Reversing Type 2 Diabetes

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Paul1976 said:
borofergie said:
xyzzy said:
What about the link between eating too much read meat and bowel cancer?

Really? C'mon. There is no link.
sadly,that didn't stop my consultant trying to blame my 'annular carcinoma of the sigmoid and descending colon' on eating lots of red meats,sedantary lifestyle and not eating enough wholegrains and the usual '5 a day ****' :roll:

Ok Stephen, Paul

Prove to me there ISN'T Like I say not everything is black and white.

This says there is http://www.wcrf-uk.org/audience/media/press_release.php?recid=153

This says there isn't http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20663065

Both respected authorities.

I'm sure similar disparate views can be found about "gluten grains" from equally respected authorities.

In my opinion the "truth" is likely somewhere in the grey middle in these kinds of cases.

Therefore I shall continue sitting on the fence but lean towards paleo and pro eating red meat. :lol:

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
My consultant will throw a paddy if he finds this out but sod it as I've made the leap of faith towards red meat paleo,natural foods and avoiding grains wherever possible,well, following the the whole NHS dietary advice growing up hasn't exactly done me many favours has it eh? :lol:

Defren

Paul1976 said:
My consultant will throw a paddy if he finds this out but sod it as I've made the leap of faith towards red meat paleo,natural foods and avoiding grains wherever possible,well, following the the whole NHS dietary advice growing up hasn't exactly done me many favours has it eh? :lol:

So true. I'm really not sure what my GP will say, but I will tell him to keep him fully appraised of what I am doing. He has fully supported me thus far, I just have to hope, being a cave girl won't be a bridge to far.

Paul1976

Dislikes
Yeah,I see it in the same context as proving the world is round and not flat..peoples noses were put out of joint by that at the time too eh?
:D

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
xyzzy said:
Therefore I shall continue sitting on the fence but lean towards paleo and pro eating red meat. :lol:

The fact that we didn't evolve to eat grains is a scientific and historical fact. The link between red-meat and bowell-cancer is a epidimeological data mining.

I'd simply point out that 99.9999999999999999999999% of your ancestors fuelled themselves almost entirely with red meat. If there was anything instrinsically bad about it, they'd have evolved a resistance to it. (Of course the red meat that they ate, wasn't fed with corn).

Defren

Paul1976 said:
Yeah,I see it in the same context as proving the world is round and not flat..peoples noses were put out of joint by that at the time too eh?

As they were with Dr Robert Atkins Paul.

Paul1976

Dislikes
Very true,I remember people having great results with Dr Atkins's Diet on a personal level many years ago(My father one of them) but there was the very vocal Anti's trying to pick holes wherever they could,whether in the media or on a personal level(My dad was flamed at the time by the low fat brigade at work and in the family) still,he's kept his BMI of 23 ever since..

Defren

Paul1976 said:
Very true,I remember people having great results with Dr Atkins's Diet on a personal level many years ago(My father one of them) but there was the very vocal Anti's trying to pick holes wherever they could,whether in the media or on a personal level(My dad was flamed at the time by the low fat brigade at work and in the family) still,he's kept his BMI of 23 ever since..

It wasn't just the press. The AMA pilloried him, and he was forced to defend his diet to a Senate commission, they all have egg on their faces now.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Defren said:
Paul1976 said:

As they were with Dr Robert Atkins.

Is that the guy who invented that high-protein kidney wrecking, high-fat artery clogging, low-nutrient diet, that doesn't work, and even if it does work, it doesn't really work, because it can't work, because carbs are actually like good for you diet? The same guy who weight 540lbs and died when his heart exploded with fat?

Never heard of him. Pass the grains.

Paul1976

Dislikes
Defren said:
Paul1976 said:

It wasn't just the press. The AMA pilloried him, and he was forced to defend his diet to a Senate commission, they all have egg on their faces now.
Just as the 'Low fat,low calorie,50% carbs brigade' will have egg on their faces too one day I firmly believe! I'm staking everything on it! some of my health problems that I've had for 20 odd years are now going into remission since I've shook everything i was programmed to believe,upside down.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
borofergie said:
Is that the guy who invented that high-protein kidney wrecking, high-fat artery clogging, low-nutrient diet, that doesn't work, and even if it does work, it doesn't really work, because it can't work, because carbs are actually like good for you diet? The same guy who weight 540lbs and died when his heart exploded with fat?

So you have heard of him :lol:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Paul1976 said:
Defren said:
Paul1976 said:

Just as the 'Low fat,low calorie,50% carbs brigade' will have egg on their faces too one day I firmly believe! I'm staking everything on it! some of my health problems that I've had for 20 odd years are now going into remission since I've shook everything i was programmed to believe,upside down.

Not eggs on their faces; (Sweet and sticky) diabetic blood on their hands.

Defren

borofergie said:
Defren said:
Paul1976 said:

As they were with Dr Robert Atkins.

Never heard of him. Pass the grains.

That's the one. The guy who's diet couldn't work, because... well... it just couldn't. The one who slipped on ice and cracked his skull, I guess the heart attack caused him to slip huh?

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Defren said:
That's the one. The guy who's diet couldn't work, because... well... it just couldn't. The one who slipped on ice and cracked his skull, I guess the heart attack caused him to slip huh?

All I know is that his diet is very, very dangerous. I read it on this forum so it must be true.

Defren

borofergie said:
Defren said:

All I know is that his diet is very, very dangerous. I read it on this forum so it must be true.

I wonder how I lost a ton of weight on it, and am still here to tell the tale. Now, almost six stone down, I know I am doing the ND but the carb count is still around induction levels. Do you think I ought to go and book my funeral tomorrow then?

SouthernGeneral6512

Defren said:
borofergie said:
Defren said:

I wonder how I lost a ton of weight on it, and am still here to tell the tale. Now, almost six stone down, I know I am doing the ND but the carb count is still around induction levels. Do you think I ought to go and book my funeral tomorrow then?
6 stones well done you!

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Grain and overpopulation:
303584_10150879465424226_20025344225_10267391_2124325256_n.jpg

Defren

SouthernGeneral6512 said:
6 stones well done you!

Thank you. It's actually 5 stone 9lbs :D

I still want to loose about another stone and a half, it's all belly fat, and being an apple shape it accumulates around my waist, so this last bit could be very hard, 11 pounds 8oz went in the last two weeks, but I am expecting a big slow down anytime now. I have this week and next left on the ND, so hoping the momentum continues to the end of the diet.

The ND is supposed to reverse T2 I shall reserve judgement, but so far it's looking good!