Step into Spring

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Nice day here for a walk today, more interesting than the rowing machine

P1030946.JPG
P1030947.JPG

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
40 minutes walking ( round Hexham as I decided to get the I've been undecided about for weeks as it was half price in sale- had to buy a much bigger size than I know I am but I just went with it- in past I'd have insisted on buying smaller size and sticking it unworn in wardrobe as I used to refuse to accept I was that big - now I just think it's dodgy sizing as I'm a 14/16 in every other shop and this was a 20!!!- I tried an 18 in a different colour and it was bigger than the 20 in the purple and previously I'd tried a 16 and it was same size apart from under the arms )
Just done 30 minutes on bike. Aching all over now so think a bath in order.

Reactions: 2 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
I just realised all this painting is good for my bi's and tri's ... got 3 weeks to try to tone my arms up and drop some flab before I go to my nephew's wedding on 17 Jan. Got a new dress that was snug before Christmas, so need to really get motivated. I looked like bloody Diana Dors in his last wedding photo .... please God don't let me look the same this time .. or worse! :sour:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just realised all this painting is good for my bi's and tri's ... got 3 weeks to try to tone my arms up and drop some flab before I go to my nephew's wedding on 17 Jan. Got a new dress that was snug before Christmas, so need to really get motivated. I looked like bloody Diana Dors in his last wedding photo .... please God don't let me look the same this time .. or worse! :sour:

That made me chuckle. When my mum was overweight she had this sparkly blue kaftan ( it was the seventies) and with her platinum hair she looked just like Diana Dors.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been very lax since September, although I'm on my feet most of the day. I joined a gym yesterday so I'll join here too! Good luck everyone!! :)

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Im on the search again for a second hand bike. Dont really have the space but......needs must.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Lenny maybe your local area has a Facebook buy and sell page , I got mine that way for around 70 or 80 pound

Reactions: 3 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd like a bike Or a cross trainer but I have no where to put one :( so to start me off I did a 30 minute walk and then 25 mins dancing salsa with rosemary Conley :)

Reactions: 7 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I'm not starting till the 1st - might as well get a couple of 'legal' skive days in first. Having said that I was very active yesterday, running up stairs and escalators and doing lots of brisk walking (but that was only because we didn't want to miss kick-off):)

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did 25 minutes peddling last night and tidied out a cupboard and drawer. Today I am going into town so will do a bit of walking.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Went to the tip yesterday having decluttered the garage of all those offcuts of timber that 'might come in use one day'. Useful aerobic workout frisbeeing bits of old melamine chipboard about.

Lovely sunny but cold day here again, itching to get out but I've a delivery scheduled today (belated Christmas presents) so will have to stay in until they arrive.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Lenny maybe your local area has a Facebook buy and sell page , I got mine that way for around 70 or 80 pound
yeah, im searching there and gumtree. fingers crossed.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So package delivered about midday so I got out for a decent walk in the misty sunshine. Teignmouth has a river frontage as well as the sea, with a back beach and a small but busy port. Here's a few more pics of some of my walking options from the house:

P1030964.JPG
P1030969.JPG
P1030970.JPG
P1030971.JPG
P1030973.JPG
P1030975.JPG
P1030976.JPG

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So much for having a couple of skive days. Went out for a 30 minute walk with the family.

Reactions: 8 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spent 4 hrs walking around the shops today.... My sister wanted to get some bargains in the sales.. I ended up being the bag holder lol.