the other half of the pool is for whatever, AND after Christmas, Thursday/Fridays they'll open the pool for swimmers with the lessons on one side, which is much much Better. :)

I got a back session in after work, usual routine but a little weaker, a little older and a little poorer :p and with a couple of extra exercises for variety thrown in at the end, my night with my youngest but she came home from school in rebel mode to declare her goggles were at mothers so swimming was sacked but she's watching butterfly videos on YouTube (swim stroke not flyee around with wings things) as a punishment for being irresponsible :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Another late work start due to an external meeting = opportunity to back to the gym. Almost 4 months since the last visit.

Did a bit of everything - pushups, stretching, abs, arms (lat pull downs, seated row, tricep pushcowns), legs (leg press, hip adductor and abductor, calf press) - to assess where I’m at. Pleasantly surprised.

Supplemented by 15,686 steps getting from A to B.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Softly softly catchy monkey day today. No real intensity to it and it is only one day but some light at the end of the tunnel - which may not be a train coming:)
12.6k steps and 25 mins on rowing machine - finally used it:)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
15 mins Hiit on exercise bike before breakfast. Brisk walk after breakfast. 2 lots of 10 min exercise sessions of the type advocated my Michael Mosely - squats, lunges, plank, balances etc.
Around 11k steps in all.

Reactions: kev-w and scouse13

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening folks. Today was useful exercise methinks. 15.5k steps as a base. 40 mins lawn mowing and strimming. 40/50 mins sawing logs - which made me far too pleased with myself; partly for the exercise and partly for figuring out how to get the right size logs from a very awkward double branch.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I managed 1075m breaststroke in 27 odd minutes this evening and then dragged my lazy a*s next door to the gym to do legs afterwards, I managed to squat 105kg x 5 for the heaviest set, extensions curls and calf raises too, my knee started complaining at the end of the squats so I took it a little easier for the rest, but it's ok now :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just managed 10k steps after driving for most of the day. Took Michael Moseley’s approach again and did a few short bursts of muscle building exercises - squats, lunges etc This seems a more achievable and sustainable approach for me I think. I’m optimistic.

Geoffno6

17,000 steps on Tuesday and 14,000 Wednesday installing the new Great British Menu cooker in Stratford upon Avon. 18,000 yesterday installing a cooker in a Liverpool college. 17,000 steps today back at Great British Menu.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hit the pool this morning. Very frustrated as cramp set in at 34 lengths, so,had to abort. @Down-Jai 001 I’m on the exercises!

Out with friends for lunch/afternoon but managed to get to 10957 steps.

Making my return to walking football in the morning.