Regular moderate exercise log

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Another, farewell pic for y'all. It was after my EPIC walk, which made me feel as good as you do @DJC3 about the 10K steps. Walked the same route, on my own-i-o (MrZF had to go to urgent care to get a tetanus shot bc he ran his forehead into a rusty screw....
So same route, but wanted to go longer, so "took a left at the bike path" on which I walked a mile to where you can see the water. Of course then I had to turn around and return to where I'd gone left, and keep on straight for one more mile to home. Total of all legs 5.77 miles, only two of it flat-flat as I imagine @Goonergal 's canal walk to be. The only thing that kept me going for the last mile+ was the knowledge that I was walking homewards.
View attachment 32642

Attachments

• IMG_8209.jpg
    IMG_8209.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 329
Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another, farewell pic for y'all. It was after my EPIC walk, which made me feel as good as you do @DJC3 about the 10K steps. Walked the same route, on my own-i-o (MrZF had to go to urgent care to get a tetanus shot bc he ran his forehead into a rusty screw....
So same route, but wanted to go longer, so "took a left at the bike path" on which I walked a mile to where you can see the water. Of course then I had to turn around and return to where I'd gone left, and keep on straight for one more mile to home. Total of all legs 5.77 miles, only two of it flat-flat as I imagine @Goonergal 's canal walk to be. The only thing that kept me going for the last mile+ was the knowledge that I was walking homewards.
View attachment 32642
Beautiful image both of the setting sun and you feeling elated at your accomplishment. Hope Mr ZF is ok after #screwgate

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Beautiful photo @zauberflote It sounds like you’ve had a wonderful break. I’m feeling your joy at the walking achievements - well done. Hope Mr ZF is ok now.

I did 7k steps today somehow - it was a pleasant surprise actually as I didn’t feel I’d moved a great deal. Also did around 20 mins of leg strengthening exercises.

Going to get some cycling shorts and a gel saddle for my exercise bike. Can anyone recommend a good brand of either? Pref something I can get online/Amazon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Beautiful photo @zauberflote It sounds like you’ve had a wonderful break. I’m feeling your joy at the walking achievements - well done. Hope Mr ZF is ok now.

I did 7k steps today somehow - it was a pleasant surprise actually as I didn’t feel I’d moved a great deal. Also did around 20 mins of leg strengthening exercises.

Going to get some cycling shorts and a gel saddle for my exercise bike. Can anyone recommend a good brand of either? Pref something I can get online/Amazon.
Knock yerself out. I have open road x 2 and Aldi ones. Tendnot to do 90 min sessions ATM but will build back up. Breathable may be an idea.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=padded...819363&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_6hx6sc6o56_e

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck. When is the comp?
The British Championships are on the 10th of May for my day of competition. And the nerves are now kicking in! less than two weeks with three training sessions to do, in one way I can't wait and in another I don't want to do it as the comp is at BodyPower at the NEC in Birmingham and has 120,000 people there! I'm terrified to be honest.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I might struggle today with the joints not being happy and a mysterious nose bleed in the night. Happy with the fend product today. 16.5k steps. 70 mins grass cutting including the beast of a ditch side. What really pleased me was being able to walk with the 20k bag of chicken feed and load it into the feed hopper. Better than I hoped for.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The British Championships are on the 10th of May for my day of competition. And the nerves are now kicking in! less than two weeks with three training sessions to do, in one way I can't wait and in another I don't want to do it as the comp is at BodyPower at the NEC in Birmingham and has 120,000 people there! I'm terrified to be honest.

Ooh not long then, and of course you’re bound to feel a bit nervous, but you’ve put the training in, and having all those people rooting for you is going to feel exhilarating. All your pals here will be rooting for you too of course. You’ll be brilliant.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today Ive done 7k steps and an hour’s gentle keep fit class with the old dears at the church hall.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I might struggle today with the joints not being happy and a mysterious nose bleed in the night. Happy with the fend product today. 16.5k steps. 70 mins grass cutting including the beast of a ditch side. What really pleased me was being able to walk with the 20k bag of chicken feed and load it into the feed hopper. Better than I hoped for.

Sterling effort, especially with your recent joint and digestive issues.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Way to go @ianpspurs !
@johnpol "we don't want to peak too soon" a musician colleague tells me jokingly as we run through a big pile of simple Celtic-style service music of a Sunday. We are past that concertizing/recitaling, but for you it's very very real. Pretend they're all wearing red flannel pajamas,, my father used to tell me. What of this magnitude have you done previously?
@DJC3 .... do they go home and call you an old dear?
Today was a nice before-breakfast one mile walk in the cool morning, and just got home from a killer Barre class. I have to stop trying my hardest!, bc Wed nights is ballet, challenging exactly the same muscle groups-- which have definitely not recovered yet in 24 hrs....

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Way to go @ianpspurs !
@johnpol "we don't want to peak too soon" a musician colleague tells me jokingly as we run through a big pile of simple Celtic-style service music of a Sunday. We are past that concertizing/recitaling, but for you it's very very real. Pretend they're all wearing red flannel pajamas,, my father used to tell me. What of this magnitude have you done previously?
Today was a nice before-breakfast one mile walk in the cool morning, and just got home from a killer Barre class. I have to stop trying my hardest!, bc Wed nights is ballet, challenging exactly the same muscle groups-- which have definitely not recovered yet in 24 hrs....

Haha I hope not. I think Ive got 20 years on most of them - but to be fair they have a lot more coordination than me, and do all seem to remember what they are meant to be doing, I never do.
I go there because they are a friendly bunch and as Im new to the area it’s a way to get to know people. The small amount of benefit from the exercise is secondary really.
You are packing a lot of exercise in these days - well done.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Way to go @ianpspurs !
I Haven't done anything like this before, I missed out of qualifying for National Championships by a whisker, back when I used to do strongman back in the early 2000's until injury and surgery made me realise that I wasn't really strong enough. But I aim to enjoy these Championships as I have never done anything like this before.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sterling effort, especially with your recent joint and digestive issues.
Thanks but a big part of me is convinced those issues stem purely from LC WOE - but I have a cunning plan Baldrick:banghead: Having said that, I still managed to get through yesterday but all a little too much harder than it ought to be. I keep looking at the analysis of my daily food in Chronometer and hearing Johnny Cash - (I hurt myself today) but that's just me

Last edited: