Step into Spring

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Nothing this weekend apart from humping boxes of books upstairs pending a time I can deliver them.

Rain forecast for most of the week so the rower and even the Reebok Step might get a bashing instead.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Ok this is it . I've been busy with stuff (daughter goes to Oz this morning for a year ,,,,and been busy with that)

No more skiving for me , going to get back into it and no excuses from me . When I get home from the airport I have a bedroom to scrub and sort out so it will be up and down stairs and wipe on wipe off cleaning . I'm annoyed withy self because I'm half a stone heavier than I was at beginning of December ....no more

Reactions: 6 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi guys!
I found you!!! I knew you'd be rocking some positive motivating thread!
Hope you all had a great Crimbo and New Year! I'm doing nothing more than walking at the moment - I went skiing for the first time ever over New Year and wiped out in a blaze of (not so much) glory! Sprained both my knees, but after a couple of weeks hobbling with a face like I'm sucking on a sour lemon, I can at least move about enough to imagine exercising again. Reading this thread has already made me feel inspired - even if I'm only taking small steps. xxx:):):)

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok this is it . I've been busy with stuff (daughter goes to Oz this morning for a year ,,,,and been busy with that)

No more skiving for me , going to get back into it and no excuses from me . When I get home from the airport I have a bedroom to scrub and sort out so it will be up and down stairs and wipe on wipe off cleaning . I'm annoyed withy self because I'm half a stone heavier than I was at beginning of December ....no more

Ok time to put it behind you. You can do it.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys!
I found you!!! I knew you'd be rocking some positive motivating thread!
Hope you all had a great Crimbo and New Year! I'm doing nothing more than walking at the moment - I went skiing for the first time ever over New Year and wiped out in a blaze of (not so much) glory! Sprained both my knees, but after a couple of weeks hobbling with a face like I'm sucking on a sour lemon, I can at least move about enough to imagine exercising again. Reading this thread has already made me feel inspired - even if I'm only taking small steps. xxx:):):)
Hello. You have been missed.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was glad to get to the pool for aquafit. Did 55 mins of that. Had been intending to go to the techno gym first, but it is being refurbished. :(

So back to the sifting and shifting of years and years worth of life's trivia that once seemed important. I am having to force myself to sort it as much of it brings back memories, not all of them pleasant.

Reactions: 4 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Was glad to get to the pool for aquafit. Did 55 mins of that. Had been intending to go to the techno gym first, but it is being refurbished. :(

So back to the sifting and shifting of years and years worth of life's trivia that once seemed important. I am having to force myself to sort it as much of it brings back memories, not all of them pleasant.
What's a techno gym????

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's a techno gym????

It has adapted equipment for oldlies or people not strong enough to use the mainstream equipment. One I use is staffed by physios and they run a programme of circuit training around 20 different activities. The machines are designed and adapted to work on strength rather than cardio. You only spend 90 seconds at each machine or activity, but work all muscle groups.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I meant to add the Technogym I go to uses 'Easyline ' equipment, which is designed to be used by those not generally able to use standard gym equipment. For me it is a much less threatening environment than most gyms. I can use the equipment, not in competition with bright young things clad in dayglo lycra, or the bodybuilding types. Also, I am one of the youngest people there, so the other people want to look after me. Nice to be mothered for a change.

Reactions: 3 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I meant to add the Technogym I go to uses 'Easyline ' equipment, which is designed to be used by those not generally able to use standard gym equipment. For me it is a much less threatening environment than most gyms. I can use the equipment, not in competition with bright young things clad in dayglo lycra, or the bodybuilding types. Also, I am one of the youngest people there, so the other people want to look after me. Nice to be mothered for a change.

Sounds great! I think it would be fun to dress up in dayglo lycra just for the hell of it anyway. Who says you have to be young to look like a ray of sunshine! :p;)
Hope you made good progress with your sorting.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Cut yourself some slack hon - it was the season of over-indulgence. A new year and a slimmer you will begin to emerge in no time.
Sorry to hear your daughter is on her travels (well, super happy for her and her adventures, but I hope you don't miss her too much).Bx

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok it's been a cold and wet day today, so I didn't manage to get out for a walk, but everything I had to go up or down a floor in the office I used the stairs, so hopefully that has helped me.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Bebo that sounds sore

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Well I survived my daughter going on the plane , came home and went for a 45minute cold walk ... Felt good

Reactions: 8 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Thanks Pipp I need you to make me feel guilty if I don't do it . Xxx