Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gel seat for execise bike arrived, but dispite it being ‘one size fits all’ it doesn’t fit mine so will have to go back.
Braved the ordinary seat this morning for 15 min hiit session.
Just 6.5k walking steps, mostly on a family dog walk trying to find the footpath signposted to the fabulously named Greensplat - a nearby village.
Played with grandchildren in the garden, mostly Stuck in the Mud. Very energetic but they were kind to me and let me catch them occasionally. I’ve sprained my ankle I think though - can hardly walk now and thinking a trip to A&E might need to be my bank hol outing tomorrow. What an idiot - I’ll be so embarrassed having to explain it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 hug for ankle problem and #seatgate. I managed 40 mins nice and steady exercise bike late this evening and 16.5k steps. OK but nothing special - hopefully there's more in there for coming weeks.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last training session of this comp prep yesterday as I have had cellulitis and have felt decidedly ill, I only did deadlifts 170kg 3x2 and Bench press 90kg 3x3 and that what was it. Hopefully I don't completely fail due to all the things outside of training, broken toe, torn hip flexor and now cellulitis I can only do what I can but I will enjoy the day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last training session of this comp prep yesterday as I have had cellulitis and have felt decidedly ill, I only did deadlifts 170kg 3x2 and Bench press 90kg 3x3 and that what was it. Hopefully I don't completely fail due to all the things outside of training, broken toe, torn hip flexor and now cellulitis I can only do what I can but I will enjoy the day.
Winner for being an absolute trooper and best wishes for competition. Loving the attitude of enjoying the day come what may.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ianpspurs . I spent all yesterday with foot up and wrapped in icepack ( frozen spinach bag) I’m driving back to London for a few days tomorrow so I’m a bit concerned. Luckily I drive an automatic and it’s my L ankle so it’ll hopefully be ok. No exercise yesterday because of this - quite enjoyed sitting in my armchair all day bossing everyone else around to get dinner sorted etc. But v frustrating really.
@johnpol I second @ianpspurs ‘ sentiments - it’s that attitude which has got you so far already. I do hope you enjoy the day, whatever the outcome.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So today I managed 30 minutes swimming lesson, 11.4k steps and 40 minutes exercise bike. All looks very laudable but I need to up the intensity just a little. The walking and cycling was borderline comfortable rather than moderate although my legs feel it now. Hard to get to that level and easy to fall away - recovering lost fitness is hard work.

Reactions: zauberflote

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not many steps today, 5.5 k, but 14 of 14 hrs with 250 or more steps. Did manage to push the cycling into vigorous for full 30 minutes today so that was good. Just need to do Moura:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
13k steps today and lots of housework. I would like to feel that was useful for either fitness or bg control but I would also like to think there were fairies at the bottom of the garden.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DJC3 I'm late here but I hope your ankle is improving. ICE-- Ice, Elevate, Compression. And some ibuprofen. And only in England..."Greensplat"!
@johnpol it's actually your Friday as I write, but I've been thinking of you and will on my tomorrow too!
Last man standing @ianpspurs !
Walking every day, one mile in morning and a little at night. Tue Barre class, Wed ballet class, today 3.25 mi add'l walk. Our neighborhood has been invaded by Canada geese arrgh but the babies are cute. They were much cuter two weeks ago! All my pics came out fuzzy bc I was chasing them trying to get close. When a foot-high baby fowl can waddle faster than a human, that human has a problem ....

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DJC3 I'm late here but I hope your ankle is improving. ICE-- Ice, Elevate, Compression. And some ibuprofen. And only in England..."Greensplat"!
@johnpol it's actually your Friday as I write, but I've been thinking of you and will on my tomorrow too!
Walking every day, one mile in morning and a little at night. Tue Barre class, Wed ballet class, today 3.25 mi add'l walk. Our neighborhood has been invaded by Canada geese arrgh but the babies are cute. They were much cuter two weeks ago! All my pics came out fuzzy bc I was chasing them trying to get close. When a foot-high baby fowl can waddle faster than a human, that human has a problem ....

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thinking of @johnpol today hope it all goes well for you. For me will end up 12.5k steps and 50 mins grass cutting. The steps are mostly from dog walking - about all the walking I can tolerate before boredom sets in. Plan is to join a gym with my boys when we move maybe a personal trainer so I can fill the gap left by no/smaller garden. I may still do a session on exercise bike watching football.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An amazing 26,514 steps for me today! Woohoo!
Thanks to @Goonergal and a fabulous guided tour around London’s canals in the sunshine. Great day and a record number of steps for me. Can’t believe how well my ankle has healed - no problems at all walking and none this evening.
@zauberflote I agree that Canada Geese are not half so cute as their babies. I am still laughing at my mental picture of you trying to race after the goslings.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@DJC3 not only canal walk but healed ankle-- so happy for you! And... all that...C_ _ _ _ _ _ _ e besides. Glad you're laughing. The goosies and I were crossing a used car sales lot, and the guy working on a car and his lady friend thought I was totally nutso! They really are fast! I've watched fit 14-yr-old boys try and fail to catch adult geese on a village green. Funny.
Today 2 one-mile walks, early and before supper. I should do another one but I think I'll just chill. Get to bed early again.
Goodnight all!

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An amazing 26,514 steps for me today! Woohoo!
Thanks to @Goonergal and a fabulous guided tour around London’s canals in the sunshine. Great day and a record number of steps for me. Can’t believe how well my ankle has healed - no problems at all walking and none this evening.
@zauberflote I agree that Canada Geese are not half so cute as their babies. I am still laughing at my mental picture of you trying to race after the goslings.
Great news about the ankle and step count. For information, just how long does it take you to reach 26k steps?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only 7.6k steps today - getting to and from the PHC conference but once there pretty stationary. Couldn’t be helped. Will do better tomorrow.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was just over 9 miles (26,597 steps 9.2 miles).
Thanks . I can work out your steps per mile from that but I was interested in how much of my life would be used up if'n I felt the need to walk that much.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Over 16k steps today, made up of 3 short intentional ‘going for a walk’ walks, plus 1 popping into town to get shopping.

@ianpspurs it took us all afternoon but we were walking for the pure enjoyment of being out in the sun and stopped for drinks and dinner en route so it wasn’t a chore.

Reactions: ianpspurs

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well it didn't go as planned on Friday. I re-tore my hip in the warmup and really shouldn't have attempted to Squat, but as I was there anyway. Missed all three attempts at 165kg and that was it. But I was asked to compete in the bench press and deadlift only, and won 2 gold medals in that instead. Wasn't the outcome I wanted but it was also the risk I was running competing with the injury. Thanks to everyone for the support it means a lot to me