Support thread for those of us who dont lose weight

S

serenity648

I have reduced all carbs from my diet... no potatoes no pasta no cakes etc. The only carbs I ingest now are from cream, (which has very little) and nuts (I eat very few) etc. Max carbs I reach is 20-30 a day! I have lost 8lbs in 12 weeks. I am not convinced they have gone yet as I managed to lose 6lbs one week only to put them on the next week! Can I join you?
the more the merrier. We can support each other in controlling our diabetes, and maybe, together, we can find solutions to our weight issues, or find ways to be happier with what like has thrown at us healthwise x

S

serenity648

Just in case anyone missed this, I put this in my original post when starting this thread:

I wanted a thread for us to support each other, without people coming on telling us we are doing X,Y or Z wrong, and just being there for each other.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel happy that there are other members that are struggling like me
Though I do hate having people saying, if I can do it then so can you
You hold your head high, @ally1. You have made amazing progress since you started here.

Oh, and yes, it is good to know you are not the only one with the weight struggles.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
LOL... I read Ali as Ellagy!

Reactions: Pipp
S

serenity648

I managed a swim today. 15 mins of gentle breast stroke. It felt good to move in the water, and stretch out. I went mid afternoon, when the pool is almost empty, except for a few octogenarians who I see every week, and always say hello to me.

If i mention the spoons theory will you all know what I mean?

Reactions: ickihun

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
So.. I have eaten LC Pancakes
2oz edam
Mince and cauli
Low sugar jelly and lactose free yoghurt
3 x creamy coffee (4 tsp of cream)

What have you eaten...or is that a rude question. Apologies if it is!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I managed a swim today. 15 mins of gentle breast stroke. It felt good to move in the water, and stretch out. I went mid afternoon, when the pool is almost empty, except for a few octogenarians who I see every week, and always say hello to me.

If i mention the spoons theory will you all know what I mean?
Nooooo sorry.. what does it mean?

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Count me in, lost a couple of pounds doing the 800 cal a day diet, and slogging my guts doing kettlebell, waste of time.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
No you are far from the only one. It hurts when you get told to just suck it up and deal with it but you are just so exhausted all the time. People really don't understand what it means to be chronically ill or fatigued. I have been told so often, "but you look fine". People that know me don't think I look fine, they think I look tired, pale, and ill.

S

serenity648

I cried when I read this. I don't have lupus but it described the fatigue I felt for years. I never had enough spoons to buy good nutiritous food and then come home and cook it. So often it just went to waste. It's so easy to tell someone to eat healthily, but it isn't so easy to do when you don't have enough spoons. I always thought I was the only one.....

you are not the only one. I have ME and I cried when I found out I was not the only one too.

S

serenity648

I also belong to an online knitting forum, and there are many, many of us on there. Thats how I found out about the spoons theory.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
you are not the only one. I have ME and I cried when I found out I was not the only one too.
@serenity648 Thank you for posting that link. I think I will send it to my sisters as they both have Fibromyalgia, I have ME. I don't have any friends to tell it to but they do! Please understand I am not complaining re having no friends.. I have my wonderful husband and he has many friends who would willingly be my friends. I just don't feel I have the energy for them! I will keep in mind the spoons and allocate some to my day each day :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Shame we couldnt amalgamate our spoons and give each other a day off. If only.

Reactions: daisyduck

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I join too please.
I feel good on LCHF and like many of you lost weight for the first year.. 2 stones.. and then it just STOPPED !
I can maintain now but my body does not want to let go of any more , and there is at least 2 more stones to lose.
My Hba is down to 48, BP good, liver and kidneys all normal again, but this excess weight will not go !
I try to stay positive as I've never been able to maintain on any other diet, and I've tried them all over 40 odd years. Reading through the posts it seems like many of us been very strict dieters earlier in our lives and our bodies have got used to managing on less and less?
I don't know what the answer is but it's good to be in the company of people who understand.

Reactions: Pipp and Brunneria

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also belong to an online knitting forum, and there are many, many of us on there. Thats how I found out about the spoons theory.
Are we related?
I knew the spoons theory. Lived it the last 30 years. I try to make sure I spend some of my daily spoon quota in the swimming pool. Some I spend knitting. Knitting is a sort of meditation for me. Lately I seem more able to get more from my spoon quota than I used to. Well on a few days a week, that is, but I am used to being economical and on days I can't do stuff, I just shrug and put my feet up. I just don't try too hard, as it just sets me up to fail.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No you are far from the only one. It hurts when you get told to just suck it up and deal with it but you are just so exhausted all the time. People really don't understand what it means to be chronically ill or fatigued. I have been told so often, "but you look fine". People that know me don't think I look fine, they think I look tired, pale, and ill.
Yes, I get told I don't look ill, or disabled. Well of course I don't because I only venture out and see people on days I feel ok.