Roy Taylor losing fat

Ro9998

I watch him on video and he says you lose fat especially around liver. This can help or reverse type2. Thoughts? You can over eat sugar but be incredibly skinny or correct weight and be diabetic. If it's simple as lose weight I'm well on way to reversing it if I get diagnosed which I fear I will. However that to me is dream and can't be right? Any view. If I'm Diabetic I want to fight to try reverse but unlikely in my health.

Does one low cal sugar in cafe weatherspoons bars equal as much carbs as sugar. Low cal sweetener cam still have 94 carbs per 100g.

I walk according to my phone 1.5 miles to bar have 4 latte's one low cal sweetener per cup then 1.5 miles back.

I don't know if the carbs out weigh exercise so In effect I might as well have not gone out at all from burning reducing carbs in blood.

saky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
44mmol/mol is 6.2% HBA1C. Low cal sweetener is OK I guess but 4 lattes in one go are a lot.
Even I drink a lot of coffee but I don't add sweetener and add almond milk to coffee which doesn't spike my sugar.
I also have watched Roy Taylor's videos. Since am skinny fat, I believe in personal fat threshold.
Reversing diabetes by losing weight is possible for a some who are morbidly obese and their obesity is causing insulin resistance.
For normal weighted prediabetics cutting carbs and exercising can help to achieve remission.
You could also use CGM to track your glucose response to drinking coffee and eating carbs.

Reactions: Ro9998

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can’t comment on the main subject of your post but I latched onto the 4 lattes! Low cal sweeteners are apparently high in Carbs, however they weigh very light. 94g carbs per 100g equals very little in the weight of a sweetener tablet. Instead I would be looking at the carb content of the milk in the lattes, see the screen shot of a Starbucks:

IMG_8816.jpg

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I watch him on video and he says you lose fat especially around liver. This can help or reverse type2. Thoughts? You can over eat sugar but be incredibly skinny or correct weight and be diabetic. If it's simple as lose weight I'm well on way to reversing it if I get diagnosed which I fear I will. However that to me is dream and can't be right? Any view. If I'm Diabetic I want to fight to try reverse but unlikely in my health.

Does one low cal sugar in cafe weatherspoons bars equal as much carbs as sugar. Low cal sweetener cam still have 94 carbs per 100g.

I walk according to my phone 1.5 miles to bar have 4 latte's one low cal sweetener per cup then 1.5 miles back.

I don't know if the carbs out weigh exercise so In effect I might as well have not gone out at all from burning reducing carbs in blood.
Hi - I (and I know others) had the opposite experience. I reduced my BG very quickly on 20g/day - took less than four months. Weight loss followed, rather than preceded, BG normalisation. In the four years since, it comes to about 70lbs. I use stevia sweeteners and they have zero impact on my BG.

You also need to watch all sources of carb - as well as sugar. Milk has a fair bit of lactose (a carbohydrate) and four lattes adds up. As the athletes say, "you can't outrun a bad diet". While a three mile walk has a lot of benefits in terms of getting out and about and taking a bit of exercise, it won't of itself change our inability to handle carbs.

I looked up on Google what they estimate a three mile walk takes in terms of calories (I don't use calories as dietary measures myself). It's claimed that it's anywhere from 90 to 300 calories, which seems a bit of a wide range to me.

Let's be generous and use the 300 figure. At 5kcal per gram of carb, that's what you might expect from 60g of carb used efficiently. Problem is that energy won't all come from eaten carbs (for example, in your lattes) - some will come from dietary fats and proteins and some from body stores. So I'd be wary of making assumptions that the walk somehow "cancels" the carbs. I developed diabetic symptoms at a point where I was playing football twice a week, and a day's cricket at the weekend. Didn't make any difference.

Ro9998

I can’t comment on the main subject of your post but I latched onto the 4 lattes! Low cal sweeteners are apparently high in Carbs, however they weigh very light. 94g carbs per 100g equals very little in the weight of a sweetener tablet. Instead I would be looking at the carb content of the milk in the lattes, see the screen shot of a Starbucks:

View attachment 64851
Thank you even milk has carbs

• Friendly
Reactions: Rachox

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Reversing diabetes by losing weight is possible for a some who are morbidly obese and their obesity is causing insulin resistance.
I think you will find that insulin resistance causes weight gain and thus becoming morbidly obese, not the other way round.

• Agree
Reactions: Outlier and saky

saky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you will find that insulin resistance causes weight gain and thus becoming morbidly obese, not the other way round.
YES. Insulin resistance causes weight gain. Overeating can also cause weight gain.