Swelled ankles and water blisters

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
Hello Janie here, I keep getting swelled ankles and blisters that are full of water appearing on the backs of my ankles. Any idea why?

I'm on blood pressure tables and water tables and am type 2 but not on tablets as only diagagnoised June 6th so told to diet and so on.

Diets going well lost 4.5cms since I started just over a month ago but worried about these blisters.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
You really need to see your doctor about this.Are your legs also red and sore?

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
The backs are yes and have been for a while , they seem fine for a bit then like today they swell and I get a blister , my left ones worse and it actually feels as if I've sprained my ankle.

I might book in and go and see them next week if it doesnt improve.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Janie.

As Sue says, make sure you get this looked at ASAP. Waiting around will not cure the problem.

Ken.

Janieb

Dislikes
Hi, I've been doing about 15-20 minutes on the x trainer about 3/4 times a week and taking the dogs out for a walk every day.

Janieb

Dislikes
Got this checked out as well seems my water tablets didnt like me so they've been swopped to a different type and no issues now. Mind you doc said that as I lost weight the ankle swelling etc would improve anyway.

Handyníall

Dislikes
Anything that'll wake us up before noon on a weekend...
Did the water tablets cause the edema?

Be aware of it again since it can be cause by kidney problems (and if you do get it again, press your thumb into it and if it leaves an indent for a while make an appointment with your GP. If it doesn't leave a mark, go to A&E as it could be potentially more serious than water retention).

Janieb

Dislikes
Thanks for that yes I'll keep an eye on it.
My docs really good so if I'm feeling off at all she normally sees me straight away.