1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Stretched skin

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by Andydragon, Jul 7, 2020.

1. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That’s one reason I chose weight training, hopefully I can backfill with some muscle. Not worried about my mid section as I rarely go streaking these days, but I’d like to not have batwings or at least minimize them

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Andy, I've often posted about these things on the forum. It can take our bodies a while to catch up with the weightloss. By that, I mean that we usually lose weight from places we'd rather keep it - for us female sorts - from our boobies, arms and a lesser extent legs. In my case, I ended up very slight indeed, and whilst I didn't have sagging, my skin wasn't as taut as in the past. Given several months (and no for me years), it is by-and-large much better.

I have always moisturised every day after my shower, and I'm sure the moisturiser, and massaging in helped, over time. Maybe you could try a bit of that. If you don't want anything perfumed, E45 is good, or more to a budget, the Lidl sensitive and Aloe options are far better than their price tags of under £2 a bottle would suggest.

Give it time. Be patient would be my advice.

I know. I know. I say this as the lest patient person in the world. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andydragon

Andydragon Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you
    I think I just needed to know it can improve. I appreciate it may not be perfect but there are some more changes likely to come.

I can work on changing up my exercise to help too

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’ve been following this guy for weight training ideas, since I’m pretty sure he’s natural. A lot of weight training stuff out there isn’t applicable for people who need to be low carb and don’t want to take performance enhancing drugs lol
    https://www.youtube.com/c/NaturalGallantBodybuilding

5. Andydragon

Andydragon Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I'm not interested particularly in weight lifting, just to build a little mass to smooth out the areas

I do appreciate the kind words of the forums. I know I need to take the win of the weight loss and I have a supportive partner. It's just hard to be let down by my own body but I haven't explored all options yet

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook