Type 2 Sleeping (how Many Hours Did You Sleep Last Night?)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just over 8 hours last night, but I did wake for a few minutes at about 3.40 am.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
about 7.5
That is more than usual, and boy do I feel better for it.
Thanks Magnesium Oil, I owe it ALL to you... (I have started splitting the oiling, half in the morning and half at bedtime. Seems to work even better)

Reactions: hankjam

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6hrs last night. Bed wetting happened in early hours so the school run alarm co-insided. :)

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just over 8. Best night's sleep I've had in quite a while, and no trips to the loo!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I think I was too tired to sleep well last night. I've woke in pain as I was too tired to take meds before bed. Woke at 3am in pain. Tried turning over but made scatica worse.
Tired from a treat of dark chocolate. I wasn't craving it but it was bought for me so I shared and enjoyed it. Not as pure as the ones Ive bought myself in the past though, hence tiredness as I didn't take insulin before hand knowing too close to bedtime and too tired to rectify any hypo if it reared its ugly head.
Kids enjoyed some treats and Mr ickihun a few pints. Dark chocolate as always been my favourite. Coffee too. Both strong flavoured but to my taste.
I think treat mixed with heavy tiredness from shopping has woke me sooo early.
Going to take basal a bit earlier than normal then return to bed. Toujeo300 gives me a 3hr window so I range myself around the 8am mark so 5am with processed painkillers will do the trick. I'm determined to get a lie in this morning as school runs have me up at 6am.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
about 7.5
That is more than usual, and boy do I feel better for it.
Thanks Magnesium Oil, I owe it ALL to you... (I have started splitting the oiling, half in the morning and half at bedtime. Seems to work even better)

Recent experiments confirm I am definitely allergic to it. On the hunt for a version for those with sensitive skin.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting thread.

I am asleep 7 to 8 hours most nights, broken only by a couple of trips to the loo, but I am barely awake for these loo trips and in grave danger of falling down the stairs when I emerge from the bathroom.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
8 hours Sat/Sun night, and 8 hours last night.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 hrs Sat night. No idea why.
7.4 hours last night. Bliss.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My average about 5 hours which for me is as good as it gets these days.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Approximately 6.5 hours last night, but I did have a 90 minute kip yesterday afternoon.

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Personally I sleep in fits and starts, 2 hrs or so then bathroom then another 2 or 3 hrs then bathroom and I tend to start my meanderings through the day. I have been awakening covered in sweat but not particularly hot, forgive my ignorance but are these likely to be hypo's?, because I sometimes more often than not get hot and sweaty when I'm eating a meal, reading this back I think I'm a muppet...mah mah mah mah, di abetic hypo (a very crude attempt at humour).

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
broken sleep and weird dreams last night so maybe 3 hours ..normaly 7 to 8 hours though...

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Currently I don't sleep through the night - I tend to have short spells of deep sleep generally ended by need for a toilet break. It no longer bothers me as being retired I can now sleep whenever the need takes me. I find too that low carbing has switched my brain to ON and it's difficult to change this.

I've also found that illness, pain and stress can often completely disrupt my sleep patterns and this sometimes sets my body clock round to back-to-front time, which started long before I was ever diabetic though. But I've never even thought of needing to monitor my sleep and I don't necessarily feel tired if I don't sleep when I probably should.

Robbity
ive only just found this thread .... can i add weight loss to your. comment about brain switched on because of low carbing i know a year ago i wasnt as switched on as i am now ....

Last edited:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
About 6.5 hours uninterrupted sleep, and about 1 hour of intermittent sleep last night.

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6 hours sleep, does anyone else wake up 1 minute before your alarm goes off :banghead:

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
9 hours with a trip to the loo about 5am then straight back to sleep.