Sock it to me . . .

Signs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey folks,

Mainly a question for the guys I guess.

Looking for decent socks. I like a fitted sock which is soft at the top and perhaps just a little longer if possible. (Length isn't crucial)

My only issue with a decent pair of regular socks is that the top is usually too tight.
Tried some "diabetic socks" and they were awful, wouldn't stay up, got all bunched up up in my shoe and were in fact more uncomfortable than regular socks.

Before I go spend more money on socks that will end up in the bin, any suggestions?

Cheers, John

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I have the same problems with socks, dont like them too tight and usually end up opening every pair of socks in a shop with my fingers and rarely find any that i am happy with.

The last pairs I bought were from Tescos but I dont always find them there, I dont know anywhere that always has them in stock.

Good luck :thumbup:

Fraddycat

How about Footjoy socks - you can get them from Golf Shops/Websites. My hubby loves them! They have quite a thick but soft sole and soft top and wash and keep their shape lovely. They can be a bit pricey but I always keep my eye out for 3 for 2 offers.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Well thanks for all the suggestions , I shall certainly be checking all these out when I next need socks :thumbup:

I think half my problem is that I tend to buy socks on the spur of the moment and then moan that I dont like them, perhaps a bit more effort is required on my part :oops:

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Marks and spencer sell non elasticated top socks, they are £12 for a pack of 3.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I wear towelling sports socks - usually from Matalan - & wear them inside out - smooth side against my feet.

Klang180

One word for you, Bamboo.

Don't get the cheap sockshop ones from ebay, go for quality like Bam. I think you'll find them extremely comfortable, i am never going back to cotton!