Regular moderate exercise log

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our dogs this week are a Labrador and a Dachshund. We all went out for about 45 minutes this morning and fully expected the Dachshund to refuse an evening walk but she didn't, so that, and a dogless stroll at lunchtime, brought us to 14000 steps

We'll see tomorrow if its one particular route she doesnt like.

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
A barre class same as Monday's. These ones are called "Core and More", and the "more" always involves the core. She makes up her most deviously difficult combinations for this class. We ended with a two-minute plank and my abs just turned to painful jelly so I had to cheat several times. Who knew the appendix was an ab muscle??

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@MrsA2 last winter we did a three minute one, after that Marine did an EIGHT HOUR+ plank!!!!!!!! I did not cheat on that one. I think my abs are still coming back after the hernia repair in June. Nice that you had dancing! I know you've said, but what kind do you do?
1.5 miles twice round the block with the baby stroller, and a barre class. Fridays I am most exhausted-- it's the 4th class of the week. I persevere, but some parts of me just don't cooperate lol.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@zauberflote we do Modern Line Dancing, in other words all sorts of music not just country. Remembering all the routines means its more a work out for the brain than the body.
This sort of thing

Yoga was this morning, quite a gentle session as teacher had an ankle injury

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another Saturday morning boot camp. Just as horrible as the others but very glad I’d done it when it was over. Libre graph attached showing spike in BG. Don’t know if the recovery time is good or not.
@zauberflote I too am super impressed at your 2 minute plank.
@MrsA2 well done for the line dancing. I used to go and loved it, but I have no rhythm or coordination. I was rubbish and always seemed to end up facing a different direction to the others.View attachment 44292View attachment 44293

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
IMG_3831.jpg
IMG_3832.jpg

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@MrsA2 that looks like fun! Very gracefully controlled, and although I did see a repeating pattern, I definitely was lost almost immediately. How many 8's do you have to remember? Whew!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 that looks like fun! Very gracefully controlled, and although I did see a repeating pattern, I definitely was lost almost immediately. How many 8's do you have to remember? Whew!
Like with anything else you start easy and build up. That one is an intermediate one I think. I just picked that one to show its not Country and Western

@DJC3 the going wrong is half the fun! When we get it right we all look serious as we are concentrating but when we go wrong and end up facing someone its the only time we smile!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having rested up over the weekend, have managed 8.8 miles today, mostly along the Thames and about 4 of which was at speed to get back to base in time for an appointment that the person I was meeting with needed to get to.

Lovely being out in warm sunshine.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Barre class. Only a one minute plank this time. No cheating. I was tickled to death that some of the balance things actually worked for me! I never had stellar balance, but since the vestibular migraine kicked in I'm never sure what I'll have luck with.

Reactions: Goonergal

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Annnnd... another barre class. It is so frustrating having one body part after another poop out on you from a career of overuse. I must have arthritis in my wrists and it must be getting worse (as it does...)
Time to feed the kitties and me.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An online exercise class today. The (young, thin and beautiful) teacher had someone in decorating the room , and it was so funny as he kept stopping and looking from behind her towards the computer in utter amazement. He must have been seeing all of us trying to do what she does....
The look on his face was priceless

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The back to commuting walking and rushing around with students activity really is paying off! In these times when my workplace is more likely to say my use of public transport adds "high risk" to my current workplace risk assessment and my diabetes was "low risk" (remind me never again to have a workplace Health and Safety Officer who has a sibling who is T1 and therefore knows everything about my diabetes... or so they thinks) I really am walking most of the commute again now.

Slightly dodgy knee for a few weeks, which has eased up with the resurrection of a couple of exercises a physio gave me when it was a very dodgy knee along with finally remembering the best way to put on the support bandages for me. (On the calf, and then rolled up just under the knee seems to give it the best support) I've also decided not to take in a full change of clothes for work, just swapping the T-shirt as I've always done as I think the extra weight was tipping me over an edge with the knee. Certainly, the fact I've also lost most of my lockdown enforced inactivity weight gain has helped the knee a lot. It appears whatever I was trying to do at home to keep active around the house just wasn't cutting it!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Does carting laundry baskets up and down stairs, and washing an avalanche of dirty dishes count as regular moderate exercise? Cos I did alot of it so far today.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Japes okay your first floor is not the ground floor, right? So you are doing more stairs! Also this one way system-- so to get to the room immediately counter-clockwise of the one you're in, you have to circle the building clockwise, right?
No dedicated exercise today. One load of laundry doesn't count!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes okay your first floor is not the ground floor, right? So you are doing more stairs! Also this one way system-- so to get to the room immediately counter-clockwise of the one you're in, you have to circle the building clockwise, right?
No dedicated exercise today. One load of laundry doesn't count!

Yes. First floor here is the one you have to go up a flight of stairs to get to.

Luckily the one way system only applies to the stairs. The corridors are wide enough to be split and we keep to the left.