Stroke.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Also I am trying so hard to lose weight but failing! :( Help?

I eat low calorie. Portion controlled. Low fat. Lots of healthy foods, no processed foods, and lots of veg. I lost 4 stone this way
I would suggest, as you have a history with your family, discuss any diet change with your doctor.

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
NicolaAnne1994 I am so sorry to hear about your loss and other issues and I am so glad that you got some expert advice from people on here but one thing I would like to add is please please please try not to worry, worry and anxiety can cause unnecessary stress and contribute towards other illnesses and you already have enough by the sounds of it. Hugs!

D

Deleted member 83869

No that is one type of stroke, an ischaemic stroke, and the clot is just one of the things that can cause it. Air bubbles, fat globules and other blockages can cause the same type of stroke. They all stop the blood getting to the brain. It is nothing to do with anything going on in the brain. All the usual things like poor diet and smoking increase the risk of this type of stroke and the usual indicators are things like blood pressure.

But, you should ask a doctor. If migraine is a problem, ask him about that. My daughter suffers from migraines and sees the doctor about them.
Hello, went to the Doctor last night and she isnt happy about my migraines, she has told me to go to the opticians and if no luck then she will refer me to a migraine clinic :(

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hello, went to the Doctor last night and she isnt happy about my migraines, she has told me to go to the opticians and if no luck then she will refer me to a migraine clinic :(

I think getting your eyes checked is a good suggestion Nicola, poor vision and straining of the eyes can lead to headaches and migraines.

D

Deleted member 83869

I think getting your eyes checked is a good suggestion Nicola, poor vision and straining of the eyes can lead to headaches and migraines.
I know that is true but when i went about 9 months ago my eyes were fine, can they deteriorate quickly?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I know that is true but when i went about 9 months ago my eyes were fine, can they deteriorate quickly?

The thing is Nicola just a small change in vision can result in eye strain and bad heads/migraines, better that you book that appointment and get your eyes checked.

D

Deleted member 83869

True I went to the opticians yesterday and I cant get a test till I have had a retinal test

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Good, I hope it is something and nothing and you don't continue to worry yourself about things like strokes. Actually, I had forgotten about eyesight. I used to get them until I got specs, but that was a very long time ago.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Different branch, different rules perhaps. Seems odd as I had my retina et al looked at and photographed.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

D

Deleted member 83869

Different branch, different rules perhaps. Seems odd as I had my retina et al looked at and photographed.

Hmmm I could try another branch or go back to specsavers but I just feel that maybe specsavers arent taking my migraines seriously, from what I can remember my vision thing in my left eye is 0.25 and my right is normal but that was last year!