Regular moderate exercise log

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Yesterday evening less intense barre class, taking it easy. Today so far two strolls around the neighborhood with a babybstroller.....

Reactions: DJC3

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Better job at barre class. First time in weeks a class made me happy!

Reactions: LaoDan and DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2nd yoga class in a hall today, only 8 of us instead of last weeks 12. Back doors were kept closed so it felt warmer. Juries out which is better : warmth or fresh covid free air

Then tonight tried our dance class in person for the first time since lockdown. Only 10. Nice to see old friends and was better than zooming in the kitchen.

Somewhere though this past week I've picked up a head cold....

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Day0_NZ can't go wrong mowing the grass!!
@MrsA2 first cold of the season, sorry! I have quite a hoard of tissues if you need some lol
Noon barre class. Again happy after.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, plenty can go wrong with lawn mowing! Here speaks the woman who had the Neighbourhood Watch Boys of the time supervising my every lawn mowing move for months after a mild hypo mid-front lawn and had an unprecedented sit down whilst getting blood sugars back up again. I do miss those particular neighbours - the current lot are less congenial.

Concluded if I don't want a flare up of ancient knee injury I need to take the lift more at work. Still it is lovely to have my usual work related activity levels back even if there is more stair climbing!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Survived!

Ahhhh, sorry! I can't tell here on my app that you are T1. Very glad you survived! And @Japes glad you had those neighbors; sometimes I think a gang that good only comes once in a lifetime.

Reactions: DJC3 and Day0_NZ

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Just over 9 miles today in fits and starts visiting Beamish open air museum and wandering around Newcastle. Feels like much more - I seem to find walking further, faster less tiring than ambling around all day.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi all. Just over 9 miles today in fits and starts visiting Beamish open air museum and wandering around Newcastle. Feels like much more - I seem to find walking further, faster less tiring than ambling around all day.

I call that "museum syndrome". At the end of your visit your legs and back are killing you, and you really only walked 100 yards!

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Uphill today, only about 4K

Attachments

• C449996D-7DF8-410C-8198-A71E0A70C818.jpeg
    C449996D-7DF8-410C-8198-A71E0A70C818.jpeg
    706.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 2DCD34F4-2CC2-4D7E-8432-944E3A0D639E.jpeg
    2DCD34F4-2CC2-4D7E-8432-944E3A0D639E.jpeg
    649.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 12D7D79A-46F8-443D-926D-93FF8FBD49A2.jpeg
    12D7D79A-46F8-443D-926D-93FF8FBD49A2.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: zauberflote

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice pics @LaoDan

12 miles for me today with a lot more hills/uneven ground than I’m used to. And stairs - up and down paths near the steam railway I took a ride on and up and down towers in Newcastle castle. Not to be outdone by @LaoDan a couple of pics attached.

Editing to say wish this forum didn’t object to portrait photos - two of these are the wrong way round!

Attachments

• 0B621522-FF14-47FB-AE9A-63D9789EA66C.jpeg
    0B621522-FF14-47FB-AE9A-63D9789EA66C.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 39608B68-1E9A-4E27-A143-96607D66CBFF.jpeg
    39608B68-1E9A-4E27-A143-96607D66CBFF.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 42B4B2BD-4290-496E-8E07-9D8DA904F5D6.jpeg
    42B4B2BD-4290-496E-8E07-9D8DA904F5D6.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 27EC9E81-06DF-43F1-AABA-7BE069BB9567.jpeg
    27EC9E81-06DF-43F1-AABA-7BE069BB9567.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only a stroll today. We are dog sitting and it was our first time out with this pair. Found a lovely walk alongside a river, but they didn't want to do it ! Flatly laid down and refused to move so that was that.
Did do a 2 hour walk yesterday tho

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely photos again@Goonergal Even the sideways ones.
I am still going to boot camp on Saturday mornings and it’s still taking me most of the week to recover lol. But you’re right @zauberflote recovering doesn’t really count as exercise! I’ve taken a photo of this weeks board and my intention is to repeat it 2 or 3 times during the week. Btw in this photo the word on top left is 5 ex ( exercises) NOT sex which is what I first thought and wondered what I’d let myself in for!
IMG_3799.jpg

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@LaoDan my word that is beautiful where you went! What is the plant?
@Goonergal what is that last photo? Little chimneys? I love the stone-steps-with-window one!
Barre class with inventive choreography. Fun and frustrating all in one lol. I cannot do anything remotely like a back extension lying on the stomach, so I leaned against the wall and pretended! And I am protecting my wrists for a month or two or three (they are thanking me), so everything body-weight-bearing using wrists has to be elbows instead. Inventive R Us...

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@DJC3 that is too funny! Here we may pay extra for personalized license plates for our car. You can put whatever you want but it has to pass the censor. Sometimes the censors can't spell. I had someone following me once whose plate was obviously meant to be seen in the rear-view mirror. It was VERY raunchy Apparently the DMV can't imagine writing backwards.