Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting that for weight loss for meso and endomorphs cuttings carbs is recommended...
But as an ecto it's not that interesting for me to be fair, the link is for a basic guide on what's what with body make up and to highlight why I can eat what I eat without hindrance, an explanation for my portion sizes as it were, there'll be no low carb on this thread as that's not what I posted it for.

I'll edit that to say that I'll not be posting low carb, feel free to post yours, I've got to say that Mel's posted some nice looking lc meals that if they were on my plate I'd eat them :)

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But as an ecto it's not that interesting for me to be fair, the link is for a basic guide on what's what with body make up and to highlight why I can eat what I eat without hindrance, an explanation for my portion sizes as it were, there'll be no low carb on this thread as that's not what I posted it for.
You posted the article I just read it!
Indeed as an ecto you may be fine doing what you do.. for those of us that aren't I thought it quite interesting..

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am going to cook a stir fry tonight, off to work soon, which is quite active, I have been having hypo's at work and therefore reduced my insulin, last Friday i managed all afternoon, then i get home and it's 3.8 !! so even less insulin today, hope it works :) but it is a little high at the moment, probably because I am stressing about it:rolleyes:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going to cook a stir fry tonight, off to work soon, which is quite active, I have been having hypo's at work and therefore reduced my insulin, last Friday i managed all afternoon, then i get home and it's 3.8 !! so even less insulin today, hope it works :) but it is a little high at the moment, probably because I am stressing about it:rolleyes:

Gosh RRB, I know it's totally off-topic from the thread, but I just wanted to comment you've done incredibly well to get back to work so quickly after your illness.

Apologies, @kev-w .

I'll now go and recite the Community Ethos and Rules to myself, and do lines.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@DCUKMod you're quite right in your comment to RRB in how well she's recovered from a stay in the emergency ward, and good on the lady too :)

As far as it goes I've spiked to 9.4, but I've iob and am about to head to the pool, the banana is going in the bin later as it's not needed today and will be over ripe tomorrow which causes a spike.

Edit to say the 9.4 went down to 7.6 after the pool.

Last edited:

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found the article interesting @kev-w . I think I'm a bit mesomorphy.

I've cut carbs a bit to lose weight, but, addressing @bulkbiker here, I'm only 5 ft 4in, but if I got much below 10 and a half stone I always find people telling me I look too thin, so I suspect moderate carbs suit my body type.

The problem with cutting carbs is it depends what you're trying to achieve, and it depends where you're starting from. Obviously for overweight people who eat a lot of carbs cutting carbs is the perfect weight loss option.

But it depends, there is no one simple answer for everyone. Which is what the article shows.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
would buckwheat also be called 'Polish rice'?

Yeah, pretty much, I've been to Krakow a few times, and it gets sold in boil-in-the-bag sachets in most shops, and is on a lot of restaurant menus.

It makes a change from rice, more interesting shape, and the purplish, brownish and white colours make the meal look more exotic.

If you ever get the chance, Krakow's well worth a visit. A Polish prince married an Italian princess, she brought some architects across with her (well, who wouldn't, doesn't everyone take an architect with them when travelling?) so a lot of the buildings have this mix of medieval Eastern European with twirly Italian bits. Fantastic 200 metre long central square with stunning buildings dotted around it like something out of a Terry Gilliam movie.

The food can be a bit heavy, but the creamy borscht beetroot soup is like eating silk, although it can be a bit hit or miss on bolusing as some chefs use sugar with it. Goloncka is a huge big ham hock braised in beer, flesh just falls off the bone. Zureck's a soup made from fermented rye flour - sounds nasty but has got a nice tang to it.

Good value for money, I've often left the hotel around noon, had a couple of meals, hung around a few bars till the early hours and still gone home with change from about £20!

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ecto with a bit of Meso here I think. Just under 5'4" and I dropped to under 8 stone pre diagnosis last year. Given I'm reasonably fit I think that the only thing keeping my weight up was the fact that I have quite good muscle tone!

Taken me 12 months to regain the weight. A journey in 'not all carbs are the same'. Rice and potato seems fine, pasta is a struggle.

Reactions: kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Gosh RRB, I know it's totally off-topic from the thread, but I just wanted to comment you've done incredibly well to get back to work so quickly after your illness.

Apologies, @kev-w .

I'll now go and recite the Community Ethos and Rules to myself, and do lines.

Thank you, it's very tiring, but needs must. I know @kev-w wouldn't mind at all.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ecto with a bit of Meso here I think. Just under 5'4" and I dropped to under 8 stone pre diagnosis last year. Given I'm reasonably fit I think that the only thing keeping my weight up was the fact that I have quite good muscle tone!

Taken me 12 months to regain the weight. A journey in 'not all carbs are the same'. Rice and potato seems fine, pasta is a struggle.

I am 5 ft 2 and was 8 1/2 stone, I dropped to 7 st 1, when I was diagnosed. When the weight started to creep up with Insulin, I was a bit peeved then, but I am still around the same weight, give or take a couple of pounds here and there.

Reactions: kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Turkey Stir fry (leftover turkey from last weeks Sunday roast)

20180923_173509-1_resized.jpg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Home cooked tonight, around and about 100g carbs, a 'Sofrito' sauce and what was left of the arrabbita in the fridge, chicken fried with seasoning, shallots and garlic, with capers and olives, and hiding underneath is mange tout broccoli and carrot, oh and my homemade ghost pepper pickle, a squeezed lime and provencal herbs, with 7,5u Humalog. I did lose the bay leaf but it turned up before I choked on it, cooked enough for two meals so there's another portion in a take away container to join others in the freezer.
photo.JPG

Last edited:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tonight's tea is one from the freezer, the second half of a previous meal :) thing is I'm not sure what it was as it's the oldest and the chicken had ice on it, but the sauces I use aren't far apart carbs wise so I've had 7u, anyway, chicken something in a spicy tomato sauce, swapped mange tout for sugar snap peas, shallots carrots and broccoli and reckoning on around 100g all in, cooled and reheated brown basmati rice for the carbs, I had a little up spike at late lunch eating tuna without bread, which isn't what you'd expect but I took 1u at 8.8 and settled to a steady 6.
ttt.jpeg