Regular moderate exercise log

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Goonergal you’d better be posting! Your luxury vantage point of no housework or cooking to do makes it mandatory!
@Traceymac23 my father would have shouted for joy at your ingenuity!! Are you sure you’re not an engineer in disguise?
Overate two days in a row and feel So Much Better! So:
Late walk, 2.4 miles, pushing it happily all the way. It came on to rain out of a previously clear sky! Got home just before the deluge.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Ugh post won’t post

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a "Last Weekend before we break up" slump over the weekend and the most energetic thing I did was the grass cutting and the mini-borders by the walls and fences restored to relative tidiness.

I may just about get through the week in one piece... says me doubtfully.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
@Goonergal you’d better be posting! Your luxury vantage point of no housework or cooking to do makes it mandatory!
@Traceymac23 my father would have shouted for joy at your ingenuity!! Are you sure you’re not an engineer in disguise?
Late walk, 2.4 miles, pushing it happily all the way. It came on to rain out of a previously clear sky! Got home just before the deluge.
Dodge those pesky raindrops zed !!

Reactions: zauberflote

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner

All a bit Heath Robinson bud after going to all the effort of setting it up it makes you exercise harder

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
No real time set aside to do exercises on Monday......had too many procedures lined
up in hospital(mri, podiatrist,ecg,chest x Ray). I did walk to each appointment though .but had to be wheelchairs back from the mri as it left me a bit discombobulated.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The less said about the current ridiculous shenanigans at work, the better, other than it's inspiring me to do a lot of walking to tire me out enough to sleep well and not fret on the ludicrous nature of it all!

So, having said at the beginning of the year I wasn't going to set a total steps mileage target, just a minimum Continous Walking Brisk Pace one, I seem to have acquired better targets for both, and am doing very nicely with them, thank you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
14k steps and 20 mins exercise bike today. No weights - woke a couple of hrs later and by the time we had done some shopping and I walked the dogs it was evening meal then exercise bike time. @Japes sorry to hear about work problems but walking seems to be going well.

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ballet class. Legs were worn out from last night’s Barre class so was a tad wobbly. But fun nonetheless! However.. she keeps using the same music playlist every week and it’s all opera or ballet music. Too bad the adult class doesn’t rate live accompanist...

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Deadlifts last night 200kg 3x2 felt heavy as, and then 210kg 2x1 and it felt glued to the floor, zero motivation to actually be doing it. The hip isn't getting any better but three weeks left training and then comp. Needs must but I will get there. On another note 11k steps yesterday.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ballet class. Legs were worn out from last night’s Barre class so was a tad wobbly. But fun nonetheless! However.. she keeps using the same music playlist every week and it’s all opera or ballet music. Too bad the adult class doesn’t rate live accompanist...
Let me get this straight - you planning to do a pas de deux whilst playing the flute as in some majorette on steroids? Please post the video:angelic:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench press tonight, decided to do 100kg 2x4, 120kg 2x2, 130kg x1, 140kg x1. These are potential weights for my competition, but if my hip does not start to get better it may be for nothing but we will see

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Done the big shop today......it was like a workout!!

squatting down to bottom shelves,reaching for top shelves(OK at 6'10" I have an advantage),rummaging to the back for best sell by dates unpacking the trolley, packing the bags, pushing the trolley(deliberately pick the wonky wheel one to make it harder), carrying the bags from car to house(parking a nightmare when the school run is at it's worst), unpacking and putting away......phew.........knackered.

Bear in mind I've been cooped up in hospital for a month and not a bad effort I reckon

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A just ticking over day exercise wise - 11k steps. However, 2 grandchildren staying over.9 month old granddaughter had us awake until 1.00 and her big brother was awake with the larks so a) more important things to do and b) happy to get that much in.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Let me get this straight - you planning to do a pas de deux whilst playing the flute as in some majorette on steroids? Please post the video:angelic:

In college I did actually have to play and “dance” once. Some weird modern dance guy needed two flute players who looked ok in a black leotard and wanted to make ten bucks. We spent most of our time snaking around on our bellies, and playing pieces of our disassembled flutes. It was ABYSMAL.....