Sauerkraut!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Korean supermarket I sometimes visit has kimchi in bag sizes from the size of an individual bag of salted nits to a larger carrier bag.

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@DCUKMod Your pretty lucky - I haven't found a decent jar of the stuff yet hence why it's best to make your own, it's also easier as you can adjust your chilli content to suit, I like mine pretty spicy :)

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
GREAT thread: sauerkraut and kimchi are underused options for diabetics- the more of us acquire the taste, the better!

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mod,are we allowed to link to our own blogs? I have a very detailed post with lots of pictures on making sauerkraut.
Or can I make a new post and post a lot of pictures?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mod,are we allowed to link to our own blogs? I have a very detailed post with lots of pictures on making sauerkraut.
Or can I make a new post and post a lot of pictures?

Hi Spuds,

The forum rules prohibit advertising, so it rather depends on the nature of your blog. :)

If you have a personal blog then you are welcome to have links to it in your sig, and on your profile.
But if you have a for-profit blog that gives you an income, and you promote it on the forum, that would count as advertising.

As I am sure you will appreciate, if your posts were to always just lead back to promoting your blog (even if it isn’t for-profit), then members might end up losing patience.

Hope that makes sense! Any further questions, feel free to Private Message me, or email [email protected] with them.

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just found this sauerkraut/kimchi thread, love them both but wifey is not a fan. Sauerkraut for me is best served stir fried together with carmelized onions...

Reactions: 1spuds

Hotpepper20000

Just found this sauerkraut/kimchi thread, love them both but wifey is not a fan. Sauerkraut for me is best served stir fried together with carmelized onions...
I do not enjoy store bought sauerkraut either.
I have made a few small batches myself. I find the homemade one has a completely different flavour.
I let it ferment for 10-14 days depending on the temperature and then store it in the fridge.

Reactions: 1spuds