Slowly starting the journey back

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
At the risk of offending people who were so negative last time (I removed the thread because of it) I am slowly starting my way back to the land of HbA1c "reasonableness".

Its been four months since my operation, Four months of suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, PTSD and more.

I haven't looked after myself. I have eaten far too much sugar. My next HbA1c, due in about 6 weeks time, will be horrendous. But I am trying. Three "good" days last weeks, three "good" days this week. As much exercise as my fibromyalgia will allow so my weights only gone up 2-3 pounds in that time. Slowly weaning myself off the bad stuff. Again.

We'll see.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Patrick, good to see you back on the forum. Three good days per week is a fantastic start, increasing the number of days when you feel able, no hurry. Coming back to the forum is a positive step too. Slowly does it, keep in touch :)

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Patrick, good to see you back on the forum. Three good days per week is a fantastic start, increasing the number of days when you feel able, no hurry. Coming back to the forum is a positive step too. Slowly does it, keep in touch :)

Not so sure on the positive aspect of being back here. Not after the negative experience of my last thread. But thank you.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not so sure on the positive aspect of being back here. Not after the negative experience of my last thread. But thank you.

I sincerely hope this thread will not reflect your past experience x

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done so far, keel up the hard work.

This forum is great I think, but in some cases I do find some people really harsh in their replies! But stick with it. Take the good, ignore the bad. Best of luck .

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At the risk of offending people who were so negative last time (I removed the thread because of it) I am slowly starting my way back to the land of HbA1c "reasonableness".

Its been four months since my operation, Four months of suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, PTSD and more.

I haven't looked after myself. I have eaten far too much sugar. My next HbA1c, due in about 6 weeks time, will be horrendous. But I am trying. Three "good" days last weeks, three "good" days this week. As much exercise as my fibromyalgia will allow so my weights only gone up 2-3 pounds in that time. Slowly weaning myself off the bad stuff. Again.

We'll see.
You're still fighting the good fight. So yay, you. You have enough to deal with, so when you have a couple of days a week where you tackle the T2 as well, and knowing what it costs you, I think that should be applauded.

I don't know what happened last time, but speaking for myself, I'm proud of you.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls

We'll see.
Hi Patrick,
I have found these forums to be very positive in helping me, even though some don't like some of my posts. It seems like I hadn't joined when you had negative comments last time - so at least that wasn't me.

I must admit that I have been overly harsh with one member - purely because he claimed something impossible and I didn't realise that he had special needs, which was surprising considering how well his posts were spelt and structured.

Anybody who really tries to deal with there diabetes deserves encouragement and support in here. Heaven knows most of our Heathcare Professionals are (unknowingly) actively working against us - so we need all the help we can get.

I wish you a better reception this time around. It is brave of you to try again!

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You're still fighting the good fight. So yay, you. You have enough to deal with, so when you have a couple of days a week where you tackle the T2 as well, and knowing what it costs you, I think that should be applauded.

I don't know what happened last time, but speaking for myself, I'm proud of you.
Thank you.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Patrick,
I have found these forums to be very positive in helping me, even though some don't like some of my posts. It seems like I hadn't joined when you had negative comments last time - so at least that wasn't me.

I must admit that I have been overly harsh with one member - purely because he claimed something impossible and I didn't realise that he had special needs, which was surprising considering how well his posts were spelt and structured.

Anybody who really tries to deal with there diabetes deserves encouragement and support in here. Heaven knows most of our Heathcare Professionals are (unknowingly) actively working against us - so we need all the help we can get.

I wish you a better reception this time around. It is brave of you to try again!
Thank you.

It was just one "picky" individual who didn't like what i was saying. They seemed to take umbrage at it when it didn't actually affect them per se.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Small steps... you are making progress. 3 good days is better then no good days in my book.

Welcome back, in regards to the past issues, you can always put someone on ignore if they are a pain in the rear end. :D

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Small steps... you are making progress. 3 good days is better then no good days in my book.

Welcome back, in regards to the past issues, you can always put someone on ignore if they are a pain in the rear end. :D
Thank you.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome back- I'm a relative newbie so don't know what your experience was last time.

It is tough so having 3 'good days' is a great start. I think when you have other things going on it is okay not to aim for perfection but to do what you can do on the day. I don't kn ow if you've heard of the spoon theory- if not google it. Basically it explains why on some days you might have the energy- physical, mental and emotional to be 'good' but other days you don't.

I'm a sugar addict- carb addict actually so I understand the difficulty in weaning yourself off- it's tough particularly in this world where it is everywhere and in e very thin g.

Welcome back and congratulations on the last two weeks!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

We'll see.

Good luck and wishing you all the best.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't kn ow if you've heard of the spoon theory- if not google it. Basically it explains why on some days you might have the energy- physical, mental and emotional to be 'good' but other days you don't.
Thank you so much for posting this! So informative and clever too.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice to see you back @Patrick66 - I often wonder how you are doing- well done on getting back to it, it takes great strength when you have the barriers you do. Doing 3 good days and increasing when you feel you can is good. Be kind to yourself :)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

We'll see.
Tell you what Patrick, I have had to ditch the sugar free liquorice as it gave me too much gas. :D

Good to see you back.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

We'll see.
There has been a change since you were last around. I do not know how it came about. I seem to be able to post a little more freely now than I could several months ago. There seems to be more tolerance of a wider spectrum of needs now.

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome back from a relative newcomer here.

Well done on your efforts so far. Each week gets better.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Patrick welcome back. I am so glad you finally got your op out of the way and you are fighting back. Baby steps. Most people on here are helpful and kind. Ignore any that aren’t.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi and welcome back- I'm a relative newbie so don't know what your experience was last time.

It is tough so having 3 'good days' is a great start. I think when you have other things going on it is okay not to aim for perfection but to do what you can do on the day. I don't kn ow if you've heard of the spoon theory- if not google it. Basically it explains why on some days you might have the energy- physical, mental and emotional to be 'good' but other days you don't.

I'm a sugar addict- carb addict actually so I understand the difficulty in weaning yourself off- it's tough particularly in this world where it is everywhere and in e very thin g.

Welcome back and congratulations on the last two weeks!
Thank you.
Yes I’m aware of spoon theory. I’m Autistic and it’s something many Autistic people use.

Reactions: Lianne71