Regular moderate exercise log

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I don’t exercise. Ever. Even at 16 I chose to go and help in a home for the elderly rather than take part in P.E. I’ve never loved it or got the feeling of achievement that many speak of having completed some. But having lost 4 stone on LCHF I’m finding I have shall we say sagging loose skin that I could argue looks worse than the fat that used to fill it. So, as in my 4 months since diagnosis I feel like a whole new, positive, in control of both body and mind person I have tonight taken my first steps toward trying to do something to at least tone slightly some areas and reduce the skin even a little. As I couldn’t find a thread entitled bare minimum exercise so here is where I shall log my progress :
In an attempt to tackle my worst affected areas I’ve had some advice and props from a passionate gym-going friend and have tonight done the following:
3 complete sets of thigh & tummy tightening work, each set comprising of - 30 thigh crunches I shall call them - I have this v shaped tension bar that I have to sit on the edge of a chair with it and sits between my thighs whilst I attempt to compress it. Then 20 tummy pop bottle toners (don’t you love my technical knowledge!) where again I balance on the edge of the chair, but lay back slightly, with legs out straight which I have to then raise up and over a bottle and back again, not touching the floor so you can feel it pulling on your stomach muscles.
So a very small step but a step I’ve made nevertheless :)

Reactions: zauberflote

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight I’ve just done the same sets of work as last night but upped the quantity :
3 complete sets of 50 thigh crunches and 30 tummy pop bottle toners per set. Hurt a lot by the final set which I’m taking to mean it’s doing something

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Circuits continued tonight (I’m picking up the lingo as I googled a new element to add in)
3 complete circuits, each one consisting of:
50 thigh crunches
30 leg raises
5 plank to push ups
90seconds rest between each circuit

The plank to push ups are hard - well I found them to be as I have ridiculously weak arms so the last set involved lots of shouting at myself to not give up

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 12k steps yesterday. Hoping for a longer walk today either this morning before lunch with a friend or this afternoon to walk it off. Bit thwarted by canal towpath closures in Birmingham so need to figure out some alternative routes. Have a good day all.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Right back on it today. Towpath closures turned out to be very local so able to have a long canal walk as planned - about 7 miles before catching the train back to New Street. That, combined with wandering around Brum added to 26.6 k steps, of which 20.8k were aerobic.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all hope you all had a good day. 30 mins exercise bike before first tea; 3 sets of 10 reps on 7 exercises on weight machine; 12k steps. Who knows if that did any good but it stopped me bothering the sheep.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. Right back on it today. Towpath closures turned out to be very local so able to have a long canal walk as planned - about 7 miles before catching the train back to New Street. That, combined with wandering around Brum added to 26.6 k steps, of which 20.8k were aerobic.

An excellent place for getting loads of steps in, is Birmingham. I don't often do the canals, though, as I've had a few bad experiences of runners and cyclists being less than careful of other towpath users, though one of my all-time favourite walks along them was a day where a boat with waterway workers on it and I kept seeing each other almost all the way along. They had to stop regularly to check something, and I just kept pootling along happily with just a lunch stop and a quick meander off the towpath to the nearby supermarket for a toilet stop.

I regularly walk to the City Centre from where I live, and it's about 15,000 steps - several routes to choose from, depending on whether I want some uphill with fewer steps, or mostly flat with a few more stops. Considering the more uphill one this morning when it stops raining...

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An excellent place for getting loads of steps in, is Birmingham. I don't often do the canals, though, as I've had a few bad experiences of runners and cyclists being less than careful of other towpath users, though one of my all-time favourite walks along them was a day where a boat with waterway workers on it and I kept seeing each other almost all the way along. They had to stop regularly to check something, and I just kept pootling along happily with just a lunch stop and a quick meander off the towpath to the nearby supermarket for a toilet stop.

I regularly walk to the City Centre from where I live, and it's about 15,000 steps - several routes to choose from, depending on whether I want some uphill with fewer steps, or mostly flat with a few more stops. Considering the more uphill one this morning when it stops raining...

It’s great but I agree with you about the joggers and cyclists. It’s the same in London. Since I’m an early bird, I try and set out before the hoardes.

Enjoy your walk this morning.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, I'm forgetting my manners. Welcome to the thread @Emma_369 !! I do regular, moderate paced walking, but, kind of immoderate amount of steps from time to time.

Occasionally mutter about trying something else, and have a skipping ropr which I use on rainy days, but so far this kind of walking works best for me, my physical and mental health, my blood sugars and general temperament!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, I'm forgetting my manners. Welcome to the thread @Emma_369 !! I do regular, moderate paced walking, but, kind of immoderate amount of steps from time to time.

Occasionally mutter about trying something else, and have a skipping ropr which I use on rainy days, but so far this kind of walking works best for me, my physical and mental health, my blood sugars and general temperament!
I actually love to walk and find it very relaxing and given the time I could walk for miles. However I’m a full time working, business running, mom of one whose life is total chaos most of the time :) so I’m trying hard to fit home workouts into my day as an attempt to introduce some form of workout. Doing 3days on, 1 off just because without regular rest days I know I’ll give up as if my body hurts too much I become a bit of a wimp

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s great but I agree with you about the joggers and cyclists. It’s the same in London. Since I’m an early bird, I try and set out before the hoardes.

Enjoy your walk this morning.

And you! I also usually set out before the hoards, but save canal walking for holiday times rather than weekends. Oh, and one of my other favourite walks through one of our urban country parks for when the horses are not out!