Smashed it Again!

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Rachox How do you feel about relaxing your 'control' a little bit over Christmas? I'm not that happy to do it but I feel I should cut myself a bit of slack for a couple of days. I'm interested in other people's views especially when they've obviously been 'very good' and got fantastic control.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose the only way to test remission, as in cured, would be to eat pizza and chips! I’m not risking that at the moment, I feel it’s still early days and don’t want to rock the boat.

I'm with you on that. When I do tests I use toasted wholemeal bread, the idea that I don't like it too much, but even that's all it can take some times to start carb cravings. And I certainly don't want to do a full-on 75g glucose test until I can reliably pass my much easier test, which I can't.

I’m content to be called very well controlled, that’s what my G.P. said and I’m happy with that :happy:

Good for you!

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox How do you feel about relaxing your 'control' a little bit over Christmas? I'm not that happy to do it but I feel I should cut myself a bit of slack for a couple of days. I'm interested in other people's views especially when they've obviously been 'very good' and got fantastic control.
I don’t think I’m going to relax at all, the reason being I’m having an operation on my foot this Thursday, so I don’t want to jeopardise my healing by shooting my sugars up. I have been busy filling my freezer with low carb treats. This is today’s project:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-chocolate-peanut-squares

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done!!!!!

At the risk of playing with words: I think you are in remission. As I understand it, "remission" is when our levels are non-diabetic, and they should stay that way as long as we maintain our existing lifestyle changes. (I certainly consider myself to be "reversed" or "in remission" and my A1c is almost the same as yours.)

Sadly, pizzas and chips are in the past even for the "reversed" people but I can't say I miss them much!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done!!!!!

At the risk of playing with words: I think you are in remission. As I understand it, "remission" is when our levels are non-diabetic, and they should stay that way as long as we maintain our existing lifestyle changes. (I certainly consider myself to be "reversed" or "in remission" and my A1c is almost the same as yours.)

Sadly, pizzas and chips are in the past even for the "reversed" people but I can't say I miss them much!

I guess we are in remission but with certain caveats, them being that I stay low carb and keep taking the tablets!
Btw there’s always Fathead pizza !

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just back from latest Diabetes review with my GP. My HbA1c is 33, down from 36 in September! :happy:
I dodged the cholesterol/statin debate as the nurse had forgotten to put lipid panel on the blood request! Do I care? No! :joyful:
I even told him how I was managing my blood sugars and weight and we had a brief discussion about low carb eating and he agrees with it! Next review end of Feb.

EDIT I just remembered I was going to report back on the accuracy of the MySugr app’s HbA1c estimate. Well very accurate this time. MySugr said 32.9 on the day this result was taken.

Well done!!!
Hope to follow you soon!

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes thank you I’ve lost 4 stone 4 lbs in old money, more than half of my 18yr old daughter! :joyful: My pre and post meal tests are nine times out of ten in the 5s, with the occasional 4 or 6. I suppose the only way to test remission, as in cured, would be to eat pizza and chips! I’m not risking that at the moment, I feel it’s still early days and don’t want to rock the boat. I’m content to be called very well controlled, that’s what my G.P. said and I’m happy with that :happy:

Don’t be tempted with the Pizza, Fish & Chips!
Your bg levels might shoot up and undo all your hard work overnight!

Lol !!!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don’t be tempted with the Pizza, Fish & Chips!
Your bg levels might shoot up and undo all your hard work overnight!

Lol !!!
No worries I won’t!

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please message me privately
I’d like to ask for your advice

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Well done, the old way of eating isn't that great, had cauli rice been the default rice from the start why would we want so called normal rice as an example. Whilst we may slip from time to time our normal is much better.