Roche Insight Pump

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Well it is all totally tickety boo and fantastic!

Literally the best! So, so pleased with it... Yaaaayy!!

sedge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
ROFL - I don't have two adjacent hours with the same rate hardly!

My Combo will be 4 in May, and I've been looking forward to getting the Insight - didn't realise until I had to fill the reservoirs for the Combo how much I've always hated drawing up, getting rid of air bubbles, or how much flicking THAT hard, hurts. Admittedly it got slightly easier after we were allowed to have disposable syringes whereas the glass ones hurt more - but I'd spent years boiling up my syringe and my pee by then. As I've used Novorapid since God knows when - I've been really looking forward to not having to do That Thing and just ramming a new cartridge in.

Now tell me - the handset - it has to be charged every day??? Can you do it on 12v or does it have to be mains??? If not I shan't be able to have one as we go away in our motorhome for months at a time (abroad usually) and are hardly ever on sites or Aires with EHU. We normally rely on the solar panels to recharge the leisure batteries.

sedge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
PS It may say I'm a New Member but actually - I joined in 2007 ROFL.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418421035.229867.jpg

It shows battery life for handset at the very top in the middle, and battery life for the pump at the bottom. This is after 24 hours...

The charger has a usb port thing that goes in to the plug, so I am assuming this can go into a car usb charger. I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure the rep told me that it could.

I have only done 10 tests today, plus 30 minutes faffing around with the basal settings.

You can do basal settings on the pump etc, but that then wears down the little AAA battery even more.

I know the chap at accuchek that I speak to does changes on his pump rather than the handset, but I would rather recharge the handset than have to change the battery.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The annoying thing with the screen above is that it shows no insulin as active. Thats because it is actually showing you that the pump is not on a delayed, lagged or multiwave bolus...

To find out if you have active insulin you have to go into a different screen.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
As you can see as well I have a basal set up for when my hubby works late shifts... And I have typed that in.

When he goes to early shifts my basals change dramatically as I get up 4 hours earlier and get my DP at a different time.

So I will set up an early shift basal and be able to label it for the first time!

Just little things like this means a lot.

It means children can label a weekend rate and holiday rate and school rate, as otherwise it has to be remembered what rate 1 is, what rate 2 is and what rate 3 is etc.

I was always forgetting for early and late shifts, so its great to be anle to actually be able to label the profiles with a name.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ROFL - I don't have two adjacent hours with the same rate hardly!

My Combo will be 4 in May, and I've been looking forward to getting the Insight - didn't realise until I had to fill the reservoirs for the Combo how much I've always hated drawing up, getting rid of air bubbles, or how much flicking THAT hard, hurts. Admittedly it got slightly easier after we were allowed to have disposable syringes whereas the glass ones hurt more - but I'd spent years boiling up my syringe and my pee by then. As I've used Novorapid since God knows when - I've been really looking forward to not having to do That Thing and just ramming a new cartridge in.

Now tell me - the handset - it has to be charged every day??? Can you do it on 12v or does it have to be mains??? If not I shan't be able to have one as we go away in our motorhome for months at a time (abroad usually) and are hardly ever on sites or Aires with EHU. We normally rely on the solar panels to recharge the leisure batteries.
USB is USB, makes no difference. You can charge it from a car socket, from a laptop etc as long as the doofer has a step down transformer to the USB 5V output. That's all the thing you plug into a socket does. It might just take a bit longer is all, I frequently charge things from my laptop when I travel

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for that. I always keep an emergency bag for hospitals or going away so have made sure the batterycover and batteries are also in it etc..

Will keep battery monitoring for pump, since new battery going in and registering between 80 and 90% it stabilised at 100% after about 6 hours...

@ElyDave.. When you get set up initially on a basal rate... Just a tip... If you have multiple hours set at the same rate... Still ask for every hour for 24 hours to be set up individually for each hour.... I had one block at 2-4am that was the same and it was set up as 2-4am. I needed to change it to 2-3am forone rate and 3-4am for another rate... To do this I have had to change every single hour from2am to midnight... Much easier if you get 24 hourly rates set up initially rather than long blocks of static rates...

Ie if you have the same rate from midnight to 7am. Set up the basalprofiles at the hospital for each individual hour... Not one from 00.00 to 07.00... Cos if you need to add in a separate rate for 1.00 to 2.00 its a lot of faffing around!!
Thanks for that.

I reactivated the cellnovo handset today so I could write all the settings into my notebook ready for Monday. Will take that on board about the basal segments. That was one area the cellnovo was good at, you could select one hour an dcopy it across as far as you wanted. My basal rate was actually fairly simple, flat for most of the day and slightly lower from about midnight to 5am. I used the TBR quite a bit though for adaptability as my work and exercise based activity is not predictable, i'm guessing yours is.

sedge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I didn't know it was USB !!

A lot of days we don't move so I wouldn't use the engine battery - but as we have a 12v charger for the lappy I can attach the lappy to charge - then plug the thing into the lappy.

Does the 360 degree software still work or have they got new ?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
i got given a new 360 software. Didn't use the last one and won't with this one either.

Accuchek pump handsets I think that are the only ones that show you either in table form or graph form all the data either in hours or days up to 90 days.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It might be that you can copy, but if you want to change a 2 hour slot to a one hour slot you end up having to change any other hours that follow...

It also puts you straight to the end hour when you make adjustments, and not to the actual basal rate so you have to remember each time to tab to the basal rate if wanting to change that, and not the hour!! This gets taking used to when you've had the combo meter.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Info readily available on Insight
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418493430.585217.jpg

This pump also has an icon for fasting.

Easy to work out when next cartridge change going to be due as well.

Been absolutely superb today...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
No charge of handset battery for 48hours now and still good life left.

Remote back cover to the battery is loose on handset after 1 week, but at least I know what the inside of the handset looks like...-lol!! A bit worrrying as only had it a week and it is not used a 100th of my iphone... So the fact the back slid off really loosely today is a mild concern...

iHs

No charge of handset battery for 48hours now and still good life left.

Remote back cover to the battery is loose on handset after 1 week, but at least I know what the inside of the handset looks like...-lol!! A bit worrrying as only had it a week and it is not used a 100th of my iphone... So the fact the back slid off really loosely today is a mild concern...

It might be possible to get a mobile phone skin for the remote?????

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Will look to get one when go to MK next week. Just a little disappointed that the back suddenly slid iff in my hand unexpectedly!! It doesn't even get used that much!!

Definitely could use something to grip it all together. Mind you, a decent case wld have been helpful.

Got to grips fully after bath with putting pump in tubigrip this afternon on arm. As it has no skin it wasn't brilliant yesterday. But again today have got it perfect.. So pleased with myself.

The flexlink sets for this pump appear to be much better than I ever had from the combo flexlink sets...levels stay good for 3 days, wheras on old other sets in my stomach I had huge problems with.

All singing and all dancing!!! Yaaaaay!!

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Info readily available on Insight
View attachment 9433

This pump also has an icon for fasting.

Easy to work out when next cartridge change going to be due as well.

Been absolutely superb today...

I'm so glad your diddling ok with this that picture looks amazing I can make it out with my goggles on, I know that's a close up but when I had the combo I hadn't been prescribed my goggles so I'm impressed. :)

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Insight cases available from Roche 0800 731 2291 advertised on info sight , couldn't find any pictures though 0800 731 2291 hope this helps

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @donnellysdogs for all the updates - you are making my decision easier! I have been asked to make a decision on my next pump by the end of last week (d'oh!) and really wanted some information to compare the Insight with the new one from Medtronic.

Unfortunately for Medtronic, the sales rep who called me didn't manage to sell the benefits of their new pump (their main advances seem to be in the 'artificial pancreas' area which take in their expensive CGM) so I'm looking at switching to the Insight - more aimed at user experience and convenience.

As I said ... thank you for all the updates / information. Much more useful than reading publicity blurb.

Sam.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooh my!:wideyed:

I've only had it an afternoon and I'm already impressed. Initial set up very easy, cartridge, cannula and tube prime etc all good, TBR easy to set for the ride home, 24 x 1 hour basal rates easy to set.

Let the fun begin.