Sporty Forty.e t

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And my house had become an embarrassment to me. Ashamed to let anyone through the door and much work still to be done. Can't believe I would ever feel so good doing housework.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine is terrible - the lime plasterers made a start in February then went off on other jobs so I've furniture in all the wrong rooms and dust everywhere - unplastered sitting room and an acro holding up my ceiling round the window as the beam needs plating to support it. I would weep if it didn't make it worse.

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And my house had become an embarrassment to me. Ashamed to let anyone through the door and much work still to be done. Can't believe I would ever feel so good doing housework.
lol.....I know that feeling well! My house has been an embarrassment for about 16 years. No-one is ever allowed in here. It's a real problem when things need fixing......that's why I try to mend things myself! I really couldn't do much for years, but well, yes, I've become lazy now. All that's got to change. No more messing around and shirking.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine is terrible - the lime plasterers made a start in February then went off on other jobs so I've furniture in all the wrong rooms and dust everywhere - unplastered sitting room and an acro holding up my ceiling round the window as the beam needs plating to support it. I would weep if it didn't make it worse.
You have my sympathy. We had builders to do a job that was going to take 6 weeks. I was without a kitchen for 18 months, managed with a microwave in the dining room. They even botched the job, and 7 years later we are still trying to sort it.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You have my sympathy. We had builders to do a job that was going to take 6 weeks. I was without a kitchen for 18 months, managed with a microwave in the dining room. They even botched the job, and 7 years later we are still trying to sort it.
Oh God, not builders...all those cups of tea!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lol.....I know that feeling well! My house has been an embarrassment for about 16 years. No-one is ever allowed in here. It's a real problem when things need fixing......that's why I try to mend things myself! I really couldn't do much for years, but well, yes, I've become lazy now. All that's got to change. No more messing around and shirking.

I made my pledge on a thread somewhere on forum for diabetes week that before diabetes week I would declutter my house and my life. As it is a public pledge I can't back down. However, I am so disorganised I can't remember when or where or the title of the thread.
I keep telling myself that my kids mean too much to me to leave a mess for them to sort when I am gone.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

This lot will do a brilliant job as they always have, but boy are they slow - as if lime plastering wasn't a slow enough job. At least I've the wall of doom to keep me out of mischief- another 2 hrs on top of the earlier two hours this evening. Thankfully it is forecast rain tomorrow so I can have a rest. I'll maybe dust as I keep seeing things out of the corner of my eye in bed hanging from the ceiling.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I made my pledge on a thread somewhere on forum for diabetes week that before diabetes week I would declutter my house and my life. As it is a public pledge I can't back down. However, I am so disorganised I can't remember when or where or the title of the thread.
I keep telling myself that my kids mean too much to me to leave a mess for them to sort when I am gone.
Yes ditto, to all of that. I'm just not as disciplined as you....well at least I wasn't...maybe I can be now that I've got some emotional stuff sorted.? Time will tell.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes ditto, to all of that. I'm just not as disciplined as you....well at least I wasn't...maybe I can be now that I've got some emotional stuff sorted.? Time will tell.
Yes zand, but just think how satisfying it will be to report that you have expanded your exercise repertoire.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hahaha, me, disciplined!!?
I think not after the month of carb troughing I have just completed.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I feel smug! :angelic: Not only have I done my walk this morning but I have walked to the park 45 mins away, done 5x10 on the seated squat, 3x10 on the lat pull down and 2x10 on the shoulder press in the park, played boules and then walked 45 mins home. :rolleyes:

Wow. Well done mrs.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Day at Ibrox to watch the rugby 7s .
Did my activity walking and standing in queues for miles

Then walked around Glasgow trying to get something to eat.

Good day

Attachments

• 1406410248684.jpg
    1406410248684.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 1406410263274.jpg
    1406410263274.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 113

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day at Ibrox to watch the rugby 7s .
Did my activity walking and standing in queues for miles

Then walked around Glasgow trying to get something to eat.

Good day

That's good @Jamrox . Great that you are able to get to the live events. All that walking too. Tired?

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
It was really exciting. Shatteres now.
So glad I decided not to have any alcohol. Was great to get off the train and into the car.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
30 minutes walk this morning to and from the opticians (no sign of retinopathy), shopping at M&S and Sansburys, then 20 minutes walk to and from the pub before dinner. BGs make me wonder if I shouldn't drink more red wine ...

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
30 minutes walk this morning to and from the opticians (no sign of retinopathy), shopping at M&S and Sansburys, then 20 minutes walk to and from the pub before dinner. BGs make me wonder if I shouldn't drink more red wine ...
Hope the back is better too, @sanguine

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Sansburys........are you French? Or is it the red wine? Lol!