Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Just made a huge breakthrough!
Was playing around with some numbers this afternoon and realised if I cut back on the cream in coffee I could in fact have

6 rashers of bacon and
3 eggs

and still remain within the 800 cals for today... yippee!
So it could become the bacon and eggs Newcastle Diet protocol..who could resist..?

Sounds good to me :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Seriously though, @bulkbiker , this is a really fascinating journey and I'm following it with interest! I love that bacon has earned its place.

Keep up the good work!

:)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
More than 10g of walnuts, pecans or almonds also make me cough but I can eat a mixed bowl of 10g of each at one sitting without coughing. I love nuts but they don't love me back - I still eat them though. I am very allergic to chestnuts.
I've had issues with walnuts, pecans, panuts. Not with Macs or roasted pumpkin seeds.

I used to soak and dehydrate them to release the nutrients and though they tasted like candy they always started a fat gorge. I can moderate Macs and pumpkin seeds without that happening. Raw nuts create cravings too. Good thing I prefer roasted and salted!

I don't care for Brazil nuts but eat a few a week for the selenium. No problem not over eating those!!!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't care for Brazil nuts but eat a few a week for the selenium. No problem not over eating those!!!
I had the most horrendous experience will Brazil nuts, once. Was going through a difficult compulsive eating phase (a brief relapse, all fine now!) and I ate a whole bag full.

250g. Quarter of a kilo. Over half a pound.

For the record, they are very, very abrasive............. My poor digestive tract eventually forgave me, but it took a while. Days and days.

Thankfully I don't do that sort of thing any more! And funnily enough I don't care much for Brazil nuts now either...

:sorry::rolleyes::hungover:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I'm alright with Brazil nuts, I don't cough with them but I daren't buy any because Mr Chook would eat the lot.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Snapsy

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday's intake was as follows

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 07.58.33.png

There was probably more hot water than mentioned here but as it doesn't really count.. anyway no nasties and feeling great as well as really enjoyed the bacon!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This mornings numbers

Weight 207.4 pounds I could get to like this...
Body fat 26.7%
Visceral fat 12
BMI 28.1

I think this is the lightest I have been in my adult life..

FBG 4.2

Yesterdays bacon (apart from being yummy) seems to have had little if any effect on anything.
Maybe have the second half of the pack tonight...

May have a slight problem tomorrow as hubby's brother and family are coming to visit so we may go out to eat .. hmm this could be interesting...

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
May have a slight problem tomorrow as hubby's brother and family are coming to visit so we may go out to eat .. hmm this could be interesting...
We went out to eat tonight - we walked to the pub in the next village as it was a gorgeous evening and we needed a pint - I had ham and eggs without the chips. Followed by a bit of cheese.

Sounds quite BEND-y to me!
(Apart from the pint. And the fact that it was ham, not bacon. Near enough?)

Perhaps where you're going tomorrow could offer you something along the right lines?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We went out to eat tonight - we walked to the pub in the next village as it was a gorgeous evening and we needed a pint - I had ham and eggs without the chips. Followed by a bit of cheese.

Sounds quite BEND-y to me!
(Apart from the pint. And the fact that it was ham, not bacon. Near enough?)

Perhaps where you're going tomorrow could offer you something along the right lines?

They tend to go for fish and chips.... ok if we eat in as they do grilled fish but if they want take away then its pick off the batter time... not too bad really and pretty low cal.

Reactions: Snapsy

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a whoopsie tonight as really fancied a savoury snack so had a few peanuts.. pushed me over the 800 cal limit for the first time this week..

figures are as follows
Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 23.04.38.png

also after being n the 4's all day just got pre bed 5.0.. no more peanuts for me!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely no more peanuts,, todays readings

Weight 207.2 no real loss from yesterday
Body fat 26.4
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 28.1
FBG 4.2

Also I walked 5 miles yesterday so can't be lack of exercise... hey ho
Onwards and upwards..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed ok at the fish and chip shop.. had a grilled haddock fillet which I eyeballed at 300g (possibly it was less) with nothing else (got the usually odd look from the waitress) but in fact it was jolly nice. Boris the dog had the skin so I reckon about 250 cals. Only one coffee today so I still have room for 3 eggs and cheese for me tea..

Reactions: Chook and Salvia

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays intake

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 23.14.09.png

Higher protein than usual due to the unfatty fish and forgot to ask for butter at the restaurant.. See what effect that has had in the morning weigh in.

Before bed bloods 5.1.. might be the almonds. Maybe nuts are my bete noir...

Reactions: ziggy_w and Chook

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Todays intake

View attachment 23667

Higher protein than usual due to the unfatty fish and forgot to ask for butter at the restaurant.. See what effect that has had in the morning weigh in.

Before bed bloods 5.1.. might be the almonds. Maybe nuts are my bete noir...
Peanuts spike me disproportionately and nuts don't necessarily raise me but they DO stop me from dropping. Try avocado lol.