Stressful day...

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Had my Desmond training day today. It was fine - informative, nice people running it, supportive of LCHF and keto. They made the whole day rather fun actually and I enjoyed it.... but right now I am feeling so stressed, probably because they gave us all our latest blood results. Mine were from my diagnosis tests, so the first ever. HbA1c was 95, cholesterol 7.9, blood pressure 155/60. It seems as though this whole diabetes thing has suddenly become too big to handle and this has reflected badly on my blood glucose which went up to 7.5 - first time they've been above the 6s for nearly a month! Stress must have been the cause of this because I fasted today between breakfast and evening meal so had eaten nothing to cause it. Strangely, although I had a rather large albeit carb free meal this evening, my post prandial readings were back within acceptable limits at 6.3 (I was expecting a much higher reading).
I know this feeling of uselessness will pass and I'll soon be back to my usual positive, determined self but, right now, I could do with a hug or two :( and a few words of encouragment would go long way.....

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry you’ve had a stressful day, albeit with a supportive course, lucky you having HCPs that advocate low carb. I’m not sure what they were trying to achieve though by issuing your old results, which are most likely out of date now since you’ve been working on improving your health since then.
With regard to the higher than expected reading, stress can indeed do that but can I ask if you’ve fasted all day before? I ask because I can’t fast without a rise in levels, my liver is far too helpful and chucks out glucose if I don’t eat regularly. Maybe you had a degree of liver dump too.
Keep on as you are, I’m sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised by your next results x

Groundgripper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Busy towns and cities, heavy traffic, noisy people, rubbishy televison or radio shows, rap music.
Had my Desmond training day today. It was fine - informative, nice people running it, supportive of LCHF and keto. They made the whole day rather fun actually and I enjoyed it.... but right now I am feeling so stressed, probably because they gave us all our latest blood results. Mine were from my diagnosis tests, so the first ever. HbA1c was 95, cholesterol 7.9, blood pressure 155/60. It seems as though this whole diabetes thing has suddenly become too big to handle and this has reflected badly on my blood glucose which went up to 7.5 - first time they've been above the 6s for nearly a month! Stress must have been the cause of this because I fasted today between breakfast and evening meal so had eaten nothing to cause it. Strangely, although I had a rather large albeit carb free meal this evening, my post prandial readings were back within acceptable limits at 6.3 (I was expecting a much higher reading).
I know this feeling of uselessness will pass and I'll soon be back to my usual positive, determined self but, right now, I could do with a hug or two :( and a few words of encouragment would go long way.....
Hi M`Dear, Big Hugs From Me to You:) it is possible that your Desmond training day was playing deeper in your mind than you realised, I personally would not want my blood results or other information made public, that is in front of others, your readings can be brought back under control without too much anxiety on your part, do not dwell too much on this singular event, push yourself to beat the beast, go on, you know you you can do it, there are enough of us on here to turn to, don`t be despondent, do not give up, you can win.

Reactions: LindsayJane

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You'll be fine. You've had a long day, and even if it was a good one, being confronted with your diabetes all day must have been very hard work.
So here's your hug, and a good night's sleep always makes for a sunnier look at life in the morning.
Sleep well!

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorry you’ve had a stressful day, albeit with a supportive course, lucky you having HCPs that advocate low carb. I’m not sure what they were trying to achieve though by issuing your old results, which are most likely out of date now since you’ve been working on improving your health since then.
With regard to the higher than expected reading, stress can indeed do that but can I ask if you’ve fasted all day before? I ask because I can’t fast without a rise in levels, my liver is far too helpful and chucks out glucose if I don’t eat regularly. Maybe you had a degree of liver dump too.
Keep on as you are, I’m sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised by your next results x
I was wondering if that might be the case but wasn't sure if it worked that way. Thank you for the reassurance. Fasting is no a new thing for me but I didn't actually intend fasting today. I didn't take lunch with me and there was nothing suitable at the in-house canteen and the lunch break was too short for a walk to Tescos! Funny thing about the results - I really wanted to know what they were but wish I hadn't found out!

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi M`Dear, Big Hugs From Me to You:) it is possible that your Desmond training day was playing deeper in your mind than you realised, I personally would not want my blood results or other information made public, that is in front of others, your readings can be brought back under control without too much anxiety on your part, do not dwell too much on this singular event, push yourself to beat the beast, go on, you know you you can do it, there are enough of us on here to turn to, don`t be despondent, do not give up, you can win.
I have been building up to meeting Desmond so I guess stress was an inevitable outcome. Thank
You'll be fine. You've had a long day, and even if it was a good one, being confronted with your diabetes all day must have been very hard work.
So here's your hug, and a good night's sleep always makes for a sunnier look at life in the morning.
Sleep well!
Thank you :cat:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After just 80 days of low carbing I was no longer in the diabetic range, it really works.
I can only say what a stupid way to go about things - giving you numbers from 4 months ago without any thought of what effect that might have.
If you have been really strict you might be back in normal ranges - I did not even have to try, which does make me feel rather guilty sometimes - but low carb works and works really well - I just wish that the NHS would catch up with the reality of what they are doing with all their daft advice and unthinking treatment.

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
After just 80 days of low carbing I was no longer in the diabetic range, it really works.
I can only say what a stupid way to go about things - giving you numbers from 4 months ago without any thought of what effect that might have.
If you have been really strict you might be back in normal ranges - I did not even have to try, which does make me feel rather guilty sometimes - but low carb works and works really well - I just wish that the NHS would catch up with the reality of what they are doing with all their daft advice and unthinking treatment.
As my first follow up approaches I am becoming more nervous by the day! I have worked really hard with low carb, lost 24 kilos, working on increasing my activity levels and yet still fearful of 'off the scale' results. How I wish they had given me the results (and explained them) at diagnosis, when they would have been useful!

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning @Groundgripper. The cat was overly interested in my keyboard ativity yesterday and I have just noticed that half my message in reply to you is missing! I wanted to conlude by saying, 'thank you for your words of encouragement. It means a lot.' You may now consider it said. Peace and love to you on this cold and windy day. Keep warm x

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As my first follow up approaches I am becoming more nervous by the day! I have worked really hard with low carb, lost 24 kilos, working on increasing my activity levels and yet still fearful of 'off the scale' results. How I wish they had given me the results (and explained them) at diagnosis, when they would have been useful!
@LindsayJane try not to worry - just after Christmas my GP did some blood tests and included an ‘impromptu’ hba1c which I was worried about because I’d gone on an 11 day cruise in mid November and had not been too careful with my carb counting and Christmas had just finished where I was eating mince pies etc however I was pleasantly surprised to find that my hba1c had actually gone down!

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ah mince pies..... The food of the gods! Just a thought. Did you know that in French 'mince pie' translates as 'thin magpie'? I really hope to see better results in 2 weeks time - thanks for your support. Have a lovely day x x

Groundgripper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Busy towns and cities, heavy traffic, noisy people, rubbishy televison or radio shows, rap music.
Good morning @Groundgripper. The cat was overly interested in my keyboard ativity yesterday and I have just noticed that half my message in reply to you is missing! I wanted to conlude by saying, 'thank you for your words of encouragement. It means a lot.' You may now consider it said. Peace and love to you on this cold and windy day. Keep warm x
You are more than welcome anytime M`Dear,- Be well, don`t fret, stay cool.:)