Regular moderate exercise log

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Oh. My. Gosh. @Japes ! I'd never go to work if I lived near there!!!! I'm sorry for your stress but miles trudged in bluebells is good therapy.
So if your Main Paid Work is connected to your organist duties, I know exactly how your two weeks went! My commiserations
My neighborhood walks feature tiny flowery weeds drifted across people's front yards, trees in full leaf but still that acid spring green, and azaleas upon azaleas.
2 walks today. Got up early again, walked a little farther than intended just because. Right before supper, an intentionally longer walk. Not fast, I classified my perceived difficulty as "easy" on my iRunner app, and grand total 2.3 miles whoopee ding.
The early morning walks are of course during the most pollen laden hour of the day, and I wind up coughing all day (allergic asthma) from it but It Is Worth It! Love the mornings this time of year. Sitting with my feet up; they'd be hanging out the window if I raised the screen! My view is 1/3 asphalt and houses, 1/6 sky, and 1/2 trees. Very nice.

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Much as it embarrasses me to post here after several weeks of absence and complete lack of exercise, I’m going to report my feeble efforts in the hope of keeping me on track. Bg levels have started to rise, as I knew they would, so can’t imagine why I feel so glum about it.
Yesterday 6.5k steps. 1 hr very gentle keep fit class in the village hall and 17 mins medium intensity on the exercise bike.
Lovely photos @Japes .
Thanks for posting those Glucosezone videos @NR you’ve certainly made great progress.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@zauberflote - Main Paid Work and organist duties are not at all connected, thankfully! But, as Main Paid Work is term time work unrelated to music or church, organist duties fit in well around it, on the whole. A couple of local organist friends who work freelance cover the occasional term time funeral (unless it's a church member whose funeral I would be attending anyway - only been one of those in 7 years) and if the annual Residential Homes Christmas services are before I finish term they either sing unaccompanied or change the date so I can be there!

I probably should take some photos of the less pleasant aspects of those woods... and I occasionally take a bag, my litter-picker device and clear some of it up. I've never, ever worked out why on earth people can have the energy to dump unwanted stuff in the depths of an awkward place to get to and can't take it to the appropriate Household Recycling places.

Trying to summon up the energy to go out for a walk before the predicted rains and storms. Plan A was to deal with the repeat prescription and walk to the favoured pharmacy, but I forgot about Bank Holiday so that's now tomorrow's Plan A. It's needles and test strips so no need to hurtle home to get insulin in the fridge fast and not heavy either to carry around for a long walk day - if that happens.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Much as it embarrasses me to post here after several weeks of absence and complete lack of exercise, I’m going to report my feeble efforts in the hope of keeping me on track. Bg levels have started to rise, as I knew they would, so can’t imagine why I feel so glum about it.
Yesterday 6.5k steps. 1 hr very gentle keep fit class in the village hall and 17 mins medium intensity on the exercise bike.
Lovely photos @Japes .
Thanks for posting those Glucosezone videos @NR you’ve certainly made great progress.

Welcome back @DJC3!

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Deadlifts last night and due to Toe gate and hip issues only managed 2x2 at 180kg and my word did that feel heavy too! Ah well one step forwards and a 3 hobble steps backwards!!

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the welcome back @Japes.
Today Ive only done just over 5k steps but made sure I put some dedicated exercise time in.
30 mins strength type training with light hand weights this morning and 20 mins moderate going on the exercise bike this afternoon.
Still got a way to go bg still overreacting to everything I eat. Pre meal this evening 5.1 post meal 6.9 it was a pretty ‘safe’ meal which a few weeks ago would barely have made any impact. Sigh.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see you back @DJC3 and with a good range of exercise. I too am experiencing odd readings - what is 5.6 after 2 boiled eggs and haloumi all about? 13k steps, some heavy duty upending and manoeuvring log store around plus weeding and pulling grass from flowers (I really dislike any work on flowers - veg, trees,lawns, hedges all good).

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see you back @DJC3 and with a good range of exercise. I too am experiencing odd readings - what is 5.6 after 2 boiled eggs and haloumi all about? 13k steps, some heavy duty upending and manoeuvring log store around plus weeding and pulling grass from flowers (I really dislike any work on flowers - veg, trees,lawns, hedges all good).

Thanks Ian. Sometimes there is just no fathoming it is there? Trouble is, without a viable alternative we just have to keep at it. For myself I’m pretty sure that exercise is a major factor but it takes a couple of weeks to really kick in - and if I stop it takes a couple of weeks for bg to rise again. I know this but I still have a masochistic tendency to test it time and time again.
I admire your log manoeuvring skills. The thought of moving a log makes me shiver, log piles tend to be full of spiders!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
14.3k steps and plenty of Marie Kondo but no gym as that is currently a holding room for everything I am unable to fold into the size of a postage stamp.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Made 7k steps today courtesy of a 20 min walk between showers after lunch and dinner
15 mins moderate cycling on the exercise bike this morning and a 40 min interval training session this afternoon with Glucose Zone as recommended by @NR thanks.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DJC3 every little step counts, so don't be embarrassed! I'm with you on the woodpile creeps! Here, every woodpile, never how small, houses at least one black widow spider and very likely a copperhead snake family,,, the first being really poisonous and the second being the most poisonous snake in the state. You wear boots and gloves if you're wise.
@ianpspurs Marie Kondo does postage stamps too??
@Japes no need to post those particular pics; very familiar with the genre!

Reactions: ianpspurs and Japes

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Today was a red letter day for sure. 3 walks, .67 mi no rush, 1.67 mi half at speed, and 4.05, very hilly, way faster than I ever thought possible given how hungry and tired I was. That is the farthest I've gone in one day since before kids! Those ballet and Barre classes are paying off. Happydsnce!

Reactions: DJC3 and Japes

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rubbish effort by me today. Haven’t had time to do any walking as I’ve been stuck in the car all day so just 3k steps.
I did manage 20 mins on the exercise bike at lunchtime but granddaughters are here now so I doubt I’ll have much time for anything else.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Squats tonight and worked upto 170kg for a single, I have one more training week left and that is my openers for the comp, we will have to see how things go

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@DJC3 when you grow up with the snakes, and your parents let you go out alone in the woods when you're 9 or 10, and you know what to do if you see a snake, and you know exactly how to tell what kind it is, it's perfectly normal. Parents wouldn't DREAM of that here any more...
@DJC3 you could play "catch Granny" lol. Sorry it's been not much exercise but you did what you could!
A two walk day. We did the lighthouse again, fast again, in the fog. Nice.
IMG_8171.jpg

There's water for miles behind the fog....

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely photo @zauberflote, definitely worth the walk.

I guess you’d have to learn about those snakes pretty quickly if they are everywhere - sounds like an idyllic childhood though if you were free to roam in the woods from 9 or 10.

We didn’t play’catch the granny’ but we played a game where we were all pretending to be dogs doing an agility course. No winner’s medal for me but a lot of fun leaping over cushions and crawling under blankets. Must have counted for a bit of exercise I reckon.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At last I made 10k steps! Spent the day at Trewithan, a beautiful old manor house garden. Didn’t go very fast but there were a lot of uppy downy bits. Foot a bit sore now with the old neuropathic pain but I’m putting it up now.
Have done a bit of the interval training - not the whole session but about 20mins of remembered exercises.
Can’t get on the exercise bike today as my bum is so sore after the last few days on it - I must invest in one of those gel seats.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
At last I made 10k steps! Spent the day at Trewithan, a beautiful old manor house garden. Didn’t go very fast but there were a lot of uppy downy bits. Foot a bit sore now with the old neuropathic pain but I’m putting it up now.
Have done a bit of the interval training - not the whole session but about 20mins of remembered exercises.
Can’t get on the exercise bike today as my bum is so sore after the last few days on it - I must invest in one of those gel seats.
And those very useful padded cycling shorts yes I do have 'em