Roche Insight Pump

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Insight cases available from Roche 0800 731 2291 advertised on info sight , couldn't find any pictures though 0800 731 2291 hope this helps

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

The cases are too small for the pump and because of this the strips hit the on off button on the handset. If you turn the handset round then you have to take the handset out to do a test....

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ooh my!:wideyed:

I've only had it an afternoon and I'm already impressed. Initial set up very easy, cartridge, cannula and tube prime etc all good, TBR easy to set for the ride home, 24 x 1 hour basal rates easy to set.

Let the fun begin.

What length tube you got? How much are you priming through it?

According to instructions for 100cm tube, it should be set at 15 units.... No, this morn I primed for the 100cm tube and it fell short by just over an inch!! Had to do another fill tube and cancel it when drips came out.

When you prime your tube, you can adjust the settings to give a little more. I've upped mine to 17 units for my 100cm tube.

The cannula fill is set at 0.7unit for whatever length cannula used.. I don't understand that either... As it will surely take more insulin to prime a 10mm than a 6mm.

One thing is better when you leave the pump running for a bath, there is no suck back up the tubing for these sets. The rapid d's despite leaving running always had suck back up the tube.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The cases are too small for the pump and because of this the strips hit the on off button on the handset. If you turn the handset round then you have to take the handset out to do a test....

Yep, I had that problem with the case they gave me. I've managed to fit the handset into one of my two Glucomen LX meter cases with strips and lancing device from menarini as well, avoiding the need for another lancet prescription.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What length tube you got? How much are you priming through it?

According to instructions for 100cm tube, it should be set at 15 units.... No, this morn I primed for the 100cm tube and it fell short by just over an inch!! Had to do another fill tube and cancel it when drips came out.

When you prime your tube, you can adjust the settings to give a little more. I've upped mine to 17 units for my 100cm tube.

The cannula fill is set at 0.7unit for whatever length cannula used.. I don't understand that either... As it will surely take more insulin to prime a 10mm than a 6mm.

One thing is better when you leave the pump running for a bath, there is no suck back up the tubing for these sets. The rapid d's despite leaving running always had suck back up the tube.
I've got the 70cm tubing for now and the 14U was just right. I've not played with that yet but will keep an eye on it.

Need to think about where to put it at bed time though

iHs

You could try using a socķ with narrow ankle band (kids) and make a hole in the foot toe part. Thread long piece of elastic or chord through hole and make a loop. Shove pump in the ankleband and hang sock over your neck. Go to bed, dont worry about where the pump is as.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could try using a socķ with narrow ankle band (kids) and make a hole in the foot toe part. Thread long piece of elastic or chord through hole and make a loop. Shove pump in the ankleband and hang sock over your neck. Go to bed, dont worry about where the pump is as.
Nice idea, i also have an mp3/phone armband thingy which I may try first.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Did you get the non fitting soft case?

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you mean the one for the handset, test strips and lancet, yes they gave me that one, but as you say, doesn't fit and the button on the meter kept getting pressed.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
If you mean the one for the handset, test strips and lancet, yes they gave me that one, but as you say, doesn't fit and the button on the meter kept getting pressed.

That's the one!!!!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
can you copy adn past basal profiles to then edit them, rather than starting from scratch? Say I want to set up a basal profiel with a +10% adjustment for sickness, can I do that easily, or does it need every segment entering manually?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Is this as another basal rate, if so.. Sorry, I think you have to enter them manually.
Might be a way to do it on 360 software but I don't use that.
I've always manually set them up...

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bubbles:(

How to deal with them? Do I reprime until they are out or what?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Fill tube....you can press the middlebutton to stop it when bubbles are out...

Take photos and send to accuchek.. I got told bubbles due to me being out in cold... But I wasn't out in the cold that day.

They told me very proudly at my training... "No more bubbles"...
They shouldn't make the claim unless they are true.

Bubbles are less than previous combo pump though.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418766821.009029.jpg

For @ElyDave.... As you do a lot of physical activities like me then thought I would share a photo of the insight pump with the clip on my arm and how its held in place.

I've always worn my pump on my arm but the little clip on the pump cover and the way the tubing comes out sideways makes it even better than the combo. The tube comes back up my arm and under clothes to my bum. Which is why I need the 100cm tubing.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418766781.643113.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418766781.643113.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 262

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did the first cannula change today - so much easier than CellNovo, cannula only, stop pump, reconnect, restart. 5 minutes.

Then it came to priming the cannula.

Could not find a menu choice on the handset, so had to completely unbutton my shirt, fish the pump out of the arm holder and do it that way.

Is there a way to prime the cannula and fill the tube (for next time) from the handset?

chrisp1234

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
From the pump only, I guess they make the assumption that only you will ever touch your pump so it stops somebody doing it accidentally from the handset.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
any idea how to get the blooming data downloaded from this thing?

chrisp1234

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Using the 360 software supplied with the pump I presume your referring to? I had issues with the first PC I tried to install the software on, kept giving me Microsoft server SQL errors, I then tried it on my laptop at work and it installed no problems and have since installed it on another laptop at home and again installed fine. One of the other parents in the group also had the same problem with installing with the same errors, but also managed to install the software on another computer. Didn't speak to roche about it because the support line for the software is only open in the week. The actually downloading the data was very easy to do and we just export it and e-mail the reports to our DSN to look at and suggest anything we might have missed.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got the software, but the only options I could see were to make changes to the pump settings, basal, carb ratios, limits etc Couldn't see nay data download options.

Can you post a few instructions?

chrisp1234

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There are 2 pieces of software supplied with the pump. One is configuration software for altering settings, I have installed this one but not used it and the other is the 360 Diabetes management software with all the reports from the data that you download from your pump.