Sharing inspirational photos after LCHF anyone?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow @Goonergal fab-you-loss! (See what I did there ;) )

I wonder if we added up all the forums weight loss how much lighter the world would be? - probably a small village lol

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow everyone! Unbelievable before and afters. I am amazed.

I am struggling to find some of me. I own the camera and it stays round my neck. :)

Reactions: Debandez

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a bunch of losers! Well done to everyone brave enough to post pics so far!

My maximum weight that I recorded was 21.5 stone many many years ago (and long before diagnosis).
I've spent most of my life since then at 19.5 stone, which is about where I was at when diagnosed. before I started taking diabetes seriously and trying to do something about weight.

Here's a side silhouette of me at 18 stone 8 lb. I had to Photoshop it because it was a documentary shot for my own scientific curiosity and I was only wearing my underpants - very unpleasant viewing at any weight :)

Here's a pic I just took this weekend. I hate pictures of myself but I'd just finished a very big hiking / backpacking route that I've been wanting to do for a while and was very pleased with myself. This was a shot to send to a friend who I've had some great adventures with. I feel any shot of an English Gentleman in the mountains should have him smoking a pipe, with one foot perched on a rock. Neither were available at the time so I'm smoking an air-pipe with my foot on an air-rock :)

Current weight about 15.5 stone, I've just slipped out of the 'obese' category but I've done that before a few months ago and entered it again! There's a long long way to go and I need to be vigilant. I'm possibly an imposter in this thread as I've never fully embraced the 'high fat' bit of LCHF, not for very long anyhow, but it's been thanks to this forum that I've become far more carb conscious and have found some interesting low carb foods that I now eat instead of McDonalds and doughnuts.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

My maximum weight that I recorded was 21.5 stone many many years ago (and long before diagnosis).
I've spent most of my life since then at 19.5 stone, which is about where I was at when diagnosed. before I started taking diabetes seriously and trying to do something about weight.

Here's a side silhouette of me at 18 stone 8 lb. I had to Photoshop it because it was a documentary shot for my own scientific curiosity and I was only wearing my underpants - very unpleasant viewing at any weight :)

Here's a pic I just took this weekend. I hate pictures of myself but I'd just finished a very big hiking / backpacking route that I've been wanting to do for a while and was very pleased with myself. This was a shot to send to a friend who I've had some great adventures with. I feel any shot of an English Gentleman in the mountains should have him smoking a pipe, with one foot perched on a rock. Neither were available at the time so I'm smoking an air-pipe with my foot on an air-rock :)

Current weight about 15.5 stone, I've just slipped out of the 'obese' category but I've done that before a few months ago and entered it again! There's a long long way to go and I need to be vigilant. I'm possibly an imposter in this thread as I've never fully embraced the 'high fat' bit of LCHF, not for very long anyhow, but it's been thanks to this forum that I've become far more carb conscious and have found some interesting low carb foods that I now eat instead of McDonalds and doughnuts.
Hi Adam amazing - you look great well done you. I think you’re fine here on this thread - all of us have tweaked the fat bit especially when lots of fat available on the body to make up the deficit in the diet! I eat more fat now to maintain rather than when losing but you need to work out what works for you and also change things around at times too. There is no one size fits all.

Reactions: AdamJames

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

My maximum weight that d was 21.5 stone many many years ago (and long before diagnosis).

You are a study in 'How to Regain Health and Become an English Gent.....Sort of'. Well done on getting away from the decidedly Hitchcockian look in your silouette.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Adam amazing - you look great well done you. I think you’re fine here on this thread - all of us have tweaked the fat bit especially when lots of fat available on the body to make up the deficit in the diet! I eat more fat now to maintain rather than when losing but you need to work out what works for you and also change things around at times too. There is no one size fits all.

I'm actually feeling pretty fit these days in spite of being technically obese, but these hiking trips I've started doing at the weekends are not helping my blood sugars at all! It's still a work in progress to 'eat right' during and after them - my appetite goes through the roof. I really thought I'd cracked it this weekend, but then right at the end, after doing a bit of cycling in a lovely quiet Welsh valley, it was so hot that I popped into a pub for a cold non-alcoholic drink, and a lovely woman visiting from Dallas, Texas(!) for the day joined me at my table - that kind of thing "never happens to me" as they say, so I gave in to my hormones and we spent the evening drinking alcohol and chatting. It was lovely, and got even better when we realised there had been a wedding in the village and we found ourselves sitting in amongst musicians who were entertaining the locals - they were brilliant, too. So it was a night of drunken revelry - I've avoided alcohol for months because it makes my appetite go crazy, and sure enough today, the "morning after" is proving challenging.

But I am determined to crack this! It's just surprising how much worse things have got bg wise since being more active at weekends.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are a study in 'How to Regain Health and Become an English Gent.....Sort of'. Well done on getting away from the decidedly Hitchcockian look in your silouette.

Haha! I thought that image looked familiar! What an upsetting thought. That will definitely inspire me to keep heading in the right direction.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great transformation @AdamJames!

@bulkbiker - what a great weight loss and what a great kitchen!

Loving this thread, well done to everyone - posts like these were and still are instrumental in helping me keep going.

Reactions: AdamJames

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
It has a "matching" purple velvet brother across from it...

I hope you realise that the orange one now belongs to DCUK and needs to be delivered to the MD's office by Wednesday, it's all in the small print.
By the way, well done everyone.
Sally

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New me.. 15 Stone 34 inch waist shorts.
View attachment 26446

Looking good, BB, but that kitchen is looking waaaaaaaay too tidy! Are all your countertop gubbins around the corner, behind you?

I'm glad the dog situation was clarfied. I though the one in the first had grown abut and had a perm in the time between pic!

I'm easily fooled.

Reactions: Brunneria

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done everyone on those pics. Startling transformations.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy bank holiday to all
Inspired this morning by @Goonergal s before and after photos thought it may be a good idea to share mine. I really hate the before photo but in the interests of encouragement here we go!
If anyone would like to read my journey it’s here
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...-lchf-way-of-eating-and-forum-support.136415/
Since then I’ve maintained for the last couple of months and lost a few more pounds something that has never happened before on low fat high carb diets.
Anyone else up for bank holiday embarrassment for you but hopefully inspiration to others?

Edited to add if interested in what low carbers eat you can see this on the following thread
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/page-708#post-1774095

Shelley, wouild you mind if I copied the gist of @urbanracer 's post to your OP? As we all know, not everyone reads every post on a thread - especially if they get to be a bit longer.