Regular moderate exercise log

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@johnpol take good care of that hip! If you unbalance yourself too much by compensating with the other side, I’m sure you’ve already completed that sentence in your mind a million times. Good luck at competition! I imagine you are highly ranked or seeded or however it’s called in that business!
Edit: I really should have read your next post before I wrote this, I’m sorry!!

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench press tonight 100kg for a combined 32 reps over 8 set's I think? Lost count to be honest, then finished off with 2x8 to a 2inch block off the chest to work on my lock out. Actually felt nice for a change, especially after last night's deadlift (which knocked my confidence a bit if I'm honest) one step after another.

Reactions: zauberflote

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Another day of long walks. Getting addicted. 31.2k steps of which 27.9k aerobic. Long lunchtime walk - who’d have thought I’d spot a heron at Clapton Pond? Then walked home from work the scenic way along canals, the Thames and through parks.

Attachments

• 98857F27-AA3F-4C58-8CCB-194568657BAC.jpeg
    98857F27-AA3F-4C58-8CCB-194568657BAC.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 244
  • D4861A6D-2EE3-4016-A3C1-FDFE61848C5B.jpeg
    D4861A6D-2EE3-4016-A3C1-FDFE61848C5B.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 251

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Gorgeous @Goonergal ! I have a creek running through the subdivision, and a downstream friend sees great blues stilting around right in her back yard!
Last night I took my first real ballet class since about 1990. I’d done the Intro course to be sure I wouldn’t kill myself. Last night was exhilarating -the only word for it. I will be aiming for two classes a week (used to be a 3-4 class a week addict). It was not what I’d call moderate exercise, although the pair of young Highland dancers in attendance did not break a sweat! I hung in the back row with another senior lady
Did not walk yesterday: too little sleep to manage ballet on top of walk. Unlike @Goonergal .....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Getting very sloppy now in terms of useful exercise. 12.7k steps today - don't really enjoy walking or see much benefit so I need a kick up the backside to get me doing something useful. Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day, To the last syllable of recorded time;

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting very sloppy now in terms of useful exercise. 12.7k steps today - don't really enjoy walking or see much benefit so I need a kick up the backside to get me doing something useful. Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day, To the last syllable of recorded time;

I had to look it up, good old depressing Scotsman he. I think my outlook on Shakespeare in general was formed by my high school experience of going to see a performance of Othello, and not being able to make any sense of anything that was said. AND! Iago broke character and yelled at the (boys in the) audience for being rowdy. Seriously not cool to a teenage Thespian Society member. But some excellent British productions set me straight that indeed the words and sentences are in the language I speak!
Plan a walk soon, usual +/-2.67 miles half uphill and half back down.
I heard a work today by Gerald Finzi, British composer 1901-1956, composer and apple grower. Wikimagic tells me that he helped save dozens of species of apples from extinction, and I’ll bet you, Ian, have one or two of those out in your back 40! Small world.

Reactions: Goonergal and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had to look it up, good old depressing Scotsman he. I think my outlook on Shakespeare in general was formed by my high school experience of going to see a performance of Othello, and not being able to make any sense of anything that was said. AND! Iago broke character and yelled at the (boys in the) audience for being rowdy. Seriously not cool to a teenage Thespian Society member. But some excellent British productions set me straight that indeed the words and sentences are in the language I speak!
Plan a walk soon, usual +/-2.67 miles half uphill and half back down.
I heard a work today by Gerald Finzi, British composer 1901-1956, composer and apple grower. Wikimagic tells me that he helped save dozens of species of apples from extinction, and I’ll bet you, Ian, have one or two of those out in your back 40! Small world.
Never heard of Finzi so time to research. Good man for apples -
This saying good-by on the edge of the dark
And the cold to an orchard so young in the bark - adore that poem and what I remember of RF from 10th grade

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@ianpspurs I have not been a real poetry fan since my teenage Ferlinghetti days. Limericks and haiku are exceptions, and Old Testament Hebrew poetry. Love haiku! My brain won’t stand still for long enough to get a full appreciation of much that I read. I understand Shakespeare is poetry but that’s different.
Do you know, my dad is (and Mom will be, with several generations of her maternal ancestors) buried in the same cemetery as Robert Frost. So I read the orchard poem, and by golly I love it too! Thank you for bringing it up
All I really remember of youthful poetry learning is,
the boy stood on the burning deck......
Eating peanuts by the peck. That was my dad’s.
Edit for clarity

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I have not been a real poetry fan since my teenage Ferlinghetti days. Limericks and haiku are exceptions, and Old Testament Hebrew poetry. Love haiku! My brain won’t stand still for long enough to get a full appreciation of much that I read. I understand Shakespeare is poetry but that’s different.
Do you know, my dad is (and Mom will be, with several generations of her maternal ancestors) buried in the same cemetery as Robert Frost. So I read the orchard poem, and by golly I love it too! Thank you for bringing it up
All I really remember of youthful poetry learning is,
the boy stood on the burning deck......
Eating peanuts by the peck. That was my dad’s.
Edit for clarity
Wrong thread but found this due to you but I could go for walking in some of those fields

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Poetry and apples make a welcome change to jumper chat.
Today Ive been out for a couple of strolls in the sunshine. 12k steps
Just about to do a Hiit weights session as soon as dinner is properly down.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@ianpspurs that’s lovely! Will listen to the whole thing at bedtime. I’m jealous.... you have so much history in the soil that we can never ever match as “the immigrants”. If I were First Nations I would have the right feel.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weakish 13.5k steps today along with moving a wheelbarrow of logs. Carried a 20kg bag of chicken feed on my shoulder about 50 yards to fill their feed hopper. Not great but 2 to 3 weeks ago back wasn't up to that. I do need to do something useful exercise wise but today was a little test passed.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Squats last night and I trained with a good group of people, first time in a while as I train on my own, worked up to 175kg for two singles. This is the heaviest I have been for about 10yrs!! Partly due to the fact I require two new knee's and need both hip's resurfaced. I'm extremely happy with it and think it was the atmosphere created by the people I trained with.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
If I’d get my lazy but up, I could run my morning routine and probably pop over 1000 mile so far for the year. But I’m a little shaken that many of my riding partners have gone to warmer climates to get miles. Nice warm miles in the sun and on clean roads. Makes me jealous.

Time to get up and moving and shake out some miles.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
If I’d get my lazy but up, I could run my morning routine and probably pop over 1000 mile so far for the year. But I’m a little shaken that many of my riding partners have gone to warmer climates to get miles. Nice warm miles in the sun and on clean roads. Makes me jealous.

Time to get up and moving and shake out some miles.

1/2 hour short or 10 miles shy for getting over 1,000. But got in 22, or an hour’s worth of effort.

Measured my TT bike’s chain and found it’s done; chain stretch. Got Wendy fixed, but she’s going to need a rear cassette next time she goes in. She’s getting a little wide in my favorite gearing.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Catching up with various bits of the forum. Sunny weather has meant opportunities for walking. Got into the habit of getting to work extra early so could leave early to enjoy the sun.

Yesterday was a relative rest day - no,walking football due to waiting for a delivery, but did some cleaning and racked up 14.9k steps by the end of the day. Friday did my long, scenic walk home. Bit more of a relaxed pace than Wednesday’s route march but got me to 26.3k steps. Thursday saw an early morning walk to work meetings - cold but glorious and ended with 19.3k steps. Skipped Pilates as didn’t feel too well.

Off to walking football this morning although feeling distinctly sleepy.

@zauberflote congrats on getting back to ballet - really admire anyone flexible enough for that.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Never heard of Finzi so time to research. Good man for apples -
This saying good-by on the edge of the dark
And the cold to an orchard so young in the bark - adore that poem and what I remember of RF from 10th grade

Didn't know about Finzi and apples - but I play some of his clarinet music, (including those Bagatelles in the video) which I do enjoy, and recently discovered a book of some of it transcribed for organ which is fun to play.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Aching a bit today, but that's probably because I did 3 days worth of my steps targets in one day!

Pleased to note it was a far better day for managing on the insulin front as well. That's all becoming much more instinctive on long walk days, which I'm really delighted about as it was getting quite frustrating that I'd carefully plan and figure it out, then it would all go wrong mid-way through the plan, and I'd have to give up and come home. (Basically, if out walking for the day, depending on what I'm eating, it's minimal fast acting insulin if any!)

Now, just to figure out Sunday mornings on the organ stool a bit better...