Royal wedding v Diabetic bread line?????

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Simple couple of questions. 1 have you felt dumped of the nhs?
2. Have you paid or still paying your ni and paye tax ???
3. would you rather have a better standard of health care than a day of watching the royal performing in full we don't care about you and your poverty stile .
Please answerer what ever you think .Either way .Happy Day to you all :wink:
Ps no swearing coz i'm not allowed to :lol: :lol:

louiseb

I completely agree the british economy is near breaking point, yet millions will be spent on this wedding, quite frankly im sick of hearing about this wedding full stop i dont want see or hear anything else about it.
it doesnt matter how many operations this money would have paid for as long as these royal toffs get their day then they dont gives a bleep.

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
hi louiseb
thanks for your view as your the only one whos shared it :D
JF.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Chr*st - I've got views to share on this!!!

The royal wedding, although clearly demonstrating ANOTHER waste of OUR money, is a drop in the ocean compared th cr*p that the rest of our hard earned get spent on once we hand it over to OUR government.

Seriously - I don't know where to start here...

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
I live in Canada, and I know that our Conservative government is spending a lot more money on military equipment, super planes, etc. than in health care, in an attempt to join the US and end? the wars that are still going on. I don't know what the military budget of the United States and European allies is, but I am sure it's massive in comparison to the glamour budget of the Royals. However, the British monarchy may produce tourism and justify the money that way. It is a kind of show after all. As for the military spending, I think it is probably a surplus budget and could be cut or diverted medically to the casualties.

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Patch it's an open subject 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dont hold back just because you've ordered the cup and saucer set !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's very very important to share your thoughts on the subject :wink:
JF. :D

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't resent the royal wedding. Most of the money is being spent within our country providing work for local people and businesses and boosting tourism. I begrudge giving our money away to other countries (when clearly we can't afford to) and wasting it on war which in my opinion helps no one and achieves nothing.

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I agree with Sophia,

and i am so looking forward to the wedding, something nice happening for a change :D

Sue

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Well i am a Royalist :D
Both the queen and the other side are chipping in £

Think it does the UK and all of us some good

My wife is working the morrow , 8)
My carers are coming in tomorrow with cake and flags So rock on :?
we have a small party going on the green out side my house tomorrow
So thats cake and Vit D for me

Bigger Question !
Why are we giving Aid to Russia ,India ,China all are nuclear powers ,all with there own space program? forking out for this daft AV vote do-dar what wast of dosh

Gaddafi going to love it ,,kill a few more civilians , as SKY News will not bother with any other news feeds

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Do I begrudge the happy couple and heir to the throne their big day?........not at all and it's traditional that fuss and ceremony go hand in hand when a royal wedding takes place and the world expects it.

Did it need to be classed as a Bank Holiday?..........definitely No!!! Each bank holiday is said to cost Britain 10 billion in lost production, this in a time when the economy is growing by only 0.5% according to this Wednesdays figures- so the governments decision to class today as a bank holiday has been rather costly in a time when we can least afford it.

Anyway, hope the wedding lives up to expectations and they go on to have a happy and long life together, lets just hope it does not end in tears like so many other royal weddings in recent times. :(

Nigel

C

catherinecherub

I am not that interested but would not deny them their big day. It would not have caused so much controversy if they had decided to have it on the Saturday, like most people do and thereby not having to have a Bank Holiday.
The money spent and the money gained from these sorts of royal events mean that it will be economically sound IMHO.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I feel pretty much as Catherine does, I am not particularly exited by the wedding but at the end of the day I do think that we are in fact lucky to have a royal family as it brings in to the country billions in revenue which in turn helps to pay for the excellent health care I have received over the last 4 years, without which I would be dead and not able to enjoy living on the benefits that you help to pay for Just Focus, cheers fella
thumbsup.gif
:wink:

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
After watching the wedding on tv, I can understand why it has been classed as a Bank Holiday. Just imagine trying to get to and from work with the crowds! I don't begrudge the money spent - mainly on security by the tax payer as a lot more money will be raked in over the few days that there are extra tourists, media caravans etc. All the hotels in London have been filled - and just think how many flags have been sold.

I also think that the cuts to the NHS are being made because we have the Tories, who disapprove of the NHS and would prefer the American model. We can afford the wars that we're in. They are costing £ billions, which, in my opinion, could be better spent. The 2 aircraft carriers that we don't want have each gone up by £1 billion - how many testing strips would that pay for?

Cheers
Ailz

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
You can take out the cost of the service personnel because they'd be paid anyway - unless they get a bit extra for special duties.

Extra police costs - yes - but again, they get paid anyway for working.

Extra security costs - well, if we didn't have extremists/fanatics etc posing a threat, we wouldn't have to have extra security. My biggest fear today was one or more suicide bombers, and our security forces obviously got it pretty right this time - they do more often than not.

Lots of extra income from all the tourists, both national and international, so a plus there - at least for London.

I haven't seen it yet (waiting for the highlights) but I've had a little weep twice already. I never cry at weddings - old age is catching up with me!

And the music was fantastic - can't wait to see the dress.

I too am a royalist - and I wouldn't wish their lives on anyone. Yes, there are advantages and perks - but no-one ever tried to kidnap me by dragging me out of a car, like they once did with Princess Anne. I'm not a terrorist target, and I don't have to be guarded everywhere I go.

Then again, if I had a cook and didn't have to go shopping, maybe I'd be thin with BG levels to die for!

Viv 8)

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Don't cry viv :wink:

trand

I think it was a wonderful way of pulling the English people back together street parties, unity, the royals are all we have left of this once great country, and as many have said they do pull in a few quid, others do envy us for having royals, and want to come here to see them, and were they live, and all said and done quite honestly, if we never had them , would petrol prices drop?, would loaf of bread be cheaper, gas/electric prices drop, would we get more strips, I do not think so, It was nice to see, something so grand yet so simple, instead of , who are we bombing next, or who's getting the next mega bonus, I'm looking forward to the christening :D

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Oh blimey,
I'm looking forward to the christening
that scares me! I wish them no harm, after all I don't know them, but it's precisely because I don't know them that I'm not interested in their wedding. If they wanted me to see their wedding I'd of been sent an invite! All the hype from the media just generates false interest, people are so easily influenced by media-you may say you aren't but how many other strangers weddings do you make sure you see? So by all means if you enjoyed it fair enough, each to their own, but it aint my cup of tea so please allow me some haven somewhere I'm not bombarded with the coverage. So to summarise they don't interest me and media is annoying!

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
They are hardly strangers, If youve been brought up in a family that respects the royal family and have an interest in what they do, you are bound to want to share their joy :D

Sue

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I'll agree with Gappy that the media hype has been ridiculous - I've avoided it as far as possible, and I only watched the highlights, not the live coverage. Too afraid that something awful would happen!

As for strangers' weddings - there is no church in this village, but elsewhere anyone (female) who can, whether or not they know the couple, will turn out to have a look at the dresses and wish the couple well.

I think it must be a girl thing! :wink:

Viv 8)

trand

I did'nt watch it, but see glimpses on the news,and yes I would rather see pictures of the royals, in the media, than, pictures of maimed soldiers, or bombed sites, also as I have said, it makes no difference to my life whatsoever, my life has'nt, or will not change, regardless, of what the royals are doing, also is this '' have ago at the royals'' a new thing, I hear all the time, ''poncing royals'' cost us this or that, maybe its a generation thing, or is it just jealousy, because what ever they cost us, it would never reach my pocket, if we never had them