Struggling

tk123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I posted this on another forum, but it seems fairly dead and full of spam.

Hi, Im new to this forum, and I guess Keto/lchf as well and I'm struggling a lot. I will state that I am 27 year old Canadian, and ftm transgender (no medication/horomone treatment) I know its much harder for females on keot, from what I've read, and I know biology matters for stuff like this. I live with my husband, so that's who I mean when I saw 'we'.

Sorry for the somewhat long story, but the background info is a bit needed;

I cannot eat gluten, and I have severe allergic reactions to sweeteners (I only seem to be able to consume stevia, but i HATE the taste and it makes me feel like vomiting) So we were someone low carb to begin with, not low sugar. We'd down candy and soda like mad. But we almost never ate potatoes and GF food is expensive so we'd avoid it.
I grew up on a mostly soda/pop diet (I'd drink upwards of 4 l a day, sometimes 10 or 12 litres), and food was used as a punishment for me (would be taken away) and I grew up around a ton of teenage boys and meal times would be a fight (grab what you could, if you didnt eat fast/protect your food it was taken off your plate). I have a HUGE issue with cutting back on foods because of this. Eliminating foods, even slightly, throws me in to massive panic attacks. The soda was from ages 11 to, lets say 17, then diet sodas for a few years, then I was off for good for about a year, and went back on normal soda after noticing diet sent me in to anaphylaxis.

I believe I have been diabetic since I was a child, due to the symptoms, but I was never taken to a doctor until I was an adult. My sugars regularly were over 25, even fasting.

My husband and I tried to start Keto on Jan 1st, and I found it MUCH too cut back, and it just stressed me out and we had to switch to lchf without counting anything.
We decided to do it because every time I stopped eating carbs for a bit, my symptoms would get better, and he's overweight and has a skin rash that nothing seems to take care of, and a lot of joint pains, but is on a wait list for a doctor. (He's losing weight and his rash and pains are clearing up, yay!)

My sugars yesterday were 11.6 after eating. (12.6 this morning after getting up, 'dawn effect? or whatever its called?") My sugar/diabetes symptoms are clearing up as well! I am not medicated for it, and never have been, and I dont plan to.

I know I am not ready to count macros, or be extremely strict. Even today, thinking about everything just threw me in to a bad panic attack. So, here's a few things Im worrying about;

Am I eating enough?
I very rarely hungry. I get up between 11am and 2pm, and dont eat for at least 2 hours. I try not to eat passed midnight or 1am (we usually go to bed at 2 or 3am, sometimes later) Sometimes we just have a large salad. Im worried Im getting TOO LITTLE calories?

I snack a lot too, should I cut that out? (almond single serve pack, 2 net carbs, or pepperoni sticks/jerky single serves, both 2 carbs. or deli meats and cheese.) We just eat when we're hungry, and its often not a 'meal'. I've never eaten set meal times, and neither of us can eat when we wake (we get really upset tummies).

Too much meat?
When we do eat, it's usually meat. I cannot eat fish, except canned tuna with mayo. I've been pushing veggies lately, but its always with meat. I dont really like eggs except fried, and sometimes egg salad.

Not enough fat?
Im poor, really poor. 700$ a month total poor, so buying things like avocados (usually $2 a pop) or coconut oil ($25) is out of the question. We eat a lot of cheese and cream (half and half or table, heavy/whipping/35% is $7) We make a 'bread' with cheese and egg, and eat that quite often. (1 and 1/4 cup cheese, 1 egg, garlic powder, and parm cheese (kraft powdered))

Im cutting back on the cream; I usually get 3 cream in my teas (peppermint). Ive cut back drastically on coffee because I found it now gives me headache, and it didnt do this before Keto/lchf.

We walk quite a lot, maybe 3/4 days of the week, like shopping malls or walking around town, completed sedetary on weekends because it's my work days/desk job. I plan on swimming in the summer.

The only thing I thought might help is adding a spoon of coconut oil to my tea that I make at home (I usually have 1-5 cups of peppermint with cream a day) Im cutting back on the cream, my cup right now is 'black'. Which could up my fats and help with snacking? Would it be wise to do this whenever Im going to grab a snack? I feel the snacking is more part of my eating disorder and that Im not actually hungry.

I'll also say that my doctor approves of this diet, and I am waiting on a referral to a dietician (but Ive already seen a diabetes dietician around 18, and they told me to eat fruits and brown bread... /: ). I will, hopefully, have a referral to a phych to work through the eating issues and my anxiety and hopefully, eventually, counting macro and stuff will no longer stress me out to the point of breakdowns, but for now I guess I just need tips to help until then. The goal is basically just to lower my sugars, even though I am over weight, I am OK if I dont lose any, so weight loss isnt the primary goal here.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi tk123 and welcome to the Forum and well done on getting your sugars down already. I’ve never tried keto, just low carb, initially less than 100g per day but then after 6 weeks I dropped to 50-70g. I have successfully got my blood sugars to normal levels and I’ve lost a shed load of weight.
I’ll tag in @daisy1 who will post a lot of helpful info for you.
There is a sub forum for gluten free diets which you may find helpful too.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I posted this on another forum, but it seems fairly dead and full of spam.

Hi, Im new to this forum, and I guess Keto/lchf as well and I'm struggling a lot. I will state that I am 27 year old Canadian, and ftm transgender (no medication/horomone treatment) I know its much harder for females on keot, from what I've read, and I know biology matters for stuff like this. I live with my husband, so that's who I mean when I saw 'we'.

Sorry for the somewhat long story, but the background info is a bit needed;

I cannot eat gluten, and I have severe allergic reactions to sweeteners (I only seem to be able to consume stevia, but i HATE the taste and it makes me feel like vomiting) So we were someone low carb to begin with, not low sugar. We'd down candy and soda like mad. But we almost never ate potatoes and GF food is expensive so we'd avoid it.
I grew up on a mostly soda/pop diet (I'd drink upwards of 4 l a day, sometimes 10 or 12 litres), and food was used as a punishment for me (would be taken away) and I grew up around a ton of teenage boys and meal times would be a fight (grab what you could, if you didnt eat fast/protect your food it was taken off your plate). I have a HUGE issue with cutting back on foods because of this. Eliminating foods, even slightly, throws me in to massive panic attacks. The soda was from ages 11 to, lets say 17, then diet sodas for a few years, then I was off for good for about a year, and went back on normal soda after noticing diet sent me in to anaphylaxis.

I believe I have been diabetic since I was a child, due to the symptoms, but I was never taken to a doctor until I was an adult. My sugars regularly were over 25, even fasting.

My husband and I tried to start Keto on Jan 1st, and I found it MUCH too cut back, and it just stressed me out and we had to switch to lchf without counting anything.
We decided to do it because every time I stopped eating carbs for a bit, my symptoms would get better, and he's overweight and has a skin rash that nothing seems to take care of, and a lot of joint pains, but is on a wait list for a doctor. (He's losing weight and his rash and pains are clearing up, yay!)

My sugars yesterday were 11.6 after eating. (12.6 this morning after getting up, 'dawn effect? or whatever its called?") My sugar/diabetes symptoms are clearing up as well! I am not medicated for it, and never have been, and I dont plan to.

I know I am not ready to count macros, or be extremely strict. Even today, thinking about everything just threw me in to a bad panic attack. So, here's a few things Im worrying about;

Am I eating enough?
I very rarely hungry. I get up between 11am and 2pm, and dont eat for at least 2 hours. I try not to eat passed midnight or 1am (we usually go to bed at 2 or 3am, sometimes later) Sometimes we just have a large salad. Im worried Im getting TOO LITTLE calories?

I snack a lot too, should I cut that out? (almond single serve pack, 2 net carbs, or pepperoni sticks/jerky single serves, both 2 carbs. or deli meats and cheese.) We just eat when we're hungry, and its often not a 'meal'. I've never eaten set meal times, and neither of us can eat when we wake (we get really upset tummies).

Too much meat?
When we do eat, it's usually meat. I cannot eat fish, except canned tuna with mayo. I've been pushing veggies lately, but its always with meat. I dont really like eggs except fried, and sometimes egg salad.

Not enough fat?
Im poor, really poor. 700$ a month total poor, so buying things like avocados (usually $2 a pop) or coconut oil ($25) is out of the question. We eat a lot of cheese and cream (half and half or table, heavy/whipping/35% is $7) We make a 'bread' with cheese and egg, and eat that quite often. (1 and 1/4 cup cheese, 1 egg, garlic powder, and parm cheese (kraft powdered))

Im cutting back on the cream; I usually get 3 cream in my teas (peppermint). Ive cut back drastically on coffee because I found it now gives me headache, and it didnt do this before Keto/lchf.

We walk quite a lot, maybe 3/4 days of the week, like shopping malls or walking around town, completed sedetary on weekends because it's my work days/desk job. I plan on swimming in the summer.

The only thing I thought might help is adding a spoon of coconut oil to my tea that I make at home (I usually have 1-5 cups of peppermint with cream a day) Im cutting back on the cream, my cup right now is 'black'. Which could up my fats and help with snacking? Would it be wise to do this whenever Im going to grab a snack? I feel the snacking is more part of my eating disorder and that Im not actually hungry.

I'll also say that my doctor approves of this diet, and I am waiting on a referral to a dietician (but Ive already seen a diabetes dietician around 18, and they told me to eat fruits and brown bread... /: ). I will, hopefully, have a referral to a phych to work through the eating issues and my anxiety and hopefully, eventually, counting macro and stuff will no longer stress me out to the point of breakdowns, but for now I guess I just need tips to help until then. The goal is basically just to lower my sugars, even though I am over weight, I am OK if I dont lose any, so weight loss isnt the primary goal here.

Hiya. To be honest, it sounds to me like you have a reasonable understanding of how it all works and you are doing pretty much the best you can. Personally, I have managed to get my levels down over the last 20 months or so purely through low carb dieting. We all differ...variations on theme (not just in health, eh?)...and so it's near impossible to say "this will work" etc. What I would suggest is that you record your meter readings before and 2-3 hours after eating as well as recording the food eaten...that will arm you with info that may show patterns regarding particular things that help/don't help. You should also be sure to stay well hydrated (I drink about 2 litres of diluted Robinsons no sugar juices a day). Also...are you on any meds for things other than diabetes ? I have been on a lot of different meds following transplant (in fact steroid treatment post transplant is what caused my diabetes), and some were having an impact on my blood sugar so I persuaded my doctors to reduce them. beyond the attention to detail in relation to food and meds...stress and worry are very clearly factors to bear in mind. Sometimes it is best to mange what you can having adjusted as much as is sustainable and then just get on with life and give things time to take effect. Good luck.

tk123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya. To be honest, it sounds to me like you have a reasonable understanding of how it all works and you are doing pretty much the best you can. Personally, I have managed to get my levels down over the last 20 months or so purely through low carb dieting. We all differ...variations on theme (not just in health, eh?)...and so it's near impossible to say "this will work" etc. What I would suggest is that you record your meter readings before and 2-3 hours after eating as well as recording the food eaten...that will arm you with info that may show patterns regarding particular things that help/don't help. You should also be sure to stay well hydrated (I drink about 2 litres of diluted Robinsons no sugar juices a day). Also...are you on any meds for things other than diabetes ? I have been on a lot of different meds following transplant (in fact steroid treatment post transplant is what caused my diabetes), and some were having an impact on my blood sugar so I persuaded my doctors to reduce them. beyond the attention to detail in relation to food and meds...stress and worry are very clearly factors to bear in mind. Sometimes it is best to mange what you can having adjusted as much as is sustainable and then just get on with life and give things time to take effect. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies!

I copypasted from the other forum, so I didnt include as much info, but I am not on any medication at all; I'll take advil or t3's with codeine occasionally. But not anywhere near regularly. Do either of these, especially the advil, have any effect on blood sugars?
My doc told me to test once or twice a week; I just got the meter yesterday. Im just starting out, and trying to tackle this now as Im finacially stable and can afford to.
I dont think my doc is too worried about the diabetes, even though the sugars are way too high, just because everything else reads perfect, including my liver and eyes, whenever theyre checked.

I do have a lot of stress and worry, which Im trying to work on, but Canada has really bad help for any Mental Health and it's been a dead end with everything. Im working on it though, and hopefully that'll bring my stress, anxiety and other issues down!

I've cut back, and eliminated all sugar drinks (soda/pop, juice, milk) I'll drink tea with cream, or black, water, and unsweetened chocolate almond milk (almond breeze brand).

tk123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi tk123 and welcome to the Forum and well done on getting your sugars down already. I’ve never tried keto, just low carb, initially less than 100g per day but then after 6 weeks I dropped to 50-70g. I have successfully got my blood sugars to normal levels and I’ve lost a shed load of weight.
I’ll tag in @daisy1 who will post a lot of helpful info for you.
There is a sub forum for gluten free diets which you may find helpful too.

We aimed for 20g total at first, but the stress of counting was too much; I flopped in bed and just cried for days. Im still learning, but hoping to stay under 50g without counting. (We try to only eat meat, veg, cheese, and snack foods/dressings under 2g a serving)

How long did it take for your sugars to even out? I'm always expecting things instantly. although getting down to 10-12 from 19+ is a huge deal for me.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are typical type two, and lucky then you could see really quick results from eating low carb foods. You don't have to spend loads of money to get the sort of foods you can eat.
I stopped eating a carb laden cholesterol lowering diet the instant I was diagnosed.
Eating fruit and brown bread is - well - you'll probably only need to test a couple of times to see just how bad it is for you.
Cheaper cuts of meat, lots of eggs, sausages, if they are low carb, mushrooms, courgettes, salad stuff - frozen vege mixes - look for the lowest carb content, frozen berry mixes, again low carb - and no waste, coffee with cream - I took Metformin for a few weeks and tea became really bad tasting - I can't drink ordinary tea at all now but find mint and licorice tea is good, just plain.
I went from fully diabetic to a Hba1c of 47 in 80 days - down to 'prediabetic' range. I do consider myself lucky - but I wasn't really trying hard.
I've lost weight and feel so much better now, and I would urge you to concentrate on the things you can eat, rather than what you can't - perhaps you can pick up marked down foods on certain days at certain supermarkets and then plan your meals around them, or if you can buy things such as large packs of chicken thighs, cook then for two day's meals - I regularly use them for dinner one day and lunch the next. I can eat just two meals a day and not snack - my appetite is always like that when I eat low carb, so you might find the same thing happens for you. It is liberating to realize that food is just not that important any longer.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@tk123

Hello tk123 and welcome to the Forum :) Here is the Basic Information we give to new members and I hope you will find it useful. Ask as many questions as you want and someone will be able to help.

BASIC INFORMATION FOR NEW MEMBERS

Diabetes is the general term to describe people who have blood that is sweeter than normal. A number of different types of diabetes exist.

A diagnosis of diabetes tends to be a big shock for most of us. It’s far from the end of the world though and on this forum you'll find well over 235,000 people who are demonstrating this.

On the forum we have found that with the number of new people being diagnosed with diabetes each day, sometimes the NHS is not being able to give all the advice it would perhaps like to deliver - particularly with regards to people with type 2 diabetes.

The role of carbohydrate

Carbohydrates are a factor in diabetes because they ultimately break down into sugar (glucose) within our blood. We then need enough insulin to either convert the blood sugar into energy for our body, or to store the blood sugar as body fat.

If the amount of carbohydrate we take in is more than our body’s own (or injected) insulin can cope with, then our blood sugar will rise.

The bad news

Research indicates that raised blood sugar levels over a period of years can lead to organ damage, commonly referred to as diabetic complications.

The good news

People on the forum here have shown that there is plenty of opportunity to keep blood sugar levels from going too high. It’s a daily task but it’s within our reach and it’s well worth the effort.

Controlling your carbs

The info below is primarily aimed at people with type 2 diabetes, however, it may also be of benefit for other types of diabetes as well.

There are two approaches to controlling your carbs:
  • Reduce your carbohydrate intake
  • Choose ‘better’ carbohydrates
Reduce your carbohydrates

A large number of people on this forum have chosen to reduce the amount of carbohydrates they eat as they have found this to be an effective way of improving (lowering) their blood sugar levels.

The carbohydrates which tend to have the most pronounced effect on blood sugar levels tend to be starchy carbohydrates such as rice, pasta, bread, potatoes and similar root vegetables, flour based products (pastry, cakes, biscuits, battered food etc) and certain fruits.

Choosing better carbohydrates

The low glycaemic index diet is often favoured by healthcare professionals but some people with diabetes find that low GI does not help their blood sugar enough and may wish to cut out these foods altogether.

Read more on carbohydrates and diabetes.

Over 145,000 people have taken part in the Low Carb Program - a 10 week structured education course that is helping people lose weight and reduce medication dependency by explaining the science behind carbs, insulin and GI.

Eating what works for you

Different people respond differently to different types of food. What works for one person may not work so well for another. The best way to see which foods are working for you is to test your blood sugar with a glucose meter.

To be able to see what effect a particular type of food or meal has on your blood sugar is to do a test before the meal and then test after the meal. A test 2 hours after the meal gives a good idea of how your body has reacted to the meal.

The blood sugar ranges recommended by NICE are as follows:

Blood glucose ranges for type 2 diabetes
  • Before meals: 4 to 7 mmol/l
  • 2 hours after meals: under 8.5 mmol/l
Blood glucose ranges for type 1 diabetes (adults)
  • 2 hours after meals: under 9 mmol/l
Blood glucose ranges for type 1 diabetes (children)
  • Before meals: 4 to 8 mmol/l
  • 2 hours after meals: under 10 mmol/l
However, those that are able to, may wish to keep blood sugar levels below the NICE after meal targets.

Access to blood glucose test strips

The NICE guidelines suggest that people newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes should be offered:
  • structured education to every person and/or their carer at and around the time of diagnosis, with annual reinforcement and review
  • self-monitoring of plasma glucose to a person newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes only as an integral part of his or her self-management education

Therefore both structured education and self-monitoring of blood glucose should be offered to people with type 2 diabetes. Read more on getting access to blood glucose testing supplies.

You may also be interested to read questions to ask at a diabetic clinic.

Note: This post has been edited from Sue/Ken's post to include up to date information.
Take part in Diabetes.co.uk digital education programs and improve your understanding. Most of these are free.

• Low Carb Program - it's made front-page news of the New Scientist and The Times. Developed with 20,000 people with type 2 diabetes; 96% of people who take part recommend it... find out why

• Hypo Program - improve your understanding of hypos. There's a version for people with diabetes, parents/guardians of children with type 1, children with type 1 diabetes, teachers and HCPs.

tk123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@tk123

Hello tk123 and welcome to the Forum :) Here is the Basic Information we give to new members and I hope you will find it useful. Ask as many questions as you want and someone will be able to help.

BASIC INFORMATION FOR NEW MEMBERS

Diabetes is the general term to describe people who have blood that is sweeter than normal. A number of different types of diabetes exist.

A diagnosis of diabetes tends to be a big shock for most of us. It’s far from the end of the world though and on this forum you'll find well over 235,000 people who are demonstrating this.

On the forum we have found that with the number of new people being diagnosed with diabetes each day, sometimes the NHS is not being able to give all the advice it would perhaps like to deliver - particularly with regards to people with type 2 diabetes.

The role of carbohydrate

Carbohydrates are a factor in diabetes because they ultimately break down into sugar (glucose) within our blood. We then need enough insulin to either convert the blood sugar into energy for our body, or to store the blood sugar as body fat.

If the amount of carbohydrate we take in is more than our body’s own (or injected) insulin can cope with, then our blood sugar will rise.

The bad news

Research indicates that raised blood sugar levels over a period of years can lead to organ damage, commonly referred to as diabetic complications.

The good news

People on the forum here have shown that there is plenty of opportunity to keep blood sugar levels from going too high. It’s a daily task but it’s within our reach and it’s well worth the effort.

Controlling your carbs

The info below is primarily aimed at people with type 2 diabetes, however, it may also be of benefit for other types of diabetes as well.

There are two approaches to controlling your carbs:
  • Reduce your carbohydrate intake
  • Choose ‘better’ carbohydrates
Reduce your carbohydrates

A large number of people on this forum have chosen to reduce the amount of carbohydrates they eat as they have found this to be an effective way of improving (lowering) their blood sugar levels.

The carbohydrates which tend to have the most pronounced effect on blood sugar levels tend to be starchy carbohydrates such as rice, pasta, bread, potatoes and similar root vegetables, flour based products (pastry, cakes, biscuits, battered food etc) and certain fruits.

Choosing better carbohydrates

The low glycaemic index diet is often favoured by healthcare professionals but some people with diabetes find that low GI does not help their blood sugar enough and may wish to cut out these foods altogether.

Read more on carbohydrates and diabetes.

Over 145,000 people have taken part in the Low Carb Program - a 10 week structured education course that is helping people lose weight and reduce medication dependency by explaining the science behind carbs, insulin and GI.

Eating what works for you

Different people respond differently to different types of food. What works for one person may not work so well for another. The best way to see which foods are working for you is to test your blood sugar with a glucose meter.

To be able to see what effect a particular type of food or meal has on your blood sugar is to do a test before the meal and then test after the meal. A test 2 hours after the meal gives a good idea of how your body has reacted to the meal.

The blood sugar ranges recommended by NICE are as follows:

Blood glucose ranges for type 2 diabetes
  • 2 hours after meals: under 8.5 mmol/l
Blood glucose ranges for type 1 diabetes (adults)
  • 2 hours after meals: under 9 mmol/l
Blood glucose ranges for type 1 diabetes (children)
  • Before meals: 4 to 8 mmol/l
  • 2 hours after meals: under 10 mmol/l
However, those that are able to, may wish to keep blood sugar levels below the NICE after meal targets.

Access to blood glucose test strips

The NICE guidelines suggest that people newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes should be offered:
  • structured education to every person and/or their carer at and around the time of diagnosis, with annual reinforcement and review
  • self-monitoring of plasma glucose to a person newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes only as an integral part of his or her self-management education

Therefore both structured education and self-monitoring of blood glucose should be offered to people with type 2 diabetes. Read more on getting access to blood glucose testing supplies.

You may also be interested to read questions to ask at a diabetic clinic.

Note: This post has been edited from Sue/Ken's post to include up to date information.
Take part in Diabetes.co.uk digital education programs and improve your understanding. Most of these are free.

• Low Carb Program - it's made front-page news of the New Scientist and The Times. Developed with 20,000 people with type 2 diabetes; 96% of people who take part recommend it... find out why

• Hypo Program - improve your understanding of hypos. There's a version for people with diabetes, parents/guardians of children with type 1, children with type 1 diabetes, teachers and HCPs.

Thank you for the info! I've done a lot of reading but this helps too.

My doctor told me to just test my blood at home once or twice a week, to see if LC is lowering it. Im not on any meds or anything else; Is there a specific time I should test if Im not doing it regularly?

I do know it is higher when I wake up as well, should I test then? Or avoid that?

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there a specific time I should test if Im not doing it regularly?
Idealy you need to test more in the beggining to find how your meals affect you blood glucose level. I would not test fasting as priority as they can take months to come down.

I would test before and 2 hours after main meals looking at the rise. Testing in this way is easier if you are not snacking but eating well when you are hungry. I find I am really benefiting from giving my body a rest between meals by not snacking.

Reactions: pleinster

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As you have so few options I would suggest that you chose one day of the week when you will test, eat a carefully weighed meal - always the same foods and the same amounts, and then test two hours after starting to eat.
It is not ideal, but if you see that the readings are reducing it might give you some idea of how you are doing.

Polly1974

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the replies!

I copypasted from the other forum, so I didnt include as much info, but I am not on any medication at all; I'll take advil or t3's with codeine occasionally. But not anywhere near regularly. Do either of these, especially the advil, have any effect on blood sugars?
My doc told me to test once or twice a week; I just got the meter yesterday. Im just starting out, and trying to tackle this now as Im finacially stable and can afford to.
I dont think my doc is too worried about the diabetes, even though the sugars are way too high, just because everything else reads perfect, including my liver and eyes, whenever theyre checked.

I do have a lot of stress and worry, which Im trying to work on, but Canada has really bad help for any Mental Health and it's been a dead end with everything. Im working on it though, and hopefully that'll bring my stress, anxiety and other issues down!

I've cut back, and eliminated all sugar drinks (soda/pop, juice, milk) I'll drink tea with cream, or black, water, and unsweetened chocolate almond milk (almond breeze brand).

I’m new to this as well but I have learnt that pain and or stress can be huge factors with blood numbers.

Also I would say add in some tricks like eating with baby cutlery and plates put your food in mouth and chew each piece 20 times when chewing make sure you put your knife and fork down.

Cheese is good for teeth but I would say cut out your cream altogether and maybe replace with skimmed milk.

You do get use to swapping foods for healthier options.

Another tip I would suggest? Would be too instead of waiting 2 hours to eat brekki can you not try and maybe make it 1.5hrs instead? I hate eating also when I get up.

But another tip also I would try and kick your habit of late sleep and waking up late this can also lead to heavy weight.

These are only suggestions of course.

But remember one thing when we get told you can’t have we always want what we can’t have maybe say to yourself instead I can eat whatever I like but I will choose to eat the healthy option instead.

The mind is a wonderful tool but it can also be very naughty when we can’t do something.

Good luck x

tk123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m new to this as well but I have learnt that pain and or stress can be huge factors with blood numbers.

Also I would say add in some tricks like eating with baby cutlery and plates put your food in mouth and chew each piece 20 times when chewing make sure you put your knife and fork down.

Cheese is good for teeth but I would say cut out your cream altogether and maybe replace with skimmed milk.

You do get use to swapping foods for healthier options.

Another tip I would suggest? Would be too instead of waiting 2 hours to eat brekki can you not try and maybe make it 1.5hrs instead? I hate eating also when I get up.

But another tip also I would try and kick your habit of late sleep and waking up late this can also lead to heavy weight.

These are only suggestions of course.

But remember one thing when we get told you can’t have we always want what we can’t have maybe say to yourself instead I can eat whatever I like but I will choose to eat the healthy option instead.

The mind is a wonderful tool but it can also be very naughty when we can’t do something.

Good luck x

I am aiming for IF by skipping breakfast, so eating it sooner would probably break that. As well as sleeping habits arent an option to change due to my work.

Why suggest skim milk? Every LC, even Keto, says to avoid all milk and stay with cream for the fat content. SKim would just be added carbs with no benefits, wouldnt it?