Step into Spring

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm in... I am still doing my hour dog walk but it is my aim to increase my exercise (as it has been for every challenge - oops!)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So how do you work this? Does everyone log on with their exercise each day?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds. Really good. As I can count my cleaning and painting I would love to join in if that's ok? :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds. Really good. As I can count my cleaning and painting I would love to join in if that's ok? :)
Don't think anyone needs to seek permission @mo53

Well, I didn't, but then I am a bit bold sometimes.

Just don't go suggesting I do cleaning as exercise. Not in my repertoire! :)

Reactions: 2 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did a total of 3.5 miles brisk walking on Monday, split into 3 sessions.
Yesterday I went to the gym: 25 minutes on the walking machine, varying between 4 and 4.5 miles per hour; 15 minutes cross trainer; 5 minutes rowing machine; 15 minutes bike; a few reps on a machine for inner thighs and some for arms. I've only just joined. Sunday I had a shower after my workout. Locked in the shower and couldn't get out. Luckily I had taken my bag in so I phoned the gym and asked the receptionist to come and set me free!!
Yesterday I went to the loo there and put my bag on the windowsill as there was no hook on the back of the door. No sign saying wet paint!!! My black Kipling bag is now covered in white gloss paint!! I've had it several years but hey ho!

Reactions: 4 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow @peacetrain you are unlucky! I hope that's the end of the gym catastrophes for you.
@Pipp I only need to add the cleaning as a needs must lol I'm not usually a domestic goddess but moving house creates a need lol

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Wow this is amazing , so many people joining us old hands .

It's great having new people to give us new ideas

I also think it's amazing that we oldies are now in the habit of being active and its part of our lives .

You are all fab xxx

Reactions: 8 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow this is amazing , so many people joining us old hands .

It's great having new people to give us new ideas

I also think it's amazing that we oldies are now in the habit of being active and its part of our lives .

You are all fab xxx
Who you calling old?

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I did a 30 minute walk at lunchtime and a twenty minute dash around the shops on the way home..... I am now sitting down with a glass of red wine...one of many I hope. So cheers everyone, here's to a happy, healthy and fit new year for us all:)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
20 minutes on bike ( bit slow as too many wind inducing things for tea !!!) and 20 minutes walking earlier.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I have actually managed to skive. Bliss. Tomorrow I'll start behaving though, honest. :);)

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
30 Min walk this morning. Was gearing up to be a hot day .... went to pick up a sofa to a suburb that is out west and inland ... stinking hot! Hopefully I managed to sweat a few calories off given I felt as though I was in a sauna! Yuk Yuk Yuk!

document

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
30 Min walk this morning. Was gearing up to be a hot day .... went to pick up a sofa to a suburb that is out west and inland ... stinking hot! Hopefully I managed to sweat a few calories off given I felt as though I was in a sauna! Yuk Yuk Yuk!

document

Oh no, today is the start. Any chance of one of @zand's skive days for me? I didn't get to sleep until after 4am.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
First the first time in my life I went to bed before the bells , no idea why because I like a party but last night I just wanted to shut the world out , I didn't even watch any ****** Hogmanay tv.

Any wayyyyyy it's DDay , I am 5'7" and weigh 159lb. I've put 5lb on since early December which goes to prove that eating **** (panitoni and chocolate mainly) and little activity =feel **** and weight gain for me , no that's not a surprise lol.

So today it changes and I'm just about to go on old numb bum .
Welcome along everyone , it will be the first day of Spring before we know it and @zand my apologies I should have said experienced instead of old haha xx

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Well i got my numb bum machine! Here we go. Will weigh myself tomorrow morning as forgot today.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
35 minutes on numb bum and gone the whole morning without a chocolate.

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh flip. I got out of bed, dressed and came downstairs. That was twenty minutes exercise. Will complete the day with the ten minutes it will take me to complete those actions in reverse.

Last edited by a moderator: