RH Life.

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yeah! Only!

We have to beat Grimsby and Braintree lose and we sneak into the playoffs!
Only!
We've done it Nosher!!! I'm so bloody happy, I've got tears in my eyes! It's unbelievable! I'll probably have a hypo after my slightly over the top celebrations around the living room!

Mark Selby has just made it a double as well! What a day for Leicester

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yeah ok, not such a big deal eh?

Well done to all concerned!

Claudio is such a legend!!

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ok, start of the working week, gonna be busy again next few weeks as the growing season gets going and a big clean up is required at the same time.
Weather really brilliant for a change. Who can believe 25 degrees.
Make the most of it, it's your summer! Ha!

I mistakenly put a sweetener in my cuppa and I can't get the too sweet taste out of my mouth! Yuk!
Hate sweet!

Only a couple of days before my endocrinologist appointment.
Got my questions lined up especially about how insulin impacts on our lives and trying to keep control.
He probably won't be happy as I haven't upped my carbs enough for him, but hey ho!
Think my continued health and well-being will satisfy him hopefully.

He always has a surprise for me and I can't help feeling it might be more tests.
But, I can't refuse him, can I?

Hope everyone is fine and keeping cool on the weather and cool about their blood glucose levels! Stay cool RH ers!

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hey all. Sorry I don't keep in touch as much as I did life is so hectic and I find I am on my phone too much! I am doing well I think touch wood. Joined the gym with my daughter And had a health mot on Friday and my cholesterol was 4.1 and blood sugar 5.1 two hours after eating. It's my little boys 4th birthday tomorrow so hopefully we will have sunshine and I won't eat anything I shouldn't! It's funny but as soon as I have eaten too many carbs I get an almost instant headache or full ache does anyone else experience this? Good luck with the appt Nosher i hope it goes well. Xx

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks Emma!
I'm busy myself.

Don't worry too much about keeping in touch, we all have to catch up!
I'm posting this at work on my dinner!!!

Headaches are the first sign for me, that something is not right.
Having constant headaches behind your eyes is a symptom of hypers. Along with every other symptoms we get.

Take care, I know that my appointment will go ok!
Full report following.

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, hope everyone's doing ok? I've been out for dinner tonight to celebrate my Mum and Dad's 45th wedding anniversary. Was quite anxious beforehand but there was no need to be and I really enjoyed it!

Had a lovely fillet steak with mushroom and Stilton sauce, 8 hand cut chips, 2 beer battered onion rings, mushrooms, half grilled tomato and side salad. Even pinched a couple of spoons of the kids ice cream! A few more carbs than I would normally risk in one meal but it was lovely and my results so far aren't too bad. 4.8 before eating, peaked at less than 8 and 6.2 at 2 hours. Pretty pleased with that and another little boost to my confidence!

Ooh, just checked my bs again and it's gone back up to 7.1 without me eating again! Never had a double spike before! May be the effect of the ice cream as I ate that 40 minutes or so after starting the meal. My graph won't look so good today but a girl's got to push the boundaries and have a little treat now and again eh?!!

Have a brilliant weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people