slurp and munch......

DeafDiabetic

I've asked already in the food section but nobody's volunteered any opinions yet. Hopefully somebody well informed can help me here?

Am very, very recently diagnosed T2 on Metformin x 2 daily (will be upped to 3 x daily as from next week) and diet and excercise.

Anyhow...just wanted to know if Sprite Zero is ok to drink as I rather like it? Also digestive biscuits, are they ok or no go?

I've trillions of questions swirling round my dizzy head at the moment but glad I've found this very informative forum!

How one coped a generation ago I'll never guess...........

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Best thing with biscuits is to check the Carb value on the packet. Check total carbs and also carbs per biscuit. Obviously the lower carb per biscuit the better and only have one or two.. Remember to test as well so that you can see how they affect your blood sugar levels.

If you can do without then that would be better but take it small steps at a time.

jopar

Digestive are about 9.7g of carbs per biscuit!

Rich T's are about 5g's per biscuit..

Custard creams are about 6gs of carbs per biscuit!!!

As to whether you can or can't have any type or stick to a particular one, really depends on two factors how it effects your blood glucose levels, what type you are also will have a part to play as if T1 you can cover with insulin, not T2's have a bit harder time really, has they've got to take a look if the blood glucose hit to decide..

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
The best way to find out is to just test after a few of your favourite things.

The best thing you could do if you haven't already got one is purchase a carb counting book. They will give you the carb count and more of many of your foods.

The one I recommend is the Calorie Carb and Fat bible 2010. Useful to keep in the kitchen. If you want a pocket version then the Collins Little Gem series of books are not bad but a little unreliable in some areas. The dietician we have on the forum also rates the CCandFB as being better. These books will answer many of your queries about specific foods if you can't find the information on labels.