Regular moderate exercise log

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 mile walk, with the river as destination. Walked across a little meadow to get closer, took a pic, and on the way back to the road walked over my ankle in a pothole disguised as more clover, twisted it pretty good, went down hard on other knee, did a further 3.5 miles and now I'm sore all over! The worst part of it is that the dr ALWAYS asks, "have you fallen in the past year?", and, "are you afraid of falling?" Sheesh. If I were afraid of falling, I would have been shuffling my feet and staring down!
View attachment 43774

Hug for the ankle/knee but what a gorgeous photo.

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Survived a barre class. Hope I sleep well tonight; am babysitting tomorrow!

Reactions: LaoDan and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@zauberflote ouch! That must have been really painful. Has it swollen up? Great photo though, it looks so tranquil there.
I’m still doing boot camp on Saturday mornings and recovering from Boot camp the rest of the week.
This evening I did some basic hand weight exercises while watching a film on tv. My glutes still v sore after saturday’s lunges.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@zauberflote and @DJC3 you’re putting me to shame.

So far this week has been extremely sedentary. Work getting in the way a bit. Need to start remedying that. Will walk to my optician’s appointment on Saturday via the long and scenic route, which should be around 8 miles or so.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying to get back in routine after a week away, a week back and another week away BUT some of my online classes are moving to halls, and at different times. I'm not sure I want to go back to halls yet.

Anyway have manged 3 general exercise classes this week and 90 minutes dancing. Tomorrow is yoga followed by a country walk

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DJC3 I'm not sure if "recovering from boot camp" counts as exercise But glad you're still at it! My ankle improved rapidly-- it's been sprained so many times since I was a teenager that it just says ho-hum....
@Goonergal and here I've been picturing you walking to and from work every day-- but it comes to me now that you don't have an office to walk to now!
@MrsA2 nice varied routine there! Sorry that they are messing with your class schedule though. Grrr. My barre schedule shifted this week because of school being back in, so the student division semester started too. They have to use more studios for smaller class sizes due to wide spacing. They always have a waiting list for students; I cannot imagine what it looks like now! Apparently they've raised their $10 million capital funds for expanding the building, which has already had a huge hole dug under it 10 years ago for 4 more studios which immediately became over-filled! Good problem to have, and I wish the Symphony had such support.....where was I?.... so, the online classes are apparently only for the adult division, and they added in-studio classes in July as well! Our instructor is a gem-- and also head of the (large) Adult Division, so we have a friend in high places.

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First yoga class back in a hall today. Just 12 of us. Was OK until after a lot of strenous stuff we all breathed out heavily together quite forcefully...eek!
Also hall rules meant all doors and windows had to be open so was very cold at the beginning and end, and today was relatively warm! Have said i'll go again next week but then review it after we come back from another trip away.

Followed it with a walk led by a friend, level with stunning views until we went up hill, down hill and up hill again. At least it got me warm again.

Then hubby persuaded me out for a drink tonight, yep walked there and back again. The things I'll do for a glass of wine huh?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal and here I've been picturing you walking to and from work every day--
If only!
but it comes to me now that you don't have an office to walk to now
Sadly not. Just (literally) about 2 paces to the chair at which I set up a makeshift desk.
Also hall rules meant all doors and windows had to be open so was very cold at the beginning and end, and today was relatively warm
That’s made me think twice about going back to Pilates. Classes have started again but I was always cold at them anyway.

Anyway, up bright and early with plenty of time for a very long meander to the opticians to get my new lenses. Not due there until 2pm so it’ll definitely be the scenic route along the canal. Not quite sure of the distance - according to google maps the shortest, non-scenic route is 6.8 miles, so it’ll probably be a couple of miles or so longer. With plenty of photo opportunities.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Today being one of my least favourite days of the year for being in the locality (entrance exam day for competitive selective grammar school meaning parking chaos in my normally relatively quiet little cul-de-sac for those who know there's a walking short cut to the school and driving chaos, usually leading to gridlock, for those relying on inaccurate sat-navs) I shall be out walking once I've done the shopping and taken that home whilst the morning exams are in session. It's an all-day affair this year rather than just the morning.

Hopefully, now this year's basic workplace routines are established I shall be getting back to shopping one or two nights a week as part of an evening walk, and leaving Saturdays clear for long walk days again. Sundays as well, as church time is very minimal these days and music clear up pared to the absolute minimum what with no hymn singing. So, no clambering onto pews to put hymn numbers up and get them down, no ensuring all the correct hymn books are out then put away, no putting out and re-filing of any additional words sheets, no listening to grumbles and soothing grumpy souls, (other than from those missing singing) no coffee time to, well, avoid in my case but everyone else is apparently missing it.

Last edited:

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Rained out, today’s exercise shall be one arm curls with the remote control. The reward for this, is one single wasabi covered pea.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
18 miles total today, of which 14.3 were at a much faster pace than usual. Got all competitive with myself - paying for it now as knackered. Lovely walk along the Regent’s canal though and a detour (easy to spot) for a bacon and egg pitstop). Tomorrow’s effort will need to be a saunter.

E17400B4-7191-42FA-87B9-1C388F0FB414.jpeg
8EF1D5C9-EEC8-4566-B63A-7EDF12BE9A25.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
morning yoga was cancelled so I've only walked supermarket aisles, but i did have to pick up an M&S order so parked in the furthest carpark om the roof then used the stairs rather the escalators
Still only a little bit though

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
morning yoga was cancelled so I've only walked supermarket aisles, but i did have to pick up an M&S order so parked in the furthest carpark om the roof then used the stairs rather the escalators
Still only a little bit though

You parked on the roof? :D

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Japes I always wondered how those numbers got up there . Our churches are still limited to 50 people, so if you go to a larger church that's holding live services, you have to reserve a space! My church just started allowing 10 attendees to the Wednesday recording session. This recorded service is streamed and broadcast on Sundays. And-- your long walks on Saturdays sound wonderful!
Mrsa2 you are very brave to do your yoga live! I'm not ready yet. All my classes would be in the bowels of the building, no windows to open....good thing we are still having live streaming.
Possibly a slow one mile walk this evening. I am just bone tired, no initiative, no idea what's going on.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Goonergal what an epic walk!
@MrsA2 I at least understand "parking on the roof" A local mall, and at least one hospital, have roof-ish parking.

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very definitely overdid things yesterday. Woke with all manner of aches and pains and resolved to take things easy.

Have still managed to chalk up almost 23k steps and 9.9 miles, but all at a sedate pace and in small chunks. Glorious day which included a visit to ‘Bermondsey Beach’. Really felt like summer.

D934BCC3-52D1-4A9A-BCEC-061F6240929E.jpeg

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Goonergal quite the industro-artsy-fartsy photo! I really like it.

Reactions: Goonergal and DJC3

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Monday, a barre class. I was very tired all through it, and crashed after. See sob story on What We Ate Today.
Booking another class tonight. We shall see.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Getting back to the office is helping no end with base step counts. Just going there and back and to a cafe for lunch yesterday led to 9.8k steps and today, slightly further at lunch = 10.9k steps. As I’m nursing a blister from the weekend I’ll take that ahead of hopefully a weekend walking in the northeast.