ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
You'd be behind me in the queue for the godess Daisy!!

Do you have a key safe outside already Ally? I've had one for years, since I left my house keys in my car and dropped it off for service, just before the garage closed. I couldn't get into the house, so had to camp out with a neighbour until next morning.

We all need a contingency plan.
Yes I have a keysafe

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yesterday without her dogmatic collar on and just the 1/2 check choke collar.. she lunged out of bungalow to get to neighbours yappie yorkie!! At the moment I would say you are welcome to Queen Daisy-lol!!!
Neighbours and Yorkie fine but didnt do much for my chest and ulner nerve pain!!
Back to the dogmatic lead from now on.

You've achieved great things so far Ally, dont let one name (or 3) fail you. Persons need to be eithin a 20 min drive really.

Keep going Ally, you done fantastic to get this far with a failing GP and care. Pat on back x 100. And mountains of slobbery kisses from Queen Daisy.

View attachment 26477

(Daisy sat in new car!!-loving the sun roof!!)
Ha ha.
I love it.
What a good girl! I bet she gets extra cuddles for being so good.
I'm glad she helps out @donnellysdogs. My mum would be lost without her dog, now no longer a pup. Suki is the family dog and luckily for me she doesn't moult. I love her even more because of her enthusiasm and lovingness. She is very mischievous, still.
She bounds up to us on arrival at weekends. 5yr old plays all day with her. They are buddies.
I must post a pic soon.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@donnellysdogs your outlook on life is very inspirational. You really make a difference in my life. When I'm feeling sorry for myself I remember your advice.
A big thank you.
Yesterday I told GP how much agony I'm in walking but I was so happy with my older son been cleared from related Scarlet fever I was quite jolly seconds before.
I told him sitting is such a relief and pleasure that I'm happy then but ask me to walk yards and I cry. I worried he didn't believe me so I had to realiterate it again soberly. Once he agreed to help I smiled again.
He must think I'm nuts!
However, my upset of pain has to be contained for kids and hubby's nerves. I think that is why I openingly moan on here instead.
I'm sooo lucky to have such a great diabetic family.
You all rock !!! :) :) :)

Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Oh my, we are all rocking!!

Love it.

You are both inspirational to me.

We keep persevering and thats a great quality to have for us all.

Keep rocking ladies!!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Have been to see my gp this morning. That was because the physio that I saw last week had spoken to my gp about the numbness in my legs and weakness in my right hand and wrist.
I had though check over and got alot hums and argos.
He got another gp in to do the same tests on my legs and arms.
They both decided that I need further investigations.
Am going to be referred to a neurologist. They want me to be seen sooner rather then later. Also been told that there will be a long wait.
While I wait, if I get any worse before I get the appointment, then to see gp again.
At long last, I have been listened too.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So pleased to hear something is being done even if it will be a long wait. Well done to you for getting to this stage.

Reactions: ally1

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Have been to see my gp this morning. That was because the physio that I saw last week had spoken to my gp about the numbness in my legs and weakness in my right hand and wrist.
Am going to be referred to a neurologist. They want me to be seen sooner rather then later. Also been told that there will be a long wait.
While I wait, if I get any worse before I get the appointment, then to see gp again.
"like" you are listened to now and you have fought well good lady

keep it going

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Just catching up with the thread @ally1. You have come so far, fantastic.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Have been to physio.
The physio is going to rder me a trolley with two trays on that can be used around the bungalow, it will be used to carry drinks, meals from kitchen to lounge. Even to carry things into my bedroom and bathroom that I have delivered from my Asda order. The walker that I use with the seat is more ideal for out and about.
I just need to wait for it to be ordered and delivered.
Physio was very surprised that my GP hadn,t given me any vitamin d as that was what the physio had requested to help with muscles. Rather then call my surgery, I will buy some xx

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HHOORRAAYY!!!!!!!

and a huge well done to you for persevering at getting seen. You are ace.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have been to physio.
The physio is going to rder me a trolley with two trays on that can be used around the bungalow, it will be used to carry drinks, meals from kitchen to lounge. Even to carry things into my bedroom and bathroom that I have delivered from my Asda order. The walker that I use with the seat is more ideal for out and about.
I just need to wait for it to be ordered and delivered.
Physio was very surprised that my GP hadn,t given me any vitamin d as that was what the physio had requested to help with muscles. Rather then call my surgery, I will buy some xx

My Mum had one of those trolleys. She detested the thought of it, but after just a couple of days, she commented that she hoped they weren't thinking if having the trolley back! It really helped with her confidence moving hot dishes, or even just a cup of tea from the kitchen to where she might have been sitting. Hopefully it'll be an equal success for you.

Ally, have you been adviced on what to buy for your Vitamind D? My levels had really dropped a few months ago, so my GP prescribed a loading dose, and now I buy my own, for the ongoing stuff.

The usual advice is to start with "loading dose" to bring your levels up, then reduce it for the longer term.

I take one that combines Vitamin K2, as that sort of helps the Vit D get to all the right places and do the good stuff..

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
My Mum had one of those trolleys. She detested the thought of it, but after just a couple of days, she commented that she hoped they weren't thinking if having the trolley back! It really helped with her confidence moving hot dishes, or even just a cup of tea from the kitchen to where she might have been sitting. Hopefully it'll be an equal success for you.

Ally, have you been adviced on what to buy for your Vitamind D? My levels had really dropped a few months ago, so my GP prescribed a loading dose, and now I buy my own, for the ongoing stuff.

The usual advice is to start with "loading dose" to bring your levels up, then reduce it for the longer term.

I take one that combines Vitamin K2, as that sort of helps the Vit D get to all the right places and do the good stuff..
I have left a message for my gp to advise me. So am hoding back at the moment.
But knowing my gp, he will most likely not get back to me. Even though the physio spoke to my gp about vitamin d to him. That was 2 weeks ago

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
I have left a message for my gp to advise me. So am hoding back at the moment.
But knowing my gp, he will most likely not get back to me. Even though the physio spoke to my gp about vitamin d to him. That was 2 weeks ago
I take vitamin D, it's helped me a lot. Did your GP ever get back to you about it?