1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Sheffield University are conducting a study on food and activity logging among people with type 2 diabetes. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Returning to running (ahem...jogging) with interesting BG results

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by Smallbrit, Jan 23, 2018.

1. RFSMarch

RFSMarch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That's why I don't read anything like that! I know my levels between waking up and finally getting my behind into gear to start doing some semblance of a work out, my levels rise... the more exercise I do the less the rise, and when I am away it kinda resets.

I have a job with no regularity at all - so I make the most of cooking at home when I AM at home, and try and manage my diabetes as best I can when I am travelling/at a tournament. It is not always easy. I can only try.

I know what works for me - and at the moment I am now trying to cook a LCHF evening meal where possible. But on the flip side... if (like tonight) I am out and know I am going to be indulging in a little alkyhickihol... well let's just say it is a good job tomorrow's session is conditioning stretches and Tai Chi!

2. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Other · Well-Known Member

Have you tried a small low carb snack straight after rising? I currently eat cheese and 10g brazil nuts, with tea & cream, straight after doing my am fasting test, because otherwise often my levels will rise all by themselves. This can happen at other times of day too if I fast too long. I am trying to remember to eat a little something every 5 hours. It's bad enough trying to avoid spikes after I eat, I'm blowed if I'll accept spikes when I don't!

3. RFSMarch

Yeah - actually good point. I have seen my levels come down with an ounce each of cashews and almonds, which I like to have as an afternoon snack normally...

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. RFSMarch

Hmmm... rest day after the combo of cardio boxing and more arm-heavy weights have left me with DOMS and a tight achilles.

So no exercise today and back at it tomorrow - not least of which I need to blow a day in town so I need to crack on with a lot of work on my websites... I am aware I am away for another stint and have come no closer to even getting anywhere near caught up with stuff.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook