Superfoods

BlindFaith

Just wanted to say that I'm now a proud member of the "I Love Chia Seeds Club" :lol:

I put them in either porridge, muesli or yogurt in the morning and it really helps me to not eat myself out of house and home about 2 hours after breakfast :lol:

Just wondering - if you grind the seeds (as you can with flaxseeds) would they still have the same benefit?

Clover

BlindFaith said:
Just wanted to say that I'm now a proud member of the "I Love Chia Seeds Club" :lol:

Me too. I've started losing weight again, have more energy and have not been hungry in the 3 days I have been taking them (3 teaspoons/day). A teaspoon in the evening means I feel comfortably full all evening/night. Little miracles.

But I read on one site that they have to be ground for the body to be able to access all the nutrients. I know on here people are (among other things) just sprinkling them on food. Just wondered if anyone can confirm that they can be digested if eaten whole and unsoaked?

Thanks

(At the moment I chew them for as long as I can after mixing them with a small amount of yogurt.)

Defren

Brilliant, new chia lovers :lol:

Please do remember to drink plenty after having them, I know I keep saying it, but would hate anyone to suffer by not drinking enough. Also, if using them in cooking, add at the very end. It seems adding them early can and does cause large spikes, and I want people to be healthy on chia, not sick.

Joanna.

Defren

watercress

It takes something to make a food a superfood, and even more for us, Joe public to believe it. The latest food being touted as a superfood is something I eat myself - watercress. While I can't fully support the recent claims it acts as a natural facelift, as I eat at least 10 fruit (berries only) and veg/salad a day, I can say that my own hair, skin and nails are the best they have been in years. Is watercress the reason why, or is it a combination of all the green leafy veg/salad I eat? I don't know, but the research seems quite interesting, and something I will try to keep up to date with. Even if it turns out it's not quite as powerful an anti aging tool as is being claimed, eating watercress is certainly a benefit to our bodies, so in that respect worth being included into a diabetic diet.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Defren is has got the right idea regarding "Watercress"

It is best when raw, however when cooked it loses a great deal of its vitamin content.

Roy. :)