Savoury Breakfast, low carbs?

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We bought one - Mum's microwave downstairs broke - it stopped working entirely. Ian did a lot of research and we hunted everywhere until we found exactly the same make of microwave, it had a slightly different design of buttons, but in the same places. She hated it, she hated it so much she won't let us throw the old one away, she keeps saying she's going to get it fixed, despite the fact that doing so would cost a lot more than the new microwave did - if it's even possible - we don't think it is.
But!!! she's recently started heating her drinks in there (which is pretty much all she used to use it for) so I'm thrilled to bits that it's (finally) working for her. Can't take that away from her, can't afford another one - not right now anyway.
Er... this is downstairs in the kitchen.
And.... I have tried making scrambled eggs in that microwave - it was even worse than doing it in the Air Fryer up here, mind the Airfryer only resulted in scrambled eggs of any sort once, the other times it turned into an omlette on top with soggy uncooked egg on the bottom.
I've been looking into a Raclette, looks like that MIGHT be able to do scrambled egg, but I could only find one YouTube video with scrambled eggs mentioned, and they showed the eggs whisked and poured into the little dishy thing, and then showed it again looking like cooked scrambled egg - I think they must have cheated and done it on the hob. ROFL!

I was wondering if I could maybe buy a little dishy thing by itself and thus try it on my Waring grill... but I dunno.

You'll definitely have to give it another shot.
I use a plastic jug, crack the eggs in, mix with a fork, add a splash of milk, stir again, and microwave. Stir every minute, when starting to look like something is happening, add salt and pepper.
When they just go firm, remove from the microwave, and let rest for a minute.
Scrape out, and wash the jug later.

When you have perfected it, add stuff, to give even better scrambled eggs.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What about a single hotplate £16.99 from Argos
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3922240.htm

It would mean you could cook a few more pan based dishes without going downstairs.

Other ideas for breakfast would be a meat and cheese selection, savoury pancakes made with nut flour (might work on the griddle) kedgeree (using cauliflower rice).
I have full fat no added sugar yogurt with ground flaxseeds or mixed seeds, its not sweet tasting but it is very filling.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think eggs are the favourite breakfast standby for most of us. I always do my scrambled eggs in a ceramic frying pan I melt a very small knob of coconut oil you could use butter if you wish pour in the beaten eggs and just keep stirring it around until it just sets it only takes seconds if you don't stir it it goes like an omelette .. I don't know if you like avocados but I often have those for breakfast mashed up as a filling for an omelette or today I had half a mashed avocado mixed with a chopped hard boiled egg and mayo..Actually one of my favourites are two soft poached eggs on a slice of toasted Burgen Linseed and Soya bread spread with Bovril or Marmite