Statins As A Cause Of Diabetes

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
More i read about Cholesterol does goes up when loosing weight and following Lowcarb diets. Does any one noticed this?

Statins do decrease Cholesterol numbers but no one knows or identified link between stroke and Cholesterol correctly.

More i read about Cholesterol it is good for you than causing damage for your body.

Your own body produces the Cholesterol without any extra from food. How can be that bad?
We don't really know the truth about cholesterol, saturated fat and heart disease. We do know that raised bg is very very harmful and that consuming fewer carbs does lower bg, at least for most people. I'm going with what I know and hoping for the best about the rest.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More i read about Cholesterol it is good for you than causing damage for your body.

Your own body produces the Cholesterol without any extra from food. How can be that bad?
If we didn't have any we'd be dead.

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I stopped my SimvaStatin since April. But after every cholesterol test DNB and doctor are asking me to take Statins again.

I can feel much energetic after stop taking medication. It could be due to diet and exercise as well.

@bulkbiker do you take any carbs? How long you are following LowCarb diet?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I stopped my SimvaStatin since April. But after every cholesterol test DNB and doctor are asking me to take Statins again.

I can feel much energetic after stop taking medication. It could be due to diet and exercise as well.

@bulkbiker do you take any carbs? How long you are following LowCarb diet?
I have been very low carb for 3 years. My daily intake is between 10-20g of carbs per day although recently less as I am eating far fewer veggies and nuts.

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I mean too good for diabetics in my point of view and controlling with diet only.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I mean too good for diabetics in my point of view and controlling with diet only.

Sorry but "too good for diabetics" is, in my opinion, a contradiction in terms. Would you rather have a higher A1c with a 'normal' diet?

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry but "too good for diabetics" is, in my opinion, a contradiction in terms. Would you rather have a higher A1c with a 'normal' diet?

@bulkbiker HBA1c 28 with diet is good. That would be dream for me.

Some point of time is it worth adding Carbs and see how your body reacts? Or do you continue with same Low carb diet for your entire life?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker HBA1c 28 with diet is good. That would be dream for me.

Some point of time is it worth adding Carbs and see how your body reacts? Or do you continue with same Low carb diet for your entire life?
I intend to stay low carb for the rest of my days .. why wouldn't I? Seems crazy to me to go back to what caused the problems in the first place.