ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Have been to see my gp this morning. That was because the physio that I saw last week had spoken to my gp about the numbness in my legs and weakness in my right hand and wrist.
I had though check over and got alot hums and argos.
He got another gp in to do the same tests on my legs and arms.
They both decided that I need further investigations.
Am going to be referred to a neurologist. They want me to be seen sooner rather then later. Also been told that there will be a long wait.
While I wait, if I get any worse before I get the appointment, then to see gp again.
At long last, I have been listened too.
Just saw this hun.
Any news yet?
I'm pleased you are being listened to, at last. I'm soooooo proud of you. :)

Reactions: Jenny15

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I take vitamin D, it's helped me a lot. Did your GP ever get back to you about it?
Yes my surgery got back to me.
Gp said my last test to check my vitamin d level was fine, that was 3 months ago. He will check again on 12th June when I have another blood test

Reactions: ickihun and Jenny15

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes my surgery got back to me.
Gp said my last test to check my vitamin d level was fine, that was 3 months ago. He will check again on 12th June when I have another blood test

Ally - please never accept "fine" or similar words from any doctor or nurse. Many of us have learnt hard lessons by doing this. Their idea of fine may not be anyone else's, and your levels could have been right at the bottom of the range and falling. Please ask for print outs every time you have blood tests. Anything you don't understand, someone on the forum will. :)

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Ally - please never accept "fine" or similar words from any doctor or nurse. Many of us have learnt hard lessons by doing this. Their idea of fine may not be anyone else's, and your levels could have been right at the bottom of the range and falling. Please ask for print outs every time you have blood tests. Anything you don't understand, someone on the forum will. :)
I will do that in future

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Just saw this hun.
Any news yet?
I'm pleased you are being listened to, at last. I'm soooooo proud of you. :)
Have not heard anything yet but to be honest, I have no idea when I will get the letter with an appointment

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have not heard anything yet but to be honest, I have no idea when I will get the letter with an appointment

Are you able to make an appointment without the letter - especially as your GP said he'd test in June?

Your GP is very naughty.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Are you able to make an appointment without the letter - especially as your GP said he'd test in June?

Your GP is very naughty.
Sorry I have misunderstood. I have the HbA1c blood test alongside blood test again to check my vitamin d.
I thought it meant had I had the letter for the neurology appointment
The blood tests us on 12th june

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I have misunderstood. I have the HbA1c blood test alongside blood test again to check my vitamin d.
I thought it meant had I had the letter for the neurology appointment
The blood tests us on 12th june

I thought I had read that too, so my mistake.

Keep fighting the good fight Ally.

Reactions: ally1