1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Regular moderate exercise log

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by RuthW, Sep 12, 2015.

1. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@Goonergal I am just in awe of you...!!
    @ianpspurs when I was on my 30’s and 40’s I mowed the yard with a body-powered power mower. I did not jog on those days. The yard was on a hill and I pushed fairly fast for me, but even my 10-yr old could go faster. I know you enjoyed your mowing more than I ever enjoyed mine! I too like the new avatar :)
    2.17mi walk pushing it. Was very distracted by bellyache, which is how my body communicates hunger of almost any degree. Arghh.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. johnpol

johnpol Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Deadlifts last night, even after low readings all day, 4 and under, so not really feeling it, so pulled 200kg 3x2 and a down set of 160kg 1x10 hip is still feeling like it wants to fall off but progress is still being achieved which is the main thing.

Take care everyone, and keep achieving the magnificent things that you are doing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

I think there was a nice mixture of exercise today - but I know nothing. 14k steps including lawn mowing. The bank and ditch side are fun stopping the mower going into the ditch then hauling it back up - forgot how that feels since October. Swimming lesson - trouble with getting a little better is teacher can push you harder - today was hardest in 18 months of lessons. Was feeling a bit yuk before but that lesson sorted me out so all good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Been reminded today why I don't move the furniture at home around on a whim anymore - I work with someone who does that to our classroom and workshops far too often and today was One Of Those Days for it...

I have, however, written a mental note that I do need to move furniture when next I hoover as I'm getting sneezy which is always a sign of excess dust somewhere, and it's not on the places I can see!

• Like Like x 4
  5. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

No exercise apart from walking. Just pottering around York this morning and. Slightly more purposeful stepping out round York racecourse in the glorious sunshine this afternoon. 17.5k steps in all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Emma_369

Emma_369 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

56 lengths in the pool tonight - only 1310 more lengths to do for the Swim 22 challenge :banghead:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. zauberflote

Overate the heck out of the whole day. Stress. Spent most of day seated in the car or moving around in one small room. If cooking is an exercise I did some. Just finished a very nice 3 mile walk at what I recorded as an “easy” pace, but the tripmeter tells me I was doing well. Time for the long drawn out bedtime routine. Good night and good morning!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  8. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Good morning. Great stuff with the swimming @ianpspurs and @Emma_369 . Must get back to that myself.

@DJC3 love York - must be glorious in this weather.

Yesterday was a big walking day, fuelled entirely by fat and ketones as fasting. 25.9k steps of which 18.7k were aerobic. Mostly chasing the sunrise along the canal on the way to work and then pre sunset in the other direction on the canal/walking to APPG meeting in Parliament last night.

Figuring out how to maximise time in last day of warm sun whilst getting work done today.

• Like Like x 5
  9. zauberflote

Not sure a ballet class (even at beginner level) is moderate, but it’s what I did this evening. Everything hurts, down to the titanium and plastic that are my hip joints. But FUN!!! I have to teach my brain that being starving after this activity does not mean I have to eat alot of food. Early days yet, early days. Goodnight and good morning!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. ianpspurs

Didn't make in here last night between seized up knee and watching Spurs gift wrap 3 points for Ch***** lost the will to post. Before seizure had 13k steps and some decent lifting of pallets of books. Absolutely full of respect for ya @zauberflote my new semi bionic heroine.

• Like Like x 3
  11. johnpol

Bench press last night 120kg 4x2 then finished with a 140kg for a single, but suffered a hypo after, not how I wanted to finish but progress on my bench

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. zauberflote

I know zip about T1. Would a hypo be apt to hit you during competition? Perish the thought!!!!
    Just a random brag on my middle-aged niece the preacher’s wife. She routinely presses her own weight at her gym. That’s where respect comes in, @ianpspurs ! Also, I could no more handle one of your (mostly fasting, how do you DO it?) routine days-around-the-farm than I could fly to the moon. So the respect around here is bionic and mutual!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. paulmh

paulmh Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ahem. Forgetting someone? :D

Racked up another 2000m last night, so doing double the expected amount per week, might finish the challenge in half the time!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Japes

I had a couple of gloomy Spurs supporters amongst my students to deal with today.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Japes

Thought I'd over-reached myself on the walking targets for this year after a not so great January, but I've smashed February's main target (I don't make allowances for February being 3 days shorter, as it's got half-term in it and I get more walking done over that time!) and know the other one will be well and truly back on track by the end of March, all being well.

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. zauberflote

Evening all! Late short walk tonight. Very very moderate. Nothing to write home about except that it was too late and I did it anyway or the cramps will be even worse. Sigh.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Jennyjustfeet

Jennyjustfeet Type 2 · Member

Well done

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ianpspurs

Just gloomy eh? Come Saturday afternoon a few may be on suicide watch:arghh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Japes

I am, as always, prepared for all eventualities!

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. johnpol

Squats tonight, I have trained even with all the hypos this week and managed to train with a brilliant team. Worked upto a 200kg single, not quite to depth but am immensely happy with it. 6 weeks ahead of schedule for this so bring it on. Ten weeks and counting

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook