Share Your Progress!

Trixie321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I am really sorry I did not realize I have to wait 3 months to be in remission i guess I got over excited! I will let you know in January after my blood test if I am still doing well and it is official.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Oh I am really sorry I did not realize I have to wait 3 months to be in remission i guess I got over excited! I will let you know in January after my blood test if I am still doing well and it is official.

Well done on your results Trixie321
I don't think there is any official recognition of remission, at least no one has given me that title after more than a decade of results below 40 with no meds.
as far as we're concerned you are perfectly entitled to claim remission, why wait 3 months.

Reactions: TriciaWs

Trixie321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on your results Trixie321
I don't think there is any official recognition of remission, at least no one has given me that title after more than a decade of results below 40 with no meds.
as far as we're concerned you are perfectly entitled to claim remission, why wait 3 months.
Thank you

Reactions: catinahat

derekhansen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed Type 2 with a HbA1c of 49 on the 9th September. I have been following a Low Carb. (65G average per day) regime without medication for the last 12 weeks. I had my 3 month review on Monday, following blood tests the previous week.
My HbA1c is now 37 and I have lost 16kg. My liver and kidney function is fine although my cholesterol level is up slightly. As you can imagine I am very pleased mainly because I dont have to take any medication. I am also encouraged because the Low Carb diet hasn't been too much of a struggle. Of course there have been temptations and frustrations but I have been able to eat plenty of food I enjoy and I havnt really felt hungry. At the moment I really feel I can stick with this diet this for the rest of my life (I am 61)

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's impressive progress and will encourage so many others! Well done for your efforts - may you go from strength to strength.

• Friendly
Reactions: MissMuffett

Damien Dufty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started a LCHF diet eight weeks ago. I have lost 2 stone and my blood glucose readings for the last three weeks have registered between 9 and 3.5, average of 6 over the three weeks. I stopped Lantus and Novorapid as my glucose readings were on the low side. I have today stopped Metformin to gauge the effect on my readings. They have been 6.1, 6.0, 6.1 and 5.8 so very stable. My last A1C was 47 five weeks ago so I imagine it will have fallen in the “normal range”.

Why aren’t all type 1 diabetics told that a LCHF diet can halt diabetes?

I have been trying to diet while taking insulin and Metformin. I’m 69 years old with MS and was diagnosed diabetic twelve years ago. I wish I’d been told earlier. In fact when I went over to insulin I was told I must ensure that I have carbs every meal to prevent hypos.
Congratulations @Aremjay. Well Done.

Rushkami

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HbA1c in October was 109, January it was 68, this week its 45!

I'm so happy right now! But feeling guilty for having a bad food weekend...back on it tomorrow to keep it going down. I feel so much better with limited carbs and sugar aswell which is the main thing for me. Yay me! Or Metformin...not sure which has had the bigger impact. But still Yay!

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
OK, I’m signing in here to share my progress towards better control…. hopefully remission, but the odds seem stacked against that.

I’ve had T2D for 26 years. Secondary to having binge eating disorder/obesity for most of my life - not an easy combination. In 2012/13 I lost over 7 stone and normalised my HbA1C without medication - having previously been on 2. I should say I was still technically obese at the lowest point. Sadly - familiar story - I lost control and regained weight.

Anyhow - a new start January just gone. I’ve eased my way into LCHF and now added intermittent fasting. Down 18lb and counting. BG coming down nicely. Over the past few days I have read a fair bit of the Roy Taylor twin cycle stuff, and it just makes so much sense.

So, I know the odds are stacked against me in terms of full remission. But an end to progression would be good.

Currently on metformin and Trulicity. HbA1C in January was 71 - although I think that was in part due to the statin they started me on last year, because there had been no other significant changes which would explain the increase from the previous year (56).

Recent (past week) average BG is 7.4, and estimated A1C based on that alone is 45. Based on the past 2.5 months I’ve been using Libre sensors, estimated A1C is 54. That included a month when I couldn’t get Trulicity thanks to national shortages.

Due another A1C in a month or so (because they prescribed me another med, and I declined it). I’ll update when that happens. Happy to answer questions.