ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm pleased to report my painkillers are working now and my body is getting used to numbness, joint pain (inflammation) and pins with needles.
I'm exhausted.
Since 06.30am I've got 2 very sick kids dressed and myself to visit 3 chemists and a walk-in gp. 5 taxi journeys later we arrived home and slept.
A woke very dehydrated due to attention to kids and not enough water, for me.
As kids being kids, they took my water bottle instead of their own. Hense now having their Scarlet fever sore throat. My 5yr old is still not sticking to the hygiene level I'm used to. He's learning difficulties aren't helping his training and confused needs from me and his dad. Dad is confusing the situation, I feel. I like a certain standard but his dad is on/off with what's needed due to his illness. Hoovering doesn't kill bacteria, never has.
I havent the heart to complain about his housework as often I cannot hoover without horrendous pain. Soooo looking forward to kids returning back to school in 2wks so my new painless movement can spring clean, not just keep the house tidy and basic hygiene..... on top of broken night sleeps and cleaning up vomit . Baths galore are helping them and my house.
Even in pain my little one's needs will come first. Just thankful dihydrocodeine has started to work for me. :) :) :)
May be home for a few days with kids but we will starts our adventures once antibiotics kick in. So much I want us to do. Rock climbing, swimming, walking around farms and maybe a seaside funfare visit. I guess I'll be happy to revise first few days... only. Weather is great.
I cannot wait to walk more. I feel liberated, again.
I will log daily once kids pick up.
Hopefully I'll get time. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Japes and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm pleased to report my painkillers are working now and my body is getting used to numbness and pins with needles.
I'm exhausted.
Since 06.30am I've got 2 very sick kids dressed and myself to visit 3 chemists and a walk-in gp. 5 taxi journeys later we arrived home and slept.
A woke very dehydrated due to attention to kids and not enough water, for me.
As kids being kids, they took my water bottle instead of their own. Hense now having their Scarlet fever sore throat. My 5yr old is still not sticking to the hygiene level I'm used to. He's learning difficulties aren't helping his training and confused needs from me and his dad. Dad is confusing the situation, I feel. I like a certain standard but his dad is on/off with what's needed due to his illness. Hoovering doesn't kill bacteria, never has.
I havent the heart to complain about his housework as often I cannot hoover without horrendous pain. Soooo looking forward to kids returning back to school in 2wks so my new painless movement can spring clean, not just keep the house tidy and basic hygiene..... on top of broken night sleeps and cleaning up vomit . Baths galore are helping them and my house.
Even in pain my little one's needs will come first. Just thankful dihydrocodeine has started to work for me. :) :) :)
May be home for a few days with kids but we will starts our adventures once antibiotics kick in. So much I want us to do. Rock climbing, swimming, walking around farms and maybe a seaside funfare visit. I guess I'll be happy to revise first few days... only. Weather is great.
I cannot wait to walk more. I feel liberated, again.
I will log daily once kids pick up.
Hopefully I'll get time. ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all reporting back in after being away helping my son settle into first home with his wife and soon to be baby. No structured exercise there - bits of moving furniture, making flatpacks etc. Back last night, bit tired today having not slept well for 3 nights so just walking today. Will end up 12K steps so not great but did the basic. Hopefully, start doing something better from tomorrow.
@flexi06 you are really grinding out those steps, bg must be dropping well. @ickihun pleased for you that painkillers are starting to work and allowing you to do of what you want.

Reactions: Japes and Goonergal

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Shoulders today, I took a sugar of 11 into the gym (day off yesterday) which went up to 13.5 and the libre told me my glucose was high. 'no s**t Sherlock' came to mind, but I carried on and soon dropped to 10, military press, from the 20kg bar x 20 working up in 2.5kg a side to 45kg x 3, front & side raises, bent over sides on a machine. trap rowing and some 40kg dumbbell shrugs, went home and had a handful of peanuts and spiked back to 13.5.

The joys :p

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Shoulders today, I took a sugar of 11 into the gym (day off yesterday) which went up to 13.5 and the libre told me my glucose was high. 'no s**t Sherlock' came to mind, but I carried on and soon dropped to 10, military press, from the 20kg bar x 20 working up in 2.5kg a side to 45kg x 3, front & side raises, bent over sides on a machine. trap rowing and some 40kg dumbbell shrugs, went home and had a handful of peanuts and spiked back to 13.5.

The joys :p
Great work in the gym sorry about the spikes. Can't double rate otherwise winner for gym but hug (manly) for the spikes.

Reactions: kev-w

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
Hi all.

I’m another one joining in with this thread. My exercise regime is ride my pushbike go for the long way round to work is about 11.06 miles each away , lunchtime break instead sit down I go for short fast walk I been doing this for last few days and I'm all ready see the benefits . I feel lot more happyto carry on

P

pollensa

This is a thread where those of us who are not Ironman-ready or triathletes or any other kind of sports superstar can log our more moderate achievements and encourage each other.

I was a very keen sportswoman when I was younger but have really let it slide and these days all I want to do is make my exercise more regular. I have also spoken to/messaged other women on this forum who have similar intentions but we are a bit overawed by our (wonderful, and mostly male) diabetic overachievers. My own exercise habits go in fits and starts, so I plan to log all my moderate boring stuff here in the hope that writing it down will make me do it more often.

First of all: today I walked briskly for approximately 90 minutes!
:)
Good to see a motivation post, to get us all going. Vitally important to exercise daily if lifestyle allows, those who perhaps cannot do a 90 min walk, suggestion box, if one has a small tread at home, space it out, i.e. pop on after breakie 10 mins of 15 mins lunch and dinnner at 5.7km to burn off any carbs sugars, this allows one to jump on and off at ones convenience, if no tread, just space it out during the day just another idea to keep up the exercise. thanks for sharing and getting one motivated for the day...
just off to the tread now, thank you.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Playing catch up after a few days resting my shins. Yesterday clocked up about 16,500 steps.

Today back to the gym for the first time in a while. 30 mins of stretched/exercises for shins/abs work and 45 mins of weights- legs and arms.

Currently sitting in John Lewis cafe enjoying my second drink following a 6.5 mile walk. Current step count 23,783 (pedometer stays in locker at gym so no double counting).

Legs probably weren’t quite ready for that so taking it easy for the rest of the day.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. Playing catch up after a few days resting my shins. Yesterday clocked up about 16,500 steps.

Today back to the gym for the first time in a while. 30 mins of stretched/exercises for shins/abs work and 45 mins of weights- legs and arms.

Currently sitting in John Lewis cafe enjoying my second drink following a 6.5 mile walk. Current step count 23,783 (pedometer stays in locker at gym so no double counting).

Legs probably weren’t quite ready for that so taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Stellar stepping and well don e you for the workout

Reactions: johnpol

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal you need to heed the advice of 1 of my 2 all time favourite Eagles songs - although Jackson Browne original is more purist version. Oh my, Jackson Browne how very ITK was I back in the day:angelic: On my link the next song is These Days - very, very apt!

Last edited:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sunday swimming
1,500 m Distance
36:35 Time
2:26 min/100m Avg Pace
473 C

Breaststroke bar a couple of overtaking lengths of crawl and an enjoyable swim :) tomorrow the gym's shut so I'm getting the old mountain bike out for a couple of hours if I've time, I serviced it during winter, new cables & tyres and the gears set up right but haven't had time to use it....

Reactions: johnpol and flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Quite warm and humid here today added to my sneezing earlier circumscribed my activity today so just 16K steps. I live in a bungalow and went slightly uphill to Waitrose in a town probably not at sea level but fitbit gave me 1 set of stairs - go figure.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Quite warm and humid here today added to my sneezing earlier circumscribed my activity today so just 16K steps. I live in a bungalow and went slightly uphill to Waitrose in a town probably not at sea level but fitbit gave me 1 set of stairs - go figure.

My phone counts standing on a moving escalator - up or down - as a flight of stairs.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, the weather in my part of the world is certainly conspiring to keep me in even if I'd already decided to try (and mostly failed so far) to have a few rest days. Most of my regular walking routes have featured on local FB/Twitter accounts with pictures of damage and flash flooding. I've even seen a couple of them featured on national news.

I had a quick 3/4 hour walk yesterday afternoon and was just two minutes from a bus stop shelter as the rain started. I was soaked through the "waterproofs" within a minute! Refused to sit down on the bus when I was that wet.

Reactions: ickihun and flexi06

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Deadlifts today, was supposed to do 140kg again but ended up doing 150kg for 5x4 (seems I can't add up) felt nice and comfy, last set did some paused reps. Finished with a 155 kg just to feel if my form is getting better, so did it with a pause. Finished deads with kettle bell swings, and lat pull downs and then biceps. Nice session really, making progress

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7,3 miles cycled today, first ride with a libre too, showed the beginnings of a drop at 4 miles in so I looped home and landed with a 5.1 which needed a biscuit, my legs and a**e ache a bit too, but the first ride in 4 months probably and my mate didn't come so I'm glad I took it easy :)