Symptoms

Nesmex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone get tight chested and constantly having to take extra breaths when your sugar level are high. Also feel your bladder full alot to wear it wakes as it aches of fullness.

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do but never thought about the chest tightness as having anything to do with diabetes the full bladder yes it seems to be a diabetic thing
Will start noting bs and chest tightness to see if there is a connection
Cheers
Jan

Reactions: 2 people

Nesmex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So how come breathing problems isn't a symptom when you have high blood sugars?? I don't understand. It's very scary and it's tiring and I don't have asthma

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi first I must say I'm not on insulin just metformin and gliclazide
I have also had a couple of coughing episodes where I'm coughing but can't inhale any air for my next breath which is really scary because I wouldn't be able to call for help
I have been blaming my blood pressure tablets but I think the side affects should have worn after after 12mth on them
Have you spoken to your Dr about the chest tightness? I'm trying to avoid Drs etc until the flu season had passed since I've refused a flu jab
Please let me know if you do find out anymore as it is very scary not being able to breath properly
Jan