Regular moderate exercise log

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Much exercising today. 90 minutes of walking football - not so many of us as usual so a good workout. Followed up with 32k steps, the most pleasurable of which were those shared with @DJC3 as we wandered along the Thames in glorious sunshine.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All my exercise today was before a family meal in Breckland. Triangulating 3 devices makes about 11k steps but that wasn't really what today was about.

Reactions: zauberflote

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was excellently immoderate yesterday, so decreed today a gentle day on the walking front. Tomorrow is also likely to be gentle, Tuesday will depend on trains (I did do about 4,000 steps on Preston Station last time I did this journey as I awaited a delayed train) but hopefully, Wednesday and Friday will also be splendidly immoderate quantities of steps.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Record number of steps for me today: >25k thanks to lovely walk along the Thames in the sunshine with @Goonergal it really didn’t seem that far.

Yesterday only managed
5.5k but did spend an hour in the morning with a personal trainer in the gym working more muscles than I knew I had. Very hard work but surprisingly didn’t ache today.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@ianpspurs good for your back - long may it remain strong
@johnpol happy for you and the training group!
@Goonergal you have entirely the wrong picture of me as flexible! That’s contortionists, not aging ballet students Flexibility is not required for a class to be fun
Finally walked. Great walk, usual up/down neighborhood route. I pushed myself the whole way, and clocked my fastest half-miles splits in this iteration of taking walks. Want to break that 19 minute mile (yes, pathetic, right? But I’m really in bad shape.) and would like to add a little jogging on the downhills. Must become stronger for that... no pounding if I want to keep my bionic hips going for the long game.

Reactions: Japes

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Japes what a lovely day out walking! I’d say the odd niggle or even out and out paralysis might be worth it!
do you have to take stress (cos we know church organists don’t have calm Sunday mornings!!!) into account in your insulin plan? I know squat about insulin.
By golly @Goonergal you are tempting me to just go out and book a long weekend in London!!!
Congrats @DJC3 ! They’ll make a gym rat out of you yet
...<wanders off dreaming of idyllic canal walks in London sunshine>.....
Edit spelling

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes what a lovely day out walking! I’d say the odd niggle or even out and out paralysis might be worth it!
do you have to take stress (cos we know church organists don’t have calm Sunday mornings!!!) into account in your insulin plan? I know squat about insulin.

I do have to take note of stress, but as it's generally after the event I know I've been stressed, and I can't predict which way Sunday Morning is going to go on that front so I can't adjust insulin in advance. Which I can do on a long walk day as it's relatively predictable.

What I really don't want happening is a hypo on the organ stool! So, I'm more inclined to under-estimate insulin needs than over-estimate.

Almost every other day of the week I've done 10,000 steps by mid-morning, at the latest. and it's rare on any Sunday for me to get past that before about 3.00 p.m. Long Walk Days usually see me past 25,000 steps by lunchtime.

The exercises are definitely helping the Achilles tendon along some personal choice food related adjustments!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pretty active day today. Started with a gym session, doing the stuff on the card that the pr wrote out for me Sat. It’s mostly vore, stability and strength, all of which I need to improve.
This evening was 75 min yoga class, some of my muscles really protesting at this.
Also >12.5 k steps

@Japes I’m glad the exercises are helping your achilles tendon.
@zauberflote you should definitely come over for one of @Goonergal ‘s guided tours of the London waterways. I’ll tag along too.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dreaded deadlifts last night, I was dreading it to be honest what with my bad hip, but it went well got myself in the "zone" and worked up to 195kg 3x2 and a final set of 3. And they went really good, if I can keep that up I will be on course for a big pull come comp day (all things being well).

Take care everyone.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@DJC3 oh yes I wouldn’t miss it!
@johnpol when is the big day again? Soon, yes?
Did my regular walk, a little longer because I discovered I’d forgotten my reflective vest. I was a little, um, trepidatious, because I was attempting a fasting afternoon. The walk went well, but the only thing that kept me going was the fact that supper was IMMEDIATELY I got back to the house.
Today another sunny (if chilly) day; tomorrow will be what we call “wintry mix” which will lay down a layer of ice on the road. Supposed to be ballet class night so we shall see!

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@DJC3 oh yes I wouldn’t miss it!
@johnpol when is the big day again? Soon, yes?
Did my regular walk, a little longer because I discovered I’d forgotten my reflective vest. I was a little, um, trepidatious, because I was attempting a fasting afternoon. The walk went well, but the only thing that kept me going was the fact that supper was IMMEDIATELY I got back to the house.
Today another sunny (if chilly) day; tomorrow will be what we call “wintry mix” which will lay down a layer of ice on the road. Supposed to be ballet class night so we shall see!
My competition is not until the 10th of May so I have a good few weeks to prepare, but that's what Powerlifting is all about, the journey to get stronger.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely day for walking, went for a stroll round a country park today with a friend, 13 k leisurely steps in all
Gym first thing to repeat the exercises pt had given me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10.7k steps today which is huge improvement from not being able to walk yesterday. If I ever get a whole week when I can move freely I might do some exercise.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
About to go for a <1/4 mile walk to end of street and back, working ankles to help prevent cramps. Today did not go quite as planned...

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
assistance work last night D/B shoulder press 30kg 3x10, side lateral raises with front press 12.5kg 4x10, heavy face pulls 3x15 tricep pushdowns 60kg 3x10 bicep curls 30kg 3x10 and finally D/B curls 25kg 3x10. Just a little work out so nothing too strenuous.

Take care everyone.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No gym here either. Last week’s exertions have taken their toll so easing off a bit this week - at least until Friday when it’s set to be warm and sunny so planning an early escape from work to walk home. 11k steps today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Knees and ankles freed on licence for a while. 12k steps and 2 wheelbarrows of logs moved from the drive and stacked indoors. Not a write off but intensely frustrated by jointy Macjointface