Smashed it Again!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just back from latest Diabetes review with my GP. My HbA1c is 33, down from 36 in September! :happy:
I dodged the cholesterol/statin debate as the nurse had forgotten to put lipid panel on the blood request! Do I care? No! :joyful:
I even told him how I was managing my blood sugars and weight and we had a brief discussion about low carb eating and he agrees with it! Next review end of Feb.

EDIT I just remembered I was going to report back on the accuracy of the MySugr app’s HbA1c estimate. Well very accurate this time. MySugr said 32.9 on the day this result was taken.

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Smashed it? You Throttled it, girl! Spectacular result, well done.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm delighted for you. You hammered it into the ground @Rachox . Ha ha
Well well done!

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
impressive. interesting on the app giving accurate numbers. that could save money if its always so accurate.

Reactions: Prem51

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration.

My review was due this morning as well funnily enough, but I've been snowed in and there was a tree on my car so I couldn't make it! Sawing wood has got to be good for bg levels though:)

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
impressive. interesting on the app giving accurate numbers. that could save money if its always so accurate.
This time it was very accurate, last time not quite so close, lab said 36 MySugr said 34.4. It all depends how many finger pricks you take, though funnily enough I’ve reduced readings since September!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration.

My review was due this morning as well funnily enough, but I've been snowed in and there was a tree on my car so I couldn't make it! Sawing wood has got to be good for bg levels though:)
Oh no! I didn’t go out due to snow yesterday but the gritters had been out overnight. It was a bit dodgy on the side roads today but the main roads in Oxfordshire are clear now. I hope your car’s ok!

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no! I didn’t go out due to snow yesterday but the gritters had been out overnight. It was a bit dodgy on the side roads today but the main roads in Oxfordshire are clear now. I hope your car’s ok!

Thanks, it seems to have survived. It's still waterproof anyway, which is the main thing I care about:) I live right in the middle of the big snow-warning band that the met office announced a few days ago. They were right! Well done them!

I've just posted some pics here:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/one-hour-surgery-gets-blood-glucose-under-control.130672/

Reactions: Rachox and Prem51

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just back from latest Diabetes review with my GP. My HbA1c is 33, down from 36 in September!

The weight loss figures in your signature are equally impressive. Combined with the extraordinary HbA1c, do you think it's possible you could be in remission? Do you ever test for that?

My initial weight when I started seriously trying to do something about diabetes was similar to yours and I'm also losing weight rapidly. I've been switching between various methods, vlcd / low-carb / normal calories & carbs but lots of exercise. I don't switch between them because they don't work - they all do for me, I just like experimenting. I'm losing about a stone a month at the moment and occasionally do some tests to see if it looks like I'm in remission. So far I'm not.

If you are firmly low-carbing and getting very healthy bgs now as you seem to be then I guess that's all that matters, I'm just curious about the whole Newcastle idea of large weight loss vs chances of remission.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant result @Rachox, very pleased for you. Also pleased to learn that there are a few gps out there who understand, and support, a low carb approach for diabetic folk.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The weight loss figures in your signature are equally impressive. Combined with the extraordinary HbA1c, do you think it's possible you could be in remission? Do you ever test for that?

My initial weight when I started seriously trying to do something about diabetes was similar to yours and I'm also losing weight rapidly. I've been switching between various methods, vlcd / low-carb / normal calories & carbs but lots of exercise. I don't switch between them because they don't work - they all do for me, I just like experimenting. I'm losing about a stone a month at the moment and occasionally do some tests to see if it looks like I'm in remission. So far I'm not.

If you are firmly low-carbing and getting very healthy bgs now as you seem to be then I guess that's all that matters, I'm just curious about the whole Newcastle idea of large weight loss vs chances of remission.

Yes thank you I’ve lost 4 stone 4 lbs in old money, more than half of my 18yr old daughter! :joyful: My pre and post meal tests are nine times out of ten in the 5s, with the occasional 4 or 6. I suppose the only way to test remission, as in cured, would be to eat pizza and chips! I’m not risking that at the moment, I feel it’s still early days and don’t want to rock the boat. I’m content to be called very well controlled, that’s what my G.P. said and I’m happy with that :happy: