Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
13k steps today, some of which were running!!!! Well, sort of a shambling lope.
I went up to the athletics track this evening, with middle daughter and her partner who is training for the fitness test to get into the Met. I intended just to walk round the track a few times but it was so bouncy and easy to walk on I found myself able to jog. Blimey!

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
last night was deadlift, which if I am honest didn't go very well as I am still having problems with my right hip, which I injured before Christmas, bothered me so much I even contemplated going home. 140kg 6x3, then changed to a different technique, stance and dropped to 120kg 4x2 don't know what to do, but I will work it out.

take care eeveryone.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Finally remembered to check blood sugars before and after hoovering... yes, half an hour's postprandial hoovering is as effective as half an hour's postprandial walking. Just as well, as I wasn't venturing out tonight again.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally remembered to check blood sugars before and after hoovering... yes, half an hour's postprandial hoovering is as effective as half an hour's postprandial walking. Just as well, as I wasn't venturing out tonight again.

That’s good to know as snow is forecast. I will have a lovely clean house.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a good step count today as I was stuck in waiting for a delivery. Only just over 5k steps. Did a lot of loft clearing though, going up and down stairs lugging boxes. Also 2 x 20min HASfit weights workouts

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
One 1 mile walk before supper, and heading out for the “maybe tonight I can prevent leg cramps throwing me out of bed at 0530”.... gets so I don’t even like going to bed
Also 5 minutes of Theraband team rowing with my mom, to the tune of Row Row Row your Boat hoping it would perk her up as I had to leave without taking her out. We quit because my wrists hurt- poor form and too much flute playing I’m sure! For a frail 91, she is very strong!
Edit typo

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Missing in (in)action recently. Only 7k steps on each of the past two days. Editing to add my double Pilates session on Thursday evening.

Put right today with 22.2k steps, including 12k in one hit as I walked home from central London.

@ianpspurs hope the injury soon heals and @Emma_369 look after that shoulder.

And @DJC3 running round the athletics track, way to go!

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just over 10k steps today and Will do a 20 min weights session before bed.
2 litle extras - stepping up and down on the bottom stair for 5 mins each time. Surprisingly tiring. I got this tip from the GP running the Diabetes workshop I attended today, talking about adding extra exercise into the day, she said she does this stepping every evening while she rings her mum. I used the time to watch a couple of Jason Fung blogs so win win really.

@zauberflote I have a lovely mental image of you doing row row row your boat with your mum, hope it perked her up.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I’d mix it up tonight and instead of my home work out I went swimming with a friend. Swam a mile - it was a rather leisurely pace and took us 52 minutes but I’m still pleased I managed the full mile. And a nice relax in the jacuzzi afterwards definitely made a welcome change to collapsing on the sofa after my usual circuits :)
Tomorrow’s my rest day so shall report back on Sunday’s regime, whatever I decide that shall be

Reactions: Ponchu and DJC3

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
2.5 mile walk not as fast as I thought. It was like spring out tonight. Mild, slightly blustery, I expected the spring peepers to be out. Tomorrow the temp is going to drop drastically, and by this time tomorrow night it will be 30+F colder than now .

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
16.5k steps yesterday. Off to walking football shortly and then a long walk home, or part way home depending on time available (delivery due this afternoon).

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from footie/walk. Totally knackered. Walked all the way home via canals, the Thames and various parks. According to phone it was 12 miles! Had no idea it would be that far. Rest day looming tomorrow or my sh8ns will really start protesting.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
When you’ve had a really lovely lazy Sunday and not even had to cook as out for food, and then remember at 9pm today is not a rest day, it’s a workout day :banghead:
Anyway 3 circuits of the following:
60 thigh crunches
30 second plank
10 sit ups with arms stretched out above head holding them tight against my ears. After the 5th and 10th sit up there was then a 10 second hold at the half way point to the floor
10 squat jumps
Stomach muscles won’t like me in the morning but all good for the core apparently :rolleyes:

Edited for some of the worst typos imaginable

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally done the deed today, and am now officially a Gym Bunny.

me n our steph, bless her, went signed up.
then she showed me how to use the cycling machine..ok fun did 3k
then off to the running machine...now THAT'S a weird experience..seems so easy on tv.

Got my speed up to 6k before it felt i could stretch my legs properly, while running.

LIKED that..and now i know i can incline as well..:D

anyone just say i hope to go more often, we only had last half hour beofre close, so will post back in
with proper work outs etc.

Cheers.

Oh, hope the shoulder recovers @Emma_369 ..had awful issues with mine
(tore muscle under shoulder blade, so it rotated up AND outwards..:***:) took months to heal..:bigtears:

EDIT: ooops you've healed quick...:D:)

cheers