Successful delivery!!!!!

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi ladies,

I would like to announce the birth of my second boy born at 11:34, last night weighing 7lb 7oz! 37 plus 2 days.

HE WAS BORN NATURALLY!!! just to gas and air and pethadine, I avoided a sliding scale and managed to keep my sugars between 5 - 7 Mml. I only needed one pesery aswell

Baby’s all healthy. His sugars are normal! I have had the perfect birth. The consultants wanted to give me an epidural but I said I wanted to try and do it alone and see how I got on!! Positive mind set worked along with watching Micheal McIntyre and realising natural endorphins I reckon

Xx

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ladies,

I would like to announce the birth of my second boy born at 11:34, last night weighing 7lb 7oz! 37 plus 2 days.

HE WAS BORN NATURALLY!!! just to gas and air and pethadine, I avoided a sliding scale and managed to keep my sugars between 5 - 7 Mml. I only needed one pesery aswell

Baby’s all healthy. His sugars are normal! I have had the perfect birth. The consultants wanted to give me an epidural but I said I wanted to try and do it alone and see how I got on!! Positive mind set worked along with watching Micheal McIntyre and realising natural endorphins I reckon

Xx
Congratulations wonderful news. Well done you!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Madelinelowery . I'm not a lady.
But I would still like to offer my congratulations and admiration for keeping the " d " under control at such an exhausting and demanding time.:)

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is the best news to round off a genuinely awful day. I'm so happy for you and your family(+1!) - congratulations on such a wonderful birthing experience - it's a story you're never going to stop feeling great about when you tell it - and for managing your diabetes like a champ.

Your Mamma-Fu is strong! :)

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done to Mumsie and welcome little one! Blessings to you and your family, Madelinelowery! You will be an inspiration and encouragement to the other Mums waiting to deliver who are connected to this Forum. Great job/L

Reactions: Madelinelowery

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations xx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fantastic news. You're a brillant mum already. No doubt there.
The rest will be nothing to what you've just done.
You should sail it.

Well well done!

I've done it twice and last one in my 40s. A great achievement on insulin. Brilliant. :)

Reactions: Madelinelowery