So happy and so grateful!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone

Just had my latest Hba1c results and am pleased to report that they are now 31. I’m over the moon. My journey looks like this:
Sept 18 diagnosis 62
Dec 18 - after 3 months LC plus metformin 32
Mar 19 - after 6 months LC and 3 months no tablets 31

Nurse has said they won’t do bloods again now until December and my 1yr review and that as far as she’s concerned I can be classed as ‘in remission’ (my doctor already has me as cured on his system but I have an appointment next week to discuss that as I don’t believe anyone is cured and need that rectifying on my records so I don’t fall through the net with tests)

I want to give huge thanks to this forum and it’s members. Without the extensive advice you are all willing to give, allowing me to consider all factors and find a plan that works for me I know I wouldn’t have achieved this so quickly, if at all. To top it off I’m also 5st 4 pounds lighter, sitting comfortably in the healthy bmi range for the first time in my adult life and feeling the healthiest I ever have with other health issues having resolved themselves too! You’re an amazing bunch and I hope over time I can go on to help others the way you have helped me. So thank you greatly :)

Reactions: marathonmona

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone

Just had my latest Hba1c results and am pleased to report that they are now 31. I’m over the moon. My journey looks like this:
Sept 18 diagnosis 62

Nurse has said they won’t do bloods again now until December and my 1yr review and that as far as she’s concerned I can be classed as ‘in remission’ (my doctor already has me as cured on his system but I have an appointment next week to discuss that as I don’t believe anyone is cured and need that rectifying on my records so I don’t fall through the net with tests)

I want to give huge thanks to this forum and it’s members. Without the extensive advice you are all willing to give, allowing me to consider all factors and find a plan that works for me I know I wouldn’t have achieved this so quickly, if at all. To top it off I’m also 5st 4 pounds lighter, sitting comfortably in the healthy bmi range for the first time in my adult life and feeling the healthiest I ever have with other health issues having resolved themselves too! You’re an amazing bunch and I hope over time I can go on to help others the way you have helped me. So thank you greatly :)
Excellent news and well done you for taking control.. great to hear when a plan comes together but you have done all the work!

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Hi everyone

Sept 18 diagnosis 62

Emma I am over the flipping moon for you right now! Such an amazing journey and still going to be rooting for you. You've done so well and are an utter inspiration to us all :cat:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You have smashed it Emma. What amazing results in such a short space of time. Such an impressive hba1c. And the weight loss!!!! It must have just dropped off you. Low carb is phenomenal for controlling blood sugars but you yourself should be commended for all your hard work. Well done

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You total Star! Very well done.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think that I personally helped you in any way other than us both being members of the forum but you have cheered me up. Such a result and such a story. The point you make about not being "cured" is valid but I will be interested to hear how that goes down when you mention it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done Emma! Keep up the good work!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all for your kind words. I know now the hard job of maintaining these levels long term starts but for today at least I’m up on cloud 9 and there’s no bringing me down :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh I am totally loving it!! It’s my bank balance that keeps crying about it ;)

I have become a frequent visitor of charity shops both to buy smaller clothes and donate my big ones :)

M

Member496333

Achievement unlocked :woot:

For what it’s worth I disagree that it can’t be cured. You will remain intolerant to carbohydrate, but that is not diabetes. Diabetes is a symptom. Which you don’t have.

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone

Sept 18 diagnosis 62

So thrilled for you Emma - its great when it all works out so well. I remember some of your frustrations in the early days and it can be hard to stick at it at times but you have been amazing not just sticking at it but taking it to new levels! All I can say is wow too to your weight loss in such a short time. Welcome to the maintainers club (BGS and weight) - it can be a bit difficult to balance at times but Im sure you'll address it the way you have your whole journey to date - in an admirable and dedicated way - Congratulations you superstar you. You are a definite success story and will be inspirational to others just starting and/or struggling with their journeys.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit late to the party, but am so happy for you @Emma_369. What a wonderful result and what an inspiration.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
;)@Emma_369 So Very Happy for you!!! I can’t find a converter that lets me understand “31”, but if it’s normal, that’s enough for me.
It’s all that swimming!;)

Reactions: leslondo